Outside the Box -- Signal and Mt Cook PAMM fund

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by forexgeek View Post

I agree on all parts about Zulutrade. However, you knew this before and you still decided to trade there to milk those uneducated investors. All you care about are your signal fees. You don't give a s*** about your investors. So now that you blew up at Zulutrade you just spit all of those investors in their face.

All this fake talk about how great you are is just to pretend confidence and knowledge and apparently, some people fell for this even when it was clear from the beginning that your trading doesn't have an edge. You were able to hide this fact with a lucky run and reckless risky grid trading for a while but if you will indeed apply a 12% drawdown cutoff (which I highly doubt) it will be very obvious pretty fast that you are just a marketer and not a trader.
    From June 2018 to June 2019 on the OTB NEW system I kept drawdown under 10% and grew from $4000 equity to $11,000 equity.

Comment

• Originally posted by OutsideTheBoxHK View Post

I already said what I intend on doing and will do.
      I did not remove all blown accounts from Signal Start yet - but myfxbook yes I did.
      You also did not mention my 3 Darwinex systems in your list of systems still tracking.
      And yes I intend on using that same Strategy Descripion and ACTUALLY keep to it. I messed up. I admitted it. I caved to pressure in that drawdown.
      I don't know what else you want from me or for me to say. yes I don't keep my rules all the time (I actually believe that instinct and risk are not always so easily defined and bounded). This "looser" system worked / got lucky for quite a long time and I have earned many profits from the 3 strategies / levels of risk.
      I am still in the game. And I am becoming wiser and more reserved / cautious as I recover from pitfall after pitfall.

I acknowledge all you say, and I intend to continue learning and continue developing and help those recover now who want it.
      You spend a lot of time critiquing me and you did so like 1.5 to 2 years ago too. You were very silent for a long long time while I stuffed away profits for myself and for investors.
      I wonder what you get out of all this, when you could be trading and doing profitable activities yourself. If you look at my overall track record it is obvious to all good traders that it is a good strategy at the core and it just needs to be tweaked. I remember when you blew up too like 3 years ago, so I guess you're just out to get your pound of flesh now, which I think is just a waste of time. But whatever, some of what you say makes sense, but your negative jargon does not dissuade me from doing the courageous thing.

Anyway I am not here to fight. I am here to honestly just put up the numbers again, or people can just ignore me.
      I don't see how you are "STILL IN THE GAME" - Your accounts are toast. Track Record toast, reputation toast.
      Yes, I did the same as you over 2 years ago and you repeated the same reckless behavior as I did. Knowing that I failed using a very similar strategy why would you continue using it knowing that the outcome will always be the same. Luck can only last for so long before the inevitable crash which you have experienced over and over again. This week wasn't your first blown account. You have repeatedly deleted the blown accounts and keep shilling the same garbage. Move on, as I did. You career will rely on it.

I've scrapped many strategies through the last 10 years of trading. Once you take a step back and look at the core, the risk is not worth the reward. Until you can clearly accept that, you have no future in trading. Regarding my own trading, I've never stopped. However, everyone has to take a break to reassess their strategies and decide if that's what they want.

Nick had some great advice for me years ago. He basically said, "Why shoot for 10%-20% every month knowing you will eventually blow up when you can can do 2-3% each month and still have track record where millions of dollars will come your way." - Same goes for you. Just think about the end goal. What do you want to be known for?

Comment

• Originally posted by HedgeBitcoin View Post

I don't see how you are "STILL IN THE GAME" - Your accounts are toast. Track Record toast, reputation toast.

Nick had some great advice for me years ago. He basically said, "Why shoot for 10%-20% every month knowing you will eventually blow up when you can can do 2-3% each month and still have track record where millions of dollars will come your way." - Same goes for you. Just think about the end goal. What do you want to be known for?
        1. Nick wanted to hire me as a trader on his team. This says something.
        2. When one track record goes over a certain acceptable threshhold, tweak the strategy, and start again. This is life of an entrepreneur. Some of the most successful people in the world had to go thru many many failures and new beginnings before they mastered their trade.
        3. Reputation isn't toast to everyone. Many people are already contacting me privately, publicly, and IB's contacting me from London for bigger money, because they know just as you do that I could easily make 2-3% per month. That is simple, but I had to ramp up the risk, because I didn't have the necessary capital under management nor did I have enough capital to start with myself. And this month I just hit $500,000 which was a major mile marker for me. Most of the bigger, longer-term investors recognise my core skill at a lower risk level, and thus are not fickle, because they see long term potential. After last month's 21% with $500,000 under management I could have easily taken 2 weeks off, but I wanted to impress my 2nd whale investor which was the stress that led to my downfall. I won't make that mistake when I get the opportunity again. Even if it takes another 2 years.
        4. I'm not out because today I still had $200,000 under management and about $50,000 of my own capital remaining to make a fresh start with more caution and more experience. I spoke with Mt Cook management at length, and they know long term investors and IB's who would still like to market my trading.
        Last edited by OutsideTheBoxHK; 06-28-2019, 10:39 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mmaker

