No announcement yet.

Outside the Box -- Signal and Mt Cook PAMM fund

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will explain soon but want to reflect and administer first aid to this situation.
    I closed out all trades to preserve what remains of capital so that I can launch a recovery effort after taking a break and reflecting. I want to continue trade copying and fund management with those who still trust me and who want to see that I can and will make changes and keep working like I have done over the last 2.5 years

I try to be resilient, not give up when I have had set backs, and keep coming back when I make mistakes. I have spoken to many key trading people already and this time was largely due to having my best month ever and then after getting a huge whale client another HNWI was monitoring my trading style and "possibly" going to invest for the long term and give me the stability that I have sought for so long.
    Bigger capital so I don't have to take more risk to earn enough to do this full time. Capital that stays invested for a long set period without putting pressure on me along the way. Focusing only on staying emotionally and mentally well and only trading and studying the markets instead of reading cruel remarks on forums. I take all criticism very seriously and my 3 year run has come at a huge physical expense.
    People here do not care to encapsulate the whole journey and represent my whole trading history.
    I have made so many valiant recoveries and it has taken so much work and strength. And this is the positive outlook I still have. Comments here I understand but I am in the same boat as you and if we are going to succeed then we must work harmoniously to root out the errors and do it with a positive vibe.

I will be posting a summary soon that explains what happened, what I have learned and achieved in the 2.5 years since starting this strategy, my offers to those who have suffered in this most recent DD, and my plans with the Mt Cook management going forward.
    I will work to help precious investors reclaim their losses at no charge basically. Til your high water mark is reclaimed.
    I do have integrity, a work ethic, honesty, and skill and I'm pausing to make adjustments this weekend and after G20 I will prove that I am not a quitter, and I can learn from this harsh lesson, make necessary adjustments and hard coded monthly DD backstops, etc

Those who have judged me as arrogant, uncaring, or unskilled hopefully will re-assess once I make my strategy better and return even stronger and more willing to collaborate with those who have trusted me.

The strategy just needs a hard stop each month at 15% if that is reached, when reversals to the trend or long corrections occur, a tighter risk management, but I know the growth part of the strategy is very good. Just need to cover the downside better even when it might impede some of the growth potential. 2.5 years running it is very good, and as I have taught investors to do I have withdrawn profits from the 3 main strategies along the way so I still have about half my profits to start over with.

I will write this weekend with an indepth plan, description of chronology of this drawdown, and my pledge that still stands with investors who want to collaborate on the recovery stage.
    Last edited by OutsideTheBoxHK; 06-27-2019, 05:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by OutsideTheBoxHK View Post
      The strategy just needs a hard stop each month at 15% if that is reached, when reversals to the trend or long corrections occur, a tighter risk management, but I know the growth part of the strategy is very good. Just need to cover the downside better even when it might impede some of the growth potential. 2.5 years running it is very good, and as I have taught investors to do I have withdrawn profits from the 3 main strategies along the way so I still have about half my profits to start over with.

I will write this weekend with an indepth plan, description of chronology of this drawdown, and my pledge that still stands with investors who want to collaborate on the recovery stage.
      Markets are not really moving much recently, but they used to and I've been around long enough to have experienced it.

This tiny little move on NZDUSD marked in black on the right wiped you out clean. Then how do you expect to sustain moves like the blue ones? It will take more than just a hard stop somewhere. And crazy lot sizes like you used when already in huge DD are most certainly a very very bad idea!
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I will explain soon but want to reflect and administer first aid to this situation.
        I closed out all trades to preserve what remains of capital so that I can launch a recovery effort after taking a break and reflecting. I want to continue trade copying and fund management with those who still trust me and who want to see that I can and will make changes and keep working like I have done over the last 2.5 years
        My question first of all would be "Why on earth would you enter any contest with any account with investor capital attached?" My next question would be "Why on earth would you not just stick to your nice low risk 10% drawdown you did so well with?" Going after all of these high returns brings the wrong crowds and look.. All these SPs and former SPs that have blown accounts in here laughing because you showed them they were right. Again and always Im not being critical only honest. Why not just make a safe trade plan and stick to it? Stick to the people that follow you BECAUSE YOUR CAPABLE! Not because they want a laugh when they know your going to make a mistake... Dont do something just because there is quick money behind it. Do something because you know it will get you somewhere and do good for the people that really put faith in your abilities. I really do hope if you are given another chance this does not repeat itself and I hope the people that got hurt (The one I know of lost 30%) get taken care of.

