Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OutsideTheBoxHK View Post

Performance speaks for itself.

As I have always done, I execute my strategy over and over and over again -- blocking out all dissenting voices. If you were confident in your "calls" you would be trading for yourself - sitting at the screens 15 hours a day like I do.
    It was (and is) a legitimate question from a concerned customer. I don't care for your past performance much at this point, what interests me is what I get going forward. And what I got recently was a blown account (after being subscribed for not even 2 months) and another one instantly at 40% DD going relatively heavy into NFP which could have easily ended up about the same.

I don't have to trade for myself to be concerned about something.

Comment

• These questions can be answered by doing the work yourself. Look at my style of trading, my description, my history.
      I don't use stop losses - only when near max drawdown.
      I don't deviate from my original trade set up / conviction.
      And I no longer waste time responding to public questions that are framed / worded more like criticisms and judgment - as I am more sane and at peace now.
      which is key to "the zone" for traders.

Comment

• I've done the homework myself, that's why I was asking what's being done differently now. Today a 200 pip move up on USDJPY would have wiped us out. USDJPY can move that much in a day given a bit of a push from NFP or for no sane reason at all. Last time you handled it poorly which resulted in a loss of account. I asked why this time it wouldn't. It's a very neutral worded question. Judgement or criticism would have sounded a lot different.

Comment

• You still are invested. Full stop.
          You are in and trust, or you are out and move on.
          I do not hold hands for less than $200 an hour. I know this sounds harsh, but it's where I am at now, and if you had sit in a chair for 15 x 6 x 600 hours (since finally developing a system with edge) and 10 more years part time devising it, then you too would understand why I am only concerned with my system and my ability to trade well -- unfortunately this does not include lengthly hand holding.
          All those who I love have abandoned me because of the financial stress I could not get out of for my family while it was still not too late. Now I have more than enough power to generate wealth -- and all are gone. You will not sway me so please only ask questions that you really don't know the answers to and that you haven't looked for yourself to find. And even then, please pose questions privately, this public "pressure" that "innocent" investors introduce is not something I am willing to endure any longer.
          Last edited by OutsideTheBoxHK; 03-08-2019, 07:24 PM.

Comment

• It would help if you had an email that would be known. I don't see any anywhere. Because forexsignals private messaging framework is crap. If you don't want one out in public you can send it to me via PM when you get around to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by OutsideTheBoxHK View Post
              You still are invested. Full stop.
              You are in and trust, or you are out and move on.
              I do not hold hands for less than $200 an hour. I know this sounds harsh, but it's where I am at now, and if you had sit in a chair for 15 x 6 x 600 hours (since finally developing a system with edge) and 10 more years part time devising it, then you too would understand why I am only concerned with my system and my ability to trade well -- unfortunately this does not include lengthly hand holding.
              All those who I love have abandoned me because of the financial stress I could not get out of for my family while it was still not too late. Now I have more than enough power to generate wealth -- and all are gone. You will not sway me so please only ask questions that you really don't know the answers to and that you haven't looked for yourself to find. And even then, please pose questions privately, this public "pressure" that "innocent" investors introduce is not something I am willing to endure any longer.
              Some advice for you Greg, stay off the forums dude, some of your posts come across like someone who is struggling with various personal issues, and virtually on the edge of cracking. I mean this in the nicest possible way, rather communicate with your investors via DM's. This public discourse really does not benefit you personally or your business.

Take care.

Comment

• Originally posted by primi View Post
                It would help if you had an email that would be known. I don't see any anywhere. Because forexsignals private messaging framework is crap. If you don't want one out in public you can send it to me via PM when you get around to it.
                1. I don't give out my email, but if you're clever you can find it online. Otherwise, write PM here, Donna Forex PM, LinkedIn PM, Twitter PM, MQL5 PM, SimpleTrader PM.
                2. Drcdp Honestly dude I don't need your advice, and actually why do you think I even want it? I am who I am and that's good enough for me and for others. If you read all my messages they present a whole picture of who I am, both good and bad, and guess what? It's good enough to result in the 25 months of profits I have already generated and will continue to generate in exactly the way I wish to generate them. That's freedom. That's why I paid such a high price to get this ATM machine. I cannot be sabotaged by my ex-father-in-law who has called previous employers of mine, I cannot be "fired" for dubious reasons by self-seeking employers, and I get to make my schedule and determine how I want to execute my business. Anyone who really knows how traders live will know that this is par for the course, and I want to live openly and honestly, and in a way where we can share in the rewards that my style generates.