1. If Nick wanted to hire you that really says a lot. Every trader he has hired eventually failed. So yeah, his evaluating "skills" are as good as your trading "skills".
          2. Thats how it works with serious enterpreburs. You are not one of them. Serius people dont break every single rule and stick to the agreements they make. You did none of that. You can not make 2-3% per month. Just look at your past performance on MtCook PAMM. You are making 1.2% monthly on average with a 64% max DD. You are so dellusional you cant even admit to facts in front of you.
          3. 500k is actually a pathetic amount LOL. If one reads your posts they would think that you manage at least 5M. I guess there arent as many naive investors as I thought if you managed to attract only 500k with all your online presence. I actually cant believe thats all you were able to attract hahaha. Better stop talking because it makes you look like a complete moron when you are mentioning whale investors but you only have 500k AUM. A whale investor is a relative term but its definitely someone who has at least 1M invested. 100k or 200k is definitely not a whale. Ridiculous statements coming from you.
          4. Offer IBs to to pay them performance fees and you will see how many will be interested in marketing. They are in it only for mark ups and rebates, not for your amazing trading "skills".

A complete amateur and I am insulting amateur traders by calling you that.
          Before this loss, I had over 4% average monthly profit. This loss takes the average way down, yes, but standard statistics classes will teach you that you "throw out" the outliers in a sample of data, as they do not represent the mean performance or data point in the population data of my trading performance. This DD was an outlier. If I can find a way to eliminate the possibility of these large losses (up to this point there have been about 3 in 3 years) then the strategy is sound and has an edge.

Throw into the mix that I am willing to continue learning from others and from my mistakes, this is staying positive, which is what all investors in Forex need to do. Continue coming back stronger and wiser. Anyway you guys are set in your rude remarks, devaluing and degrading comments, and in the way you communicate in general. I wonder if this is how you carry yourselves in your every day lives... sorry I don't really want to be around people like you. You sound like you have an axe to grind with everyone, a chip on your shoulder, and you should know that most traders have big ego's and are needing to learn more humility and submission to set rules... I am no different.

Comment

• All of Nicks traders have failed ! No wonder he stopped making videos on youtube !

Comment

• Hi Greg I sent you an email please can you refund me the subscription that was paid today. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by fabx View Post
                Hi Greg I sent you an email please can you refund me the subscription that was paid today. Thanks.
                Use paypal to dispute claim and you will get it.

Comment

From June 2018 to June 2019 on the OTB NEW system I kept drawdown under 10% and grew from $4000 equity to $11,000 equity.
                  That's a blatant lie. Just because myfxbook can't calculate drawdown correctly doesn't mean can't either. And talking about statistical outliers in this context is a bad joke. Didn't you say you have some kind of math background? Using a griding strategy with soft martingale elements and blowing the account is not an outlier it's expected behaviour.

Comment

• Originally posted by forexgeek View Post

That's a blatant lie. Just because myfxbook can't calculate drawdown correctly doesn't mean can't either. And talking about statistical outliers in this context is a bad joke. Didn't you say you have some kind of math background? Using a griding strategy with soft martingale elements and blowing the account is not an outlier it's expected behaviour.
                    1. I scored 700 on the Maths part of the SAT university entrance exam.
                    2. The account in question was not blown, and I will recover, as I have done before
                    3. There are better systems yes, but I work for myself, and others can follow my trading if they think it's good.
                    4. You guys are the stupid ones.
                    If you could make a 28 month track record of over 200% gains, and have over 100 monthly subscribers, and $500,000 under management, get paid performance fees on a great month, and only have $11,000 of your own money at risk??
                    Who in their right mind would take that offer up??

The thing is, which I will be candid, I actually had much more capital at risk of my own. That's because it would be a moral hazard to not place my own capital at risk on the system I am managing. Prop firms require this of their own fund managers, to keep their skin in the game. I lost $70,000 of my own capital in that last drawdown.
                    Last edited by OutsideTheBoxHK; 06-28-2019, 04:25 PM.

