Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fabx View Post
    OTB thanks for the update.
    I think you are doing an excellent job and admire your transparency and honesty.

I follow the main account and have ended up at break even for the month so not a big deal.
    If you were only providing this signal or maybe the medium risk as well, would this month have taken so much of a toll on your time, energy and emotions.
    Were most of the people that messaged you on the high risk account?
    Has the high risk account taken a disproportionate amount of your time and energy.
    If so is it worth considering if you need to provide a high risk strategy.

You are exactly right. on point. this is exactly what happened. This strategy had run with 30% performance fees at HotForex and that is why I continued it.
    I had 250 investors for about 6 months. On top of the leaderboard. Now that is gone for now.
    So I have to ponder and reflect what the best use of my limited time is. The medium risk and low risk, yes, have been consistent, stable, and successful.

Comment

• 2019 Performance for low risk strategy: 2.06%
      2019 Performance for medium risk strategy: 3.17% (This new signal will be released on SimpleTrader this week)

** Three high risk signals are still open, and one has closed. You can view these at MyFXBook, MQL5, HotForex Copy and SignalStart. One will be released here at SimpleTrader next week.

I know my true potential and what I'm capable of. Not giving up forex world, keep testing me, keep knocking me down. What you'll find is that I keep getting back up, despite a bloody nose, despite the sweat and tears. I will never settle for average, I'm going for greatness. Bring it on!

I will be limiting my public interaction and direct messaging from this point forwards.
      Markets fluctuate and for this reason risk management, a trade plan with a consistent edge, and a patient, disciplined, emotional/psychological self regulation is paramount.

Due to recent high risk "temporary troubles" I have learned that it is no longer necessary for me to be so accessible, open, and giving with my analysis, assurances, and plans.
      I will continue to make monthly updates, and I will contribute more of my time and public engagement in trading discussions with other positive-minded and encouraging professionals, as I see this is more conducive to my long-term success and vitality. I have enough online exposure, a growing number of large investors, and later this year this will eventually mean closing down my low, medium, and high risk trade copying signals to protect my private activity on behalf of clients in my funds at Darwinex, Mt Cook, and AxiSelect.

nevergiveup2.jpg​​​​​​​
      Last edited by OutsideTheBoxHK; 02-06-2019, 03:42 AM.

Comment

• coming soon. this week or next.

High Risk re-vamp at SimpleTrader ..... https://www.simpletrader.net/signal/...High-Risk.html

Medium Risk at SimpleTrader ..... https://www.simpletrader.net/signal/...dium-Risk.html

Comment

• Greg, thank you for your honesty and openness in your communication. It's always welcome in this forum and will take you a long way in any dealings with investors.

I believe your performance has been excellent, despite contrary communication you might have received. Due to the potential high return nature of FX Trading, it often draws unrealistic expectations from investors with little experience. Those involved for a longer time hopefully have experienced the realities of drawdown and watching it successfully managed.

I look forward to following you on SimpleTrader or elsewhere if you choose to go that way for a longer time.

Comment

• Originally posted by OutsideTheBoxHK View Post

Will let you know once I have it all sorted.
            Yes that is along the lines I was thinking. it will be an offer to help all those recover funds they have lost recently.
            Any news on this offer?

Comment

• OTB as you know I follow the low risk signal, is there no way you can keep this running even if you do get larger investors.
              I think it would be good for you to reward those that helped you on your journey.
              It seems a bit of a shame to drop those supporters of your trading.
              Please let me know if this could be possible.
              Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by fabx View Post
                OTB as you know I follow the low risk signal, is there no way you can keep this running even if you do get larger investors.
                I think it would be good for you to reward those that helped you on your journey.
                It seems a bit of a shame to drop those supporters of your trading.
                Please let me know if this could be possible.
                Thanks.
                Hi fabx
                My signals will run at least 6 months more, and then SimpleTrader will keep running for those who want to trade copy under $75,000 funds.
                Those with more significant capital will be offered fund management only at Darwinex, Mt Cook, or AxiSelect. I'm in the wrap up phase of this part of my career, as you can see from above comment people are taking shots at me without evidence to support their claims. 10% true - 90% false. ho hum. Par for the course.

Comment

• Another day, another dollar.
                  Online professions in finance can be riddled with jealousy, ignorance, animosity, and the whole nine yards.
                  I now am convinced that this attention will only reinforce my skill, honesty, determination, openness, and profitability to those who are disciplined and thorough in their due diligence. The comments which I will not even reference come from a specific grievance no doubt.
                  What I have learnt though, as I also have suffered losses by following other traders early in my career, is that the absolute best way to handle disappointment is to reflect, learn, and gather up strength to once again make my best attack on the markets. And be even more consistent.