Comment

• Originally posted by NextGen4FX View Post

My question first of all would be "Why on earth would you enter any contest with any account with investor capital attached?" My next question would be "Why on earth would you not just stick to your nice low risk 10% drawdown you did so well with?" Going after all of these high returns brings the wrong crowds and look.. All these SPs and former SPs that have blown accounts in here laughing because you showed them they were right. Again and always Im not being critical only honest. Why not just make a safe trade plan and stick to it? Stick to the people that follow you BECAUSE YOUR CAPABLE! Not because they want a laugh when they know your going to make a mistake... Dont do something just because there is quick money behind it. Do something because you know it will get you somewhere and do good for the people that really put faith in your abilities. I really do hope if you are given another chance this does not repeat itself and I hope the people that got hurt (The one I know of lost 30%) get taken care of.
          Yes there are reasons behind what happened and all you say is true.
          I had a temporary disconnect with these realities due to some pressures that had been placed on me by some new potential HNWI, due to having the best month I have ever had in May and making huge performance fees finally, by being overwhelmed by trading too many accounts on too many platforms, by not having a human Risk Manager help me think thru things when I got to my threshholds, by spending 14 to 16 hours a day by myself on a remote island with no normal social interaction, by dealing with health issues related to sitting and working for prolonged period, and by being frightened that the career I had so meticulously built up slowly would come crashing down and that all the hungry trolls would come out and make sure that I can't recover in a responsible way.
          For now I will leave it at that, as I have many people looking for answers, and I am committed to honoring their trust and to the path of recovery.
          I am not hiding, I am just working methodically on what needs to happen, and part of that is beginning some fresh track records on Myfxbook.
          I will not hide my past successes and errors when I show people in the future that I can continue living by my values of "never giving up and coming back stronger" with additional safeguards in place.
          I hope everyone gets answers both here and at Donna Forex, and once I've completed my tasks, then I will always advertise new strategies as Outside the Box 2.0 or something like that just so people can keep tabs on me.

Comment

I had a temporary disconnect with these realities due to some pressures that had been placed on me by some new potential HNWI, due to having the best month I have ever had in May and making huge performance fees finally, by being overwhelmed by trading too many accounts on too many platforms, by not having a human Risk Manager help me think thru things when I got to my threshholds, by spending 14 to 16 hours a day by myself on a remote island with no normal social interaction, by dealing with health issues related to sitting and working for prolonged period, and by being frightened that the career I had so meticulously built up slowly would come crashing down and that all the hungry trolls would come out and make sure that I can't recover in a responsible way.
            For now I will leave it at that, as I have many people looking for answers, and I am committed to honoring their trust and to the path of recovery.
            I am not hiding, I am just working methodically on what needs to happen, and part of that is beginning some fresh track records on Myfxbook.
            I will not hide my past successes and errors when I show people in the future that I can continue living by my values of "never giving up and coming back stronger" with additional safeguards in place.
            I hope everyone gets answers both here and at Donna Forex, and once I've completed my tasks, then I will always advertise new strategies as Outside the Box 2.0 or something like that just so people can keep tabs on me.
            That got you where? Nowhere but on the ground looking up at all the people that said you were going to blow up. Sometimes you do need to take the help when its offered and I will say that each platform has its positives and negatives as in any of course. The main thing you have to realize is the people that backed you up and the people that subscribed to you even when you made 5%.