Comment

1. I scored 700 on the Maths part of the SAT university entrance exam.
                      ... and you still have no clue how to calculate drawdown and are calling accounts that have been blown by reckless martingale-grid trading "statistical outliers". LOL

Originally posted by OutsideTheBoxHK View Post
                      4. You guys are the stupid ones.
                      If you could make a 28 month track record of over 200% gains, and have over 100 monthly subscribers, and $500,000 under management, get paid performance fees on a great month, and only have $11,000 of your own money at risk??
                      Who in their right mind would take that offer up??

The thing is, which I will be candid, I actually had much more capital at risk of my own. That's because it would be a moral hazard to not place my own capital at risk on the system I am managing. Prop firms require this of their own fund managers, to keep their skin in the game. I lost $70,000 of my own capital in that last drawdown.
                      prove it. I don't believe you a single word. You didn't have a dime invested in your own trading outside of the (former) public myfxbook accounts. You have shown before that you are pretty flexible when it comes to morality so why would you care if it's a "moral hazard". Honestly, do you really think anyone is falling for your bs any longer?

Comment

• Just for a fuller perspective going back to my starting days of my strategy.... this is the broader picture.
                        That people are not factoring into this whole tough current situation.
                        I built up a very good strategy as you can see in Part 1 below, a good rapport with clients and those interested in the forex copy trading space. It took a very long time of hard work to get where I was before this current DD.
                        Actually, every trader is out to win from his strategy, but losses are part and parcel of trading, just like in every other business. The important thing is to learn from the losses, just as you have, and know that your success can't be permanent if you don't keep on improving your strategy building.

I had over $100,000 invested under my main strategy at 1.3x risk, so I lost about $65,000 or so and only have about $50,000 all up to start again. Which I have done once so I know I can do it this time knowing one MORE thing. I have learnt many of those "things" / pitfalls over the 16 years I have been trading. Some of them cost me dearly. But I lurch ever closer to the overall goal. Simple life. Work from anywhere. Be my own boss.

I built up a very good strategy as you can see in Part 1 below.
                        Yes, right now I was transitioning into solely fund management and was running too many strategies simultaneously and was trying to juggle too many responsibilities and transitions in my life at the same time, which led to this current misjudgment.... you can go back and read how careful and honest I was always trying to be all throughout my journey... and there were those unbalanced critics back then too.
                        The below verified track record goes hand in hand with my numerous messages all along in this thread and the thread from Donna Forex to show that I have had a good journey with some bumps along the way, yes, but not this lying, intentional hurtful behavior, narcissism, etc that you guys are espousing.

LOOK at this track record.
                        http://www.myfxbook.com/members/Outs...rt-1-2/2087437

And the Second one has 270 consecutive profitable trades.
                        http://www.myfxbook.com/members/Outs...closed/2584044

OTBpart1.JPG

OTBpart2.JPG
                        Last edited by OutsideTheBoxHK; 06-29-2019, 02:38 AM.

Comment

• I will keep this brief. There is always more to the story than what people write online and allow people to see. Do we know what happened to Jeff Shears after his exit, or SteadyCapture, or others like them from Nick's "star" trading team?
                          How do we as traders developing outside of the established financial profession know how to trade consistently and progress from part time trader to full time? Have we seen someone really make it? Is there complete story explained (including all the failures along the way) so that others can see the warts and all?
                          From the very beginning I studied all Nick's traders and what made them successful and what inevitably led them to suffering some sort of big DD -- varying degrees of how it ended or at least ended publicly for us to see. I talked to fund managers, I watched 1000's of hours of videos, I worked so so so hard to bring something different to the forex industry. But what I am learning is that unless I have:

1 - stability in my personal life
                          2 - at least $500,000 Aum
                          3 - a good peaceful working spot and daily routine with enough sleep
                          4 - separation from those who do not have my best interest in mind
                          5 - balance between trading and being a normal person (daily chores, exercise, time for rest, time for laughter and fun)

Then things gradually teetered off kilter, and the excellent focus and edge is lost. And then without being accountable to someone like a real Risk Manager or Automatic Stop Loss for equity each month, there was a risk that at some time there would be an extension past the various measure of mean that I follow that would take equity past a reasonable loss.