Comment

• One honest and good display of "online authenticity" by these people who attack both my personal integrity and my trading performance (to make this interesting to the online world) would be to take the following actions .....
                    1. provide your identity like I have done
                    2. provide substantiation to all the claims you have made above and on other forums like Donna Forex
                    3. specifically referencing each claim (incuding InterPol haha)
                    4. provide your job / business details / contact details like I have done
                    5. Also provide evidence of your Forex Expertise (track record, long running threads in forex forums, etc)

And then we'd be on an even playing field to have a good sparring match.
                      Moderators sometimes enforce their community guidelines (TradingView is good for this) and sometimes they (Donna Forex and here) just say we must not silence the dissenting voices no matter how exaggerated and unsubstantiated the comments were.
                    Last edited by OutsideTheBoxHK; 02-08-2019, 02:07 AM.

Comment

• Greg, not sure if you missed the question or ignored it but can you just confirm that there will be no special offer for those that have lost an account or if there is one, point us there? You don't "have to" make one obviously but you indicated that there would be one most likely so I'd like to know where we stand now.

Comment

• Originally posted by OutsideTheBoxHK View Post
                        One honest and good display of "online authenticity" by these people who attack both my personal integrity and my trading performance (to make this interesting to the online world) would be to take the following actions .....
                        1. provide your identity like I have done
                        2. provide substantiation to all the claims you have made above and on other forums like Donna Forex
                        3. specifically referencing each claim (incuding InterPol haha)
                        4. provide your job / business details / contact details like I have done
                        5. Also provide evidence of your Forex Expertise (track record, long running threads in forex forums, etc)

And then we'd be on an even playing field to have a good sparring match.
                          Moderators sometimes enforce their community guidelines (TradingView is good for this) and sometimes they (Donna Forex and here) just say we must not silence the dissenting voices no matter how exaggerated and unsubstantiated the comments were.
                        Dont let people get to you. When anyone purchases a subscription they lawfully accept and acknowledge any risks associated with that service they are purchasing. Feeding into them is only going to compound the issue and cause you some mental trauma. You didnt force anyone to purchase their sub and you sure didnt force anyone on how much to fund their account with. This was all their own doing. At any time, each individual had the option to turn your signial on/off and they also had the option to cut any trades that your signal was sending out at any time which would have saved them some capital.

Some people just dont understand that this is Forex and the risks are very real in the market. Be prepared to lose money and accept your losses. Never invest any money that would cause you stress, get mad or depression in the event of loss. That is just plain old stupidity but of course most of us here know this already. There are also those people that think that ST is free for traders to use which is false. People need to understand that each trader is charged for each connection by ST each month.

You tried your best and you lost.. That happens and people just need to move on. You gave people more of an explanation than you had to. There is 1 question to settle it all. Who had control of the account?
                        Last edited by NextGen4FX; 02-09-2019, 07:23 AM.

Comment

• I see more and more trolling everywhere, people pretending, deceiving, hiding, fabricating, manufacturing -- all in an effort to manipulate and hijack the perception of individuals or groups or society as a whole. Now going so far as to say the dreaded regulators are coming for me.
                          Yea, as if.
                          Please go see a psychiatrist and learn why you think and behave the way you do.
                          We all know "don't feed the trolls." Here's why that's smart and compassionate.
                          If you want to keep it simple, just remember that "haters gonna hate, and trolls gonna troll," and there's nothing you can do about it except starve them.https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.ad886e0d8ae5
                          Last edited by OutsideTheBoxHK; 02-10-2019, 02:23 AM.

Comment

• Isn't the truth good enough for you? if not, why not?
                            Potentially your psychiatrist visit could be a panacea / goldmine for you. Mine your gold.

For traders -- it's called NeuroFinance.
                            Neurofinance is an emerging field of research which aims at improving the micro foundation of financial decisions, through the exploitation of an interdisciplinary approach that merges economics, neuroscience and psychology. Neurofinance is a very young discipline. It tries to relate the brain processes to the investment behaviour. Most of the research in the domain of neurofinance focus on trading behaviour. It would be interesting to explore the workings of the brain for other investment behaviours too like personal financial planning decisions, etc.

What is going to be positive for your trading psychology?
                            If you want to keep it simple and focused, growing stronger as they die a little more each day.......
                            I have learned much about official psychiatric definitions in the past 4 years of highly contested, high conflict, abnormally brutal divorce involving my 4 kids, and have watched 1000's of hours of psychology videos and forensic criminology videos ---What nearly killed me has made me stronger and more knowledgeable and more skilled at money printing.
                            Last edited by OutsideTheBoxHK; 02-10-2019, 02:22 AM.