You do have talent but your putting them to use the wrong way and in return its giving you a bad name. You dont need a 2.0 or a 2.5a to be a good trader. Just do the job, get it done right and goto sleep whenever possible. These forums should not be your job and its not bad that you read them but you need to realize that your potential is exactly as I stated before. High risk high return is not your game as you already have too much stress on your plate. Stop trying to impress and start moving up.

How do you expect people to believe you and trust you again or in any other "safeguard" you come up with when you broke all of your own rules? My point is that you need to make things right with the people that trusted you in the first place here before you move onto 2.0... Thats the only way that trust is regained. Just dont make the same mistake ever.

You cant burn people and leave them holding the bag while you go and make new plans..
            Last edited by NextGen4FX; 06-28-2019, 12:33 AM.

Comment

• Recoveryfrom.JPG

Comment

• I am coming out with an update this weekend which will include a free subscription for 4 weeks for trade copying on my Low Risk simpletrader signal or remaining in my Mt Cook PAMM under High Water Mark rules which is good for those who were invested via this method because I will have to capture profit for them to bring them back to their previous high water mark without further payment until this level is surpassed. That's the advantage of paying performance fees and giving me motivation to continue pushing the equity curve upwards.

Basically I know I made mistakes.
                I own it.
                I am busy now creating "tighter" 12% monthly automatic cut off limit which is being managed by the broker Mt Cook team. That is really all I need to fix with this strategy and also not building up over 1 standard lot per $10,000 of total open exposure at any one time. All the rest here is emotional and just complaining, so that's fine if it helps you be more successful -- if it's just to complain and moan with no positive steps forward --- then it won't help anyone. I endorse other successful manual traders but there aren't many.
                Last edited by OutsideTheBoxHK; 07-01-2019, 02:01 AM.

Comment

• and that is exactly why I am successful.
                  I don't get phased by words such as yours. That have no intention of building something awesome and good.
                  Yes I hear you and your hurt and your criticism, but the other exaggerated words are just spiteful and will take you to Nowheresville.
                  My determination, my resilience, my eccentricity is why I excel in certain areas too.

I provided a good signal for 2.5 years and then it suffered a huge DD of 50%.
                  but does that mean that people did not take out huge profits along that journey? No.
                  does that mean it was all in vain like you are espousing with your devaluing words?
                  does that mean those who saw true value were foolish?
                  does that mean this can go nowhere good?
                  I will show you that I can recover people's losses, even if people do not choose to join me and my equity that remains.
                  we all knew the risks, we all knew the rewards, and now we each need to move forward with wisdom, belief, and happiness. No matter the setbacks in life.
                  Last edited by OutsideTheBoxHK; 06-28-2019, 05:18 AM.

Comment

• I own it.
                    I know the mistakes I made during a very difficult time in my life.
                    Things will be ok, only because I have built up a great amount of knowledge and strategies for recovery, and I am willing to work hard and give people a good recovery offer. I am not about to leave you high and dry without an epic battle. Don't believe the naysayers.

Foreigner - I Want To Know What Love Is
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCzaiu1MlTE

NEW free subscription for 3 months for trade copying on my Low Risk simpletrader signal for all clients -- to give time for both new and existing clients to see how I manage the recovery and stricter rules.
                    https://www.simpletrader.net/signal/10457/Outside-the-Box-NEW.html

or

clients in Mt Cook PAMM under High Water Mark -- those who were invested via this method have my services to bring them back to their previous high water mark without further payment until this level is surpassed.

I am creating a 12% monthly automatic cut off limit which is being managed by the broker Mt Cook team going forwards.
                    ​ 1 standard lot per $10,000 of total open exposure at any one time. If you don't see this disciplines being followed in the free period or if I'm not making profits, then you can then make other plans.
                    Last edited by OutsideTheBoxHK; 06-28-2019, 06:17 AM.