This account did not margin call.
                          It lost 60% of overall profit --- or one year of gains -- not all the equity.
                          No trader can be lucky for 29 months and achieve the gains I had achieved without knowing heaps and having heaps of skill.
                          All is not lost. This is where you are thinking with a fatalist mindset.
                          You pick up what you can gather, reflect on what you have learned along the way, and you set up your life and your trading in such a way as to be stronger going forward and not fall prey to the same pitfalls (however shallow or deep they might be) again.
                          I am not devoid of honor.
                          I am not devoid of hope.
                          I am not devoid of skill and knowledge about these markets.
                          My core strategy has not stopped working.
                          My core strategy needs to have "soft" rules and edges, BUT it cannot be pushed too far past the guidelines, and this is where my unsustainable thoughts led this time.
                          I needed to stay closer to the "safe area" in order to be able to recover more quickly.
                          My core strategy is based on the normal distribution of data points and how far the momentum and price is from the mean -- and pairing each position to be able to survive long enough to make it back closer to mean without losing too much of overall capital before the momentum turns (after each over-extended bubble is popped) and allows the DD to be eliminated. This point of exhaustion many times cannot be defined linearly or precisely with advanced rules that cannot flex to the needs that arise at each time that this "over-extension" or "outlier" or "high standard deviation" occurs.

This time the extension and bubble have been taken quite far from the mean, at end of week, end of month, end of quarter, end of half -- with complacency at all time highs -- with USD changing structurally, with the world of Finance and FX changing quite fundamentally -- and herein lies the danger, as some have noted, with a Grid type system without a Stop below 20%.
                          There is enough dirty behavior in this market and I have made it my goal to not add more filth.
                          So this means my journey is not over. I will not join the ranks of the many Shining Stars who never present their trading publicly again, which leaves all of us wondering how anyone can possibly sustain good profits long term if they start out as a retail trader with a dream and a determined goal.

Comment

• Hi Greg I have emailed you twice, I am a little disappointed you have not replied to my emails. Please can you give this your urgent attention. Thanks Alex

Comment

• Still completing tests on this new updated strategy, and will release in July once I am satisfied that it properly addresses the drawbacks to the previous Core OTB strategy of 30 months.

This improved version of the OTB strategy, the "system of systems", or the "Risk Matrix", will include:
                              • more steps in the Risk Continuum (instead of 3... there will be 8 -- from 1x to 4x risk -- with equity allocation proportional to the exponential nature of dangerous risk
                              • simpler management of mulitple strategies off one master
                              • mixture of rigid and flexible exit parameters -- 5 most important of 8 will have same profit targets -- to be mainly determined by RSI and Ichimoku indicators on lower timeframes
                              • new track record for data analytics to determine how successful this new matrix is
                              • Hard monthly / basket cut off levels -- for example 12% for the most important 5 levels of risk
                              • Soft monthly / basket cut off levels -- for example 15% to 18% for the least important 3 levels of risk
                              • Withdrawing profits from most dangerous accounts each month and re-cycling into lower 5 levels of risk
                              • Max Open Exposure for 1x-1.8x risk accounts -- 1 standard lot per $10,000
                              • Max Open Exposure for 2x-4x risk accounts -- 2 standard lots per $10,000
                              • Choose allocations of Capital to each account based on its monthly profit, risk of ruin, and hard/soft or rigid/flexible money management

I have tested an improved version of my core strategy (the best parts) over the past 2 months, having listened to the complaints over the last couple years, and I have mixed what I call"rigid hard rules" for entry and exit WITH my well-known "flexible soft guidelines" --- this I believe will eliminate the losses on all strategies during times of REVERSAL and OVER-EXTENSION -- basically the 3% of times at most when prices fall outside 2 standard deviations from the mean. The parameters on this new upgraded system should also only allow high risk accounts to grow with scalps -- whereas the mid-range risk accounts will be allowed to flex past the Maximum Adverse Excursion and Max Open Exposure of the 5 most important levels of risk (which includes highest and lowest risk accounts).

ChampagneRisks.png
                              Last edited by OutsideTheBoxHK; 07-01-2019, 09:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mmaker
                                Had a conversation with a couple of your investors and they are preparing to sue you. Better get ready for the lawsuits to start coming in. You would be fine if you had stuck to your rules but you lied to investors and now suffer the consequences. You deserve whatever is coming to you.
                                Just being honest here... What you are stating is very far fetched and would never fly in any court of law unless there was a personal contract signed by the investor and the trader pointing out specific guidelines of trade.

Trust me on this.. Maybe Greg will turn around and do the right thing for the people who lost here and help them regain their capital. If that doesnt happen, I'd be greatly disappointed. If that doesnt happen I'll post a nice outline here on how any trader can be sued regardless where they reside. I dont think there is any reason to attempt anything against this trader.
                                Last edited by NextGen4FX; 07-01-2019, 05:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X