Comment

• I don't know what the need is for these esseys you two are writing here but feel free to continue. It's interesting though that the one very simple question directly related to potential repeat subscribers remains ignored and unanswered.

As it turns out I am not worthy of an answer for some reason. How hard can it be to just say "sorry pal, no special offer even though I was thinking of one". I don't want one, I don't expect one but forgive me for asking if there is one! I did not come up with the idea of one. You did! Hence the question.

You haven't got the faintest idea how to communicate with subscribers (potential nor existing or former). That's just a simple fact. It's not that I hate you because I don't. You're just a guy I interacted with in the past. But it's still a fact and I advise you to do something about it.

You're in the business of managing other people's money. So it stands to reason that you need investors of one kind or another. Without them you're nothing. With them you're managing potentially large amount of money. So why, in the name of everything holly, you chose to ignore this question is beyond my understanding.

Whether you want to admit it or not you ****ed up and blew an account. It has nothing to do with people that were or were not invested so leave them out of this mess for a minute. It was not your intention to blow an account surely but you blew it anyway. Your mistake period. It's forex so it was not unthinkable especially given the nature of said account. Nobody should hate you for this as long as the description was accurate (that's the part that is debatable but I won't go into that because it's not the topic of my writing).

Now tell me what a good enterpreneur would do in a situation like this! It's unlikely he would just stop because he has a plan and he'll do whatever it takes to reach it. That's one thing and you'll do exactly the same. But he would also be thinking of his customers that were affected by his mistake. He would like to keep them if at all possible because he knows that (1) he needs customers and (2) unhappy customers can do a lot of unnecessary damage. So he would probably reach out to them and offer a solution to perhaps ease their pain a little and make them feel like they're in this together and they matter to him. It doesn't even need to be a lot.

You really have a hard time with this last part and failed completely. You're fighting with people that you don't need to and at the same time do nothing for those that you'd really have to as an enterpreneur. Perhaps you even tried with mentioning some sort of special offer for those affected but then you just kept ignoring questions about it. And on top of it apparently you even increased the price of the signal that just blew people's accounts. That's mismanagement if there ever was one!

I know you can't handle criticism so you're probably even start reading this with this fixed idea in your head that I wish bad for you and that I hate you and that some more philosophical writing from your part is in order. It's not. I don't hate you, I wish you well with or without me as a customer but boy do you need to brush on your PR skills! Or better still, find somebody to handle it for you.

Comment

• Hi primi

"These mountains you're carrying, you were only meant to climb"

One high risk strategy is closed after 11 months of good profits.
                                One new high risk strategy is now open on SimpleTrader, Darwinex (currently migrating) -- already available on MQL5, HotForex Copy and Signalstart. 8 months track record (Zero Spread high risk)
                                One 2nd new ultra high risk strategy is now open on HotForex Copy. 126% profit in one week. (OTB Scalping 1)
                                One 3rd new ultra high risk strategy is now open on HotForex Copy. Has hit new equity high water mark since January drawdown, profits hitting highs. (OTB Ichimoku Scalping 2)
                                One new medium risk strategy is now on SimpleTrader, Darwinex (currently migrating) -- already available on MQL5 and SignalStart. 18 months track record (OTB medium risk)

This year I am gradually moving into more private management and trade copying only for those who would like to continue.
                                I read all that is written on every forum in which I participate.
                                As I said, though, beginning this month, I will no longer respond to direct messages, personal communication, or forum criticism. This is due to protecting what I have built, my productivity in trading and my own sanity. Whatever type of management I will do in the future will not necessitate direct communication with clients.
                                My investors in my funds at Darwinex, Mt Cook, HotForex Copy, and Axiselect/PsyQuation require ZERO input verbally or in writing. This is my plan and always has been my goal. I have been open, communicative, and hard working for the past 2 years, and many have acknowledged that.

My signal descriptions clearly state(d) the risks involved and subscribers accept the said risks. By law there is no recourse as you claim. Anyone purchasing the signal has the right to close any position manually if they feel uncomfortable with the trade being taken. There are many protections a trader has when transmitting via signal and not managing accounts. I have every right to charge for the services, win or lose.

The best way I can serve trade copying clients is tell them the truth.
                                Know and accept the risk and responsibilities first. Then take profits all the way. Use risk capital you can lose without huge turmoil in your life. Never give up.
                                Last edited by OutsideTheBoxHK; 02-11-2019, 06:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X