Comment

• How do you beat trolls at their intentional sabotage?
                  How do you focus on what you do best in a trading business and yet still point out how miserable and manipulative and secretive many clients are when they don't get what they want in the time they want?
                  How do you continue to service clients online when there are those out there who have a vendetta against you?

I don't know what your definition of arrogant is, but it's a futile endeavour when the primary agenda is to vilify a trader who has lost some clients some money.
                  This is the truth. If you had all made money every single month in the exact timing you wanted with very little drawdown, then we wouldn't be having this conversation.
                  Accept your responsibility as a trade copier and we also would not be having this conversation on this thread.
                  The accounts that were blown were high risk and achieved stellar returns for 11 months, providing ample opportunity to withdraw profits equivalent to your original investment.
                  The accounts described the risks and the responsibilities of both trader and investor.

The other clients for the low risk, medium risk, and high risk 2 accounts don't bother writing here because:
                  1. The equity curve / return is above average for my strategies (over time)
                  2. It is best to remain invested to profit on a 12 month timeframe, instead of knit-picking during periods of drawdown, causing a ruckus, saying inaccurate things, and drawing attention to inconsequential matters instead of the larger/longer picture of total profits possible over a longer time period. (Like me saving $50,000 in the last 9 months)
                  3. They are happy with the returns and have other more important uses of their time to consider and to manage
                  4. They understand my style, the risks, the returns, and what they also must do for us to have overall success
                  5. They understand that Forex is a marathon not a sprint
                  6. They understand that OTB has done many cool things for people who show respect to him
                  7. They understand that OTB is growing in skill to service those who are worth it, and ignore those who are a drag

Last edited by OutsideTheBoxHK; 03-09-2019, 01:12 PM.

Comment

• I have always thought the purpose of a Forum is to foster the sharing of knowledge. Forex Forums are useful as a way to enlighten others about your experiences, observations, results and opinions of strategies, traders, ways of investing and to have conversations about them. As part of this most Forums allow vendors to participate and explain their wares. This is a privilege granted to vendors and it should not be abused.

Greg is treating the various Forex forums almost solely as a means of free advertising. It seems that he has forgotten why these forums exist! They are NOT just for the benefit of vendors. He has also become more and more arrogant and dictatorial in his posts. He acts as if any questioning or comments of his strategies or performance should not be allowed. He acts too good to have to respond regardless how delicately the posts are presented.

The Forums have been a vehicle for him to build his business and make a lot of money. Now he can't be bothered having conversations in them but only seems to want to post his results. I don't think that is what a Forex Forum should be for!

Cheers,
                    Rod
                    Last edited by nwboater; 03-09-2019, 03:17 PM.

Comment

• RenkoGuy FX Viper ( https://www.forexsignals.com/forum/f...cussion-thread ) made a lot of money for a lot of people. Especially if they followed sound principles of investment as trade copiers. He now runs a Ltd company trading business from Bahamas. Not bad if you ask me. He wrote over 1300 messages on this forum and he too was driven batty by "investors" of all sorts with all different goals who believed he should be available online for their criticisms, questions, and comments. There is only so much that one person can do and still maintain the necessary focus on what really drives profitability of a designed strategy.
                      it's very interesting how the whole FX Viper discussion thread progressed over time. Many of the same concepts were discussed there, and I studied his trading history with keen interest in early 2017 with the goal of avoiding the pitfalls he eventually encountered.

nwboater Your sarcasm is not prductive to this forum. Yes one purpose of an FX investment forum is to share knowledge about trading. There are many other reasons for both investors and strategy providers to contribute to this and other alternative investment forums. I have a long history of contributing to the Donna Forex forum, this forum, and the Darwinex forum. And a big percentage of the experience, information, and skill I have explained was done without compensation. It is free. A harmonious balance is important for the interests between investors and traders to be aligned. This has been my goal and still is my goal.

As I have said before, for these interests to be brought into alignment:
                      1. There should be equal openness with goals, exposure to risk, and identity. I have made these publicly available, and to respond with full confidence and faith I require the same out of any investor who posts on a public forum about the data from my strategies that I have made available without cost to the general public.
                      2. both parties show equal amounts of good faith, online decency, and community mindedness.
                      3. parties must both have "skin in the game"
                      Last edited by OutsideTheBoxHK; 03-09-2019, 10:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RenkoGuy
                        Wel i can tell you that Viper ego was so big he could not take a loss. I found him a very poor trader.
                        I never understood why so many people followed him, scalping for a average of 7 pips dont impress me at all.