Comment

All blown accounts deleted from Myfxbook.
                      All Blown accounts removed from Signal Start
                      All blown accounts removed from SimpleTrader

Strategy Description:
                      mental stop loss will be activated after 100 to 120 pips.
                      Only on small positions will I rarely allow a loss over 125 pips. Never to exceed 8% loss on any single trade. Once drawdown from All time equity high over 10% or one trade reaches 5% loss I will hedge or scale out.
                      If drawdown from equity high surpasses 20%, position sizing will decrease until a recovery is well underway. Maximum drawdown is 25-30%. This risk management allows my volume/position sizing to be maxmised, and is determined by: hit rate, average win, average loss, and what profit this strategy has generated over the 17 months since inception.
                      Total open exposure of all trades is maximum 1 lot per $10,000 master account balance. 400:1 leverage.

All Rules Broken

What accounts are left
                      27% Equity =https://www.signalstart.com/analysis/outside-box-low-drawdown/56533
                      17% Equity = https://www.myfxbook.com/members/Out...sive-1/3319122
                      - https://www.signalstart.com/analysis...essive-1/56532
                      36% Max Drawdown with 1.3% Monthly Gains = https://www.myfxbook.com/members/Out...ex-xux/3173289
                      32% Max Drawdown with -6% Monthly Gains = https://www.myfxbook.com/members/Out...ex-buc/3173282
                      64% Max Drawsown with 1.19% Monthly Gains = https://www.myfxbook.com/members/Out...t-cook/3319100
                      - https://www.signalstart.com/analysis/outside-box/27899

Originally posted by HedgeBitcoin View Post

You should probably post the meaningful stuff such as

1.) Outside-the-Box-High-Risk don't use stoploss
                      2.) Outside-the-Box-High-Risk add to losers
                      3.) Outside-the-Box-High-Risk will margin call eventually
                      4.) Outside-the-Box-High-Risk has no equity Protection
                      5.) Outside-the-Box-High-Risk Highest Drawdown on SImple trader of 57.72% is incorrect. It really is about 75% (http://www.signalstart.com/analysis/...h-return/33972)
                      6.) Outside-the-Box-High-Risk breaks rules, fails to post true descriptions and misleads clients.
                      Even if you add Equity Protection on the broker side, the outcome doesn't mean that you can make profits with your current strategy. I don't know how long it will take for you to understand this but there must be a point where you say " This isn't worth the Risk for the Reward".

Scrap the strategy, the ego, and start over on a demo account until you figure something out that works. The psychology of this burden will only make you want to gamble more until you are completely broke. Please close all your accounts, pool all the money together and live a humble life on your Island until you are ready to learn again.

Many members have tried to discuss the issues with your strategy but you always say the same comments over and over again. Now that you proven to the world that your strategy doesn't work, you should realize it too.

Comment

• Originally posted by HedgeBitcoin View Post
                        Even if you add Equity Protection on the broker side, the outcome doesn't mean that you can make profits with your current strategy. I don't know how long it will take for you to understand this but there must be a point where you say " This isn't worth the Risk for the Reward".

Scrap the strategy, the ego, and start over on a demo account until you figure something out that works. The psychology of this burden will only make you want to gamble more until you are completely broke. Please close all your accounts, pool all the money together and live a humble life on your Island until you are ready to learn again.

Many members have tried to discuss the issues with your strategy but you always say the same comments over and over again. Now that you proven to the world that your strategy doesn't work, you should realize it too.

I already said what I intend on doing and will do.
                        I did not remove all blown accounts from Signal Start yet - but myfxbook yes I did.
                        You also did not mention my 3 Darwinex systems in your list of systems still tracking.
                        And yes I intend on using that same Strategy Descripion and ACTUALLY keep to it. I messed up. I admitted it. I caved to pressure in that drawdown.
                        I don't know what else you want from me or for me to say. yes I don't keep my rules all the time (I actually believe that instinct and risk are not always so easily defined and bounded). This "looser" system worked / got lucky for quite a long time and I have earned many profits from the 3 strategies / levels of risk.
                        I am still in the game. And I am becoming wiser and more reserved / cautious as I recover from pitfall after pitfall.

