No announcement yet.

Outside the Box -- Signal and Mt Cook PAMM fund

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• at least I am genuine and I say things as they are.
    I have a very good idea when people have ulterior motives and/or sarcastic remarks. I don't have time for it anymore. Neither would you if you had fought thru the gobs of deception, rudeness, and trial and error that I have done.
    people know how I trade, the strategies I have created, and how I manage them if they read the forums and my descriptions.
    So there is no need to come on a public forum to ask these sorts of "questions". They aren't questions.
    If they were genuine questions, as many others have done, you contact me via email, private message personally.

Comment

• Originally posted by OutsideTheBoxHK View Post

When I named it that - yes- it had 4% DD.
      Now it doesn't.
      With single month profit over 100% can you really complain?
      Honestly dude, do something as profitable as I am doing and you won't find it so interesting to critique other awesome traders.
      Have you looked at all my strategies?
      Have you seen the great performance?
      Yea. I don't need your good luck wishes mate.
      Please understand from someone who is on the sidelines. Not many people would follow your new systems from day one. If we did then sure we would still be at profit. However, the realistic situation is someone follows you then experiences a huge drawdown. Since a lot of your strategy descriptions say low drawdown, stay within this amount of drawdown, Equity protection at x amount and so on, then all these descriptions are thrown out the window when you fail to follow them.

Yes I have seen your strategies and the performance is awesome dude. But the risk is also very high and deciding when to join the rocket ship is a hard choice.

Comment

• You know what, tell me what the words "equity protection" really mean anyway.
        I could have a 30% rescue level and all these Max Drawdown guarantees that investors seemingly wants.... but then what?
        You suffer a 30% DD on a higher risk / aggressive strategy and then you STILL have to pick your next entry / position size in the market.... so ..... that means this trader (to stay within his parameters CANNOT have ANY drawdown at all. You can be cautious and overly anal about all these rules, but the reason I gave up really caring that much is because this just really isn't the way trading goes. Once again, I give guidelines, and most of the people who end up investing regularly / longterm under my management know that there is NO WAY to know when to invest / add more capital. Some pick the right moment, others don't.
        The main factor in your control is to pick a good trader, who knows his shit, works hard, responds to genuine msgs, and who is resilient over the long haul.
        Some smart investors just check the investment / proportional trade copying once a week and decide once a month whether or not to add capital or take some profits off the table.
        All this micro-managing, being too involved with the trader is counter-productive unless your end goal is to trade your money for yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by mmaker
          Why does anyone even bother with this guy? Its a known fact that he is full of crap, never sticks to what he says and blows up an account every couple of months. An unreliable amateur pretending to be a pro. The sad thing is that he really believes what he says. Full on dellusion. Just another one in a long line of fraudsters on this site.
          Historically the accounts that have blown are the ones taking massive risk, 3-4 times his normal trading. I'm yet to see an account he's traded a 1x risk do anything but make money. IMHO he's a good trader who has made money. I honestly can't see what you're talking about.

Comment

• Originally posted by saint023 View Post

Historically the accounts that have blown are the ones taking massive risk, 3-4 times his normal trading. I'm yet to see an account he's traded a 1x risk do anything but make money. IMHO he's a good trader who has made money. I honestly can't see what you're talking about.
            You mean like this, on his regular "low risk" trading account? 40% DD and counting?
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.
            Last edited by reaper_unique; 06-20-2019, 11:06 AM.

Comment

• Ah, I think you're in the wrong forum. This forum is for the Outside the Box signal and trader. You've posted information for SFE Price Action by ccjhuang. That's a different trader and forum.

Comment

• P Screen Shot 2019-06-20 at 9.47.36 PM.png

Comment

• The above image is this account - https://www.signalstart.com/analysis/outside-box/27899 , This is the master account. If you look at the link today, the Equity (blue line) looks all good, fine and dandy. The truth is he hit a new Equity Low 42% drawdown.