The video's on You Tube with Viper are pathetic, 6 monitors 1 tablet 1 Iphone live squawk forex news
                        the clown was trading only 1 pair EURUSD

PS
                        The Bahamas ? Is he on the run for some investors ?
                        Many of us here made some good money from him until his strategy no longer worked very well. However if I had known then what I know now I would not have followed him. Trading without a stop loss is now frightening to me! Holding losing trades for months in the HOPE that things will turn also doesn't sit well with me. And I agree his ego certainly did get out of control.

Cheers,
                        Rod

Comment

• Viper was a scam and smart , after he earned 1million from Nick he fled because he knew his strategy would not work in the longrun He knew he could not see the trend changes properly but hold onto trades and pray

Comment

• Medium Risk Strategy on Darwinex -- BUC

Medium Risk-- Trade Copying on MQL5

Medium Risk-- Reviews on MQL5

> @irisheffey -- https://www.mql5.com/en/users/irisheffey
                            2019.01.30 02:30 (modified 2019.01.30 05:52)

I had been following Greg and his accounts for 12 months prior to subscribing. I emailed Greg during that period prior to subscription to ask him bout his trading system. He was quick and thorough in his reply.
                            His system, has periods of heavy drawdown. This is part of the game in an average down system. He is currently primarily trading the AUDUSD pair as fundamentally, the Aussie is being weakened against the USD creating a prolonged downtrend. Greg then executes his system as opportunities occur on the charts. This indicates knows the risk and benefits of this type of system and only applies it to the best opportunities.
                            Greg is a highly professional and dedicated trader. I am very pleased with his services to date. To date, of all the signals I have subscribed to, Gregs signals are by far the most profitable. I have had two accounts subscribed to his signals continuously for 6 months now and I am happy to report one is over 50% ahead while the other is over 100% ahead.
                            I recommend this service if you are happy to accept higher drawdowns in return for higher profit.
                            mediumriskReviews.JPG

Comment

• If I may chime in here... I think its time to say you should can these high risk and ultra high risk ventures. I think it seduces the wrong people and people then expect the impossible which is for you to have perfect trading results each month. I think this would solve most of your issues.

As for other accounts, I think letting people know what your thoughts are on the pairs you are trading and about how much more drawdown if any you are expecting on your current open trades would suffice. I talk with quite a few people here and most dont say anything but do support you and your trading. A very good friend of mine that has been subscribed to you for quite a long time got somewhat concerned when the drawdown went back into his principal eatting months of profit. This is at regular settings on ST. I think your strategy does very well in pairs like AUD/USD but I believe exotics and JPY pairs have way too much movement and leave your clients with too much exposure.

The other side here comes from the perception of low risk that is advertised with your signal. While the previous months drawdown has been low, I think the recent jump in drawdown has just caused a stir because people are unsure what exactly to expect. Do they expect drawdown under 10% as you said previously you found unacceptable or what is in your history? I think that part is a bit confusing along with the statements of "my drawdown has gotten progressively lower". It leads people to believe that the lower drawdowns that were seen for many straight months is the norm.

In any case, I do agree that the trolls deserve no answers if indeed they are true trolls.

Comment

• NextGen4FX
                                I am keeping my forum posts to a minimum, responding only to accurate, respectful posts.
                                I will keep tweaking the Ultra High Risk and High Risk, as at least the former is doing well. Ultra high risk is a bit of a Ferrari to drive I will admit.
                                But the high risk accounts have made good returns if you take a longer perspective.
                                As for drawdown, I have already set a max drawdown in the description, but yes I do try to keep it under 10% open drawdown.
                                The most recent low risk drawdown topped out at 11% equity open drawdown, but this does not take into consideration that last month I had 7.53% booked profit and this month of March I already have 3.73% book profit. So when these booked trades are added into the open drawdown mix intra-month, really the highest overall drawdown from high water mark has been 5 to 7%. Very acceptable and manageable when you consider my average monthly profit on the low, medium and high risk accounts over 18 to 25 months of good track record.

Comment

Working...
                                X