I acknowledge all you say, and I intend to continue learning and continue developing and help those recover now who want it.
                        You spend a lot of time critiquing me and you did so like 1.5 to 2 years ago too. You were very silent for a long long time while I stuffed away profits for myself and for investors.
                        I wonder what you get out of all this, when you could be trading and doing profitable activities yourself. If you look at my overall track record it is obvious to all good traders that it is a good strategy at the core and it just needs to be tweaked. I remember when you blew up too like 3 years ago, so I guess you're just out to get your pound of flesh now, which I think is just a waste of time. But whatever, some of what you say makes sense, but your negative jargon does not dissuade me from doing the courageous thing.

Anyway I am not here to fight. I am here to honestly just put up the numbers again, or people can just ignore me.
                        Last edited by OutsideTheBoxHK; 06-28-2019, 08:51 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RenkoGuy
                          You left ZuluTrade without telling what happened, you left all the investors with a horrible loss.
                          Zulu is a complete joke of a platform.
                          useless education.
                          useless pips focus.
                          useless performance ranking algo.
                          almost all Top 20 systems / traders on their leaderboard have investors who have lost money, and normally that isn't even due to the negative trading behavior of the traders themselves.
                          I already had the unrealised loss in open trades, I just chose to realise that loss. And keep the two strategies present on their platform that will play their pips game.

Comment

• As I have said, many posting here are previous SPs that have blown accounts with their own stupidity and have.NO ROOM TO TALK... Some are those SPs under false identities too. It is easy to tell from the language as it's the same exact thing posted previously. People here arent fools and in the end will draw their own conclusion if they choose to trust him or not.

Personally, if you cant maintain a 10% drawdown limit or lower, you shouldnt be trading. You should never need a broker to cut off trades as a safeguard to your own stupidity either.. You either set your trading rules and follow them or you dont. Simple as that. You were able to do that for months on end then this... The reason is that you dont analyze pairs very well sometimes and just hop right in. If a trade moves against your position within a day or two over 100 pips out, more than likely it may not return. Regardless what pair or what type of movement the market is caught in, it is the market and can breakout at any time. Trading in DOW certainly didnt help you much and I can see you probably did that for pip count and Zulutrade compensation. Again, stop trying to please everyone. No institution is going to change their compensation method around 1 trader. Symbols like DOW are very dangerous to trade with your methods. Exotics are not good for your method period... You need to know these things prior to employing your method on any chart. Stop trying to catch a speeding bullet and never try and catch a falling tree. Make sense?

Comment

• For example, NZD/USD you began selling at the bottom of the market. Why? You need to look at your higher time frames to see the overall picture before hopping in. NZD was not going to break support. At that point was more probable to rise. Just advice.

Comment

Zulu is a complete joke of a platform.
                                useless education.
                                useless pips focus.
                                useless performance ranking algo.
                                almost all Top 20 systems / traders on their leaderboard have investors who have lost money, and normally that isn't even due to the negative trading behavior of the traders themselves.
                                I already had the unrealised loss in open trades, I just chose to realise that loss. And keep the two strategies present on their platform that will play their pips game.
                                I agree on all parts about Zulutrade. However, you knew this before and you still decided to trade there to milk those uneducated investors. All you care about are your signal fees. You don't give a s*** about your investors. So now that you blew up at Zulutrade you just spit all of those investors in their face.

All this fake talk about how great you are is just to pretend confidence and knowledge and apparently, some people fell for this even when it was clear from the beginning that your trading doesn't have an edge. You were able to hide this fact with a lucky run and reckless risky grid trading for a while but if you will indeed apply a 12% drawdown cutoff (which I highly doubt) it will be very obvious pretty fast that you are just a marketer and not a trader.

Comment

Working...
                                X