Here is another example of SignalStart not recording the Equity Lows within the graph ( they sure make it look pretty these days.)
                  https://www.signalstart.com/analysis...drawdown/56533
                  • Balance:$4,634.49
                  • Equity27.30%) $1,265.43
                  • Floating PL:-$3,369.06
                  Last edited by HedgeBitcoin; 06-21-2019, 06:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by saint023 View Post
                    Ah, I think you're in the wrong forum. This forum is for the Outside the Box signal and trader. You've posted information for SFE Price Action by ccjhuang. That's a different trader and forum.
                    He's at a 369% Positive equity.If you need a picture, Let me know

Comment

• 11.5% booked profit this month
                      and current manageable drawdown at 1x risk is 30%
                      So NET drawdown for month is 18.5%.
                      This happens from time to time, but I have suffered worse periods of drawdown and the strategy pulls out with mean reversion and scalping frequency increased during DD period. I will respond to constructive discussion.

Comment

• Originally posted by RenkoGuy
                        Pure martingale.
                        .martingale
                        /ˈmɑːtɪŋɡeɪl/
                        a gambling system of continually doubling the stakes in the hope of an eventual win that must yield a net profit.

wrong.
                        grid lite. with entries and exits determined by probability. time based. multiple indicators.
                        look at the long track record carefully. 2nd, 3rd, 4th averaging in "secondary" trades are LESS than the first CORE trade.
                        see Kelly Investment Criterion for more info.
                        The position weighting (or true exposure) also multiplies Lot Size X time open --- to determine true weighting for risk open.
                        Last edited by OutsideTheBoxHK; 06-24-2019, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Your signal information

Learn more about Outside the Box NEW

-- Target Maximum drawdown of 15% from High Water Mark
                          -- Max Exposure of 1 lot per $10,000 balance.
                          -- Scale in and Scale out of positions with a basket of trades when the setup is favorable.

You broke all your rules.
                          yes thanks.
                          TARGET.
                          And High Water Mark is in equity terms -- not balance. As I said in my previous post --- 18.5% NET drawdown intra-month. I am targeting lower, but close. moving on and grinding out of drawdown and capturing excellent profit in 3 month, 6 month, and 1 year returns. ZOOM OUT and pls save us from being so day to day overly analytical. It is copying. You copy what I do. I have said numerous times (all the while recovering from more than 10 drawdowns -- where subscribers have claimed "the sky is falling" over and over) I give guidelines.
                          Copy appropriately -- and let me trade. That is my job. Your job is to invest an amount you can lose, set a risk multiplier according to your risk appetite, and withdraw profits regularly.

Comment

• Originally posted by OutsideTheBoxHK View Post

yes thanks.
                            TARGET.
                            And High Water Mark is in equity terms -- not balance. As I said in my previous post --- 18.5% NET drawdown intra-month. I am targeting lower, but close. moving on and grinding out of drawdown and capturing excellent profit in 3 month, 6 month, and 1 year returns. ZOOM OUT and pls save us from being so day to day overly analytical. It is copying. You copy what I do. I have said numerous times (all the while recovering from more than 10 drawdowns -- where subscribers have claimed "the sky is falling" over and over) I give guidelines.
                            Copy appropriately -- and let me trade. That is my job. Your job is to invest an amount you can lose, set a risk multiplier according to your risk appetite, and withdraw profits regularly.
                            Have you considered trading at a brokerage with capped leverage of 20 or 30x? I see that you don't want to use stoplosses or equity protection. By using a brokerage with capped leverage your positions will be liquidated automatically and you'll still have margin left over to start trading again.

Comment

Its 50 % when do you close ?
                              Probably never. On what account did you see those martingale lot sizes and how did you see these trades? OTB has already begun deleting his blown accounts from SignalStart. Hopefully he keeps them intact on Myfxbook

Comment

• Originally posted by HedgeBitcoin View Post

Have you considered trading at a brokerage with capped leverage of 20 or 30x? I see that you don't want to use stoplosses or equity protection. By using a brokerage with capped leverage your positions will be liquidated automatically and you'll still have margin left over to start trading again.
                                Darwinex 30:1 leverage account looks a lot better than all the other accounts with 200x +

However, I see another Darwinex Account still floating a 60% loss after being margincalled.

Comment

Working...
                                X