Outside the Box -- Signal and Mt Cook PAMM fund

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HedgeBitcoin View Post

I don't see how you are "STILL IN THE GAME" - Your accounts are toast. Track Record toast, reputation toast.
    Yes, I did the same as you over 2 years ago and you repeated the same reckless behavior as I did. Knowing that I failed using a very similar strategy why would you continue using it knowing that the outcome will always be the same. Luck can only last for so long before the inevitable crash which you have experienced over and over again. This week wasn't your first blown account. You have repeatedly deleted the blown accounts and keep shilling the same garbage. Move on, as I did. You career will rely on it.

I've scrapped many strategies through the last 10 years of trading. Once you take a step back and look at the core, the risk is not worth the reward. Until you can clearly accept that, you have no future in trading. Regarding my own trading, I've never stopped. However, everyone has to take a break to reassess their strategies and decide if that's what they want.

Nick had some great advice for me years ago. He basically said, "Why shoot for 10%-20% every month knowing you will eventually blow up when you can can do 2-3% each month and still have track record where millions of dollars will come your way." - Same goes for you. Just think about the end goal. What do you want to be known for?
    I have to hand it to you, this took alot of balls to post this and I have great respect for you doing so. It takes alot for a trader to own up and learn from their mistakes. That is one of the hardest things to do as a trader besides cutting losing trades with high lot sizes where you know others are losing money. Its psychological. Great post.

Comment

• Originally posted by OutsideTheBoxHK View Post
      Just for a fuller perspective going back to my starting days of my strategy.... this is the broader picture.
      That people are not factoring into this whole tough current situation.
      I built up a very good strategy as you can see in Part 1 below, a good rapport with clients and those interested in the forex copy trading space. It took a very long time of hard work to get where I was before this current DD.
      Actually, every trader is out to win from his strategy, but losses are part and parcel of trading, just like in every other business. The important thing is to learn from the losses, just as you have, and know that your success can't be permanent if you don't keep on improving your strategy building.

I had over $100,000 invested under my main strategy at 1.3x risk, so I lost about $65,000 or so and only have about $50,000 all up to start again. Which I have done once so I know I can do it this time knowing one MORE thing. I have learnt many of those "things" / pitfalls over the 16 years I have been trading. Some of them cost me dearly. But I lurch ever closer to the overall goal. Simple life. Work from anywhere. Be my own boss.
      Greg, You have some bad problems here bud. First you roam around this forum prodding other traders, their records and pretty much calling them a scam. At that time you were doing good but what now? Everything you said about everyone else comes back and smacks you in the rear when you do the same thing yourself. Your the only one that made money from your trading. CONGRATS! I guess It was a profitable strategy afterall for one person. My question to you is gonna be what your going to do for these people. My other question is going to be a repeat. Why on earth would you enter any competition with investor funds attached? That is just plain stupid and reckless. Anyone that does that should never trade anyone elses funds.

I really think you should read Hedgebitcoins post that I quoted. He actually gained alot of respect from me for posting that. Truth be told here, I will say again you did so well with how you were trading without aiming for such high ROI. Why is there an issue with seeing down the road and being able to trade millions? Why on earth break your own rules and for the sake of the people who lost, why should they trust you again? You broke every promise you've given them and you've done everything you've promised you would never do.

Why should anyone be trusted with money that needs a broker to cut trades when they exceed a certain percentage? Are you not able to cut trades and follow your own trade plan? I'm not being critical of you but these are serious questions that need to be answered. When can the ST subscribers start seeing some kind of trading activity within reason to begin regaining their capital?

Comment

• One thing I hate is a scammer and the second thing I hate is someone that flies around these forums like a forex Mother Theresea and ends up costing more people money in the end. I hope you realize just how much you have decimated your reputation as a trader. If you want to save it, that will depend on what you do from here. The right thing would be to use the signal to get people their balances back along with any ROI they rightfully paid you for. You should not charge people a fee and you should use the master account earnings to pay for any connection fees. Your earnings should come from an attached account. Just an idea.

Comment

• 1. There were plenty of clients who made money from my systems, if they connected earlier than August 2018, which many did, and/or if they withdrew profits along the way as I advised them to do. I have both fund clients and trade copiers who have contacted me with support and who are remaining connected for the recovery.

2. I understand that I was shooting for higher ROI recently, and it would have paid off as it was doing for about 4 months if I had cut Drawdown at 12-15%. Also not having the correct Risk Multiplier on accounts in a way that they would be able to survive Maximum Adverse Excursion, even in rare circumstances, to be alive for the turn in momentum.
          ​​​​​
          3. Being able to trade millions or nearly millions was always fed to me -- "hey just make it 12 months, Nick said -- hey just wait til you get to 2 years of profitable consistent and lowish drawdown track record -- OH WAIT, actually the big milestone is 3 years of profitable track record."--- and to be very honest I got tired of waiting for the LOYAL and LARGER investors to arrive (heaps pulling money out at the first drawdown, screaming bloody hell, taking money out after good gains and then not putting anything back in even when I did well for them--- I was used and then there was not the step up for STABLE and LARGER AUM). If you honestly were living off trading full time with $40,000 to $70,000 of your own capital you also would be pressed to find a way to get the total Assets under Management up at levels (and sustain it) where your income could be sufficient and stable.

4. The software will be responsible to perform certain actions -- cut individual trades, cut baskets of trades, stop setting new trades on slaves after a certain Total Exposure has been reached, set Take Profits, etc ..... and if you were a daytrader / scalper you would completely understand why this is very helpful when you are managing multiple risk levels in and out quickly with some trades only lasting 1 minute.

5. I have followed my trade plan at certain times along the whole development of my group of systems, yes, and then it became more involved and complicated... ramping up to reach for sustainability more quickly so I could rest and focus on Fund clients solely and not the incessant queries of trade copiers, which normally do not compensate me for my time -- all throughout my career so far this has always been true -- a guy with $95,000 of capital giving me $79 a month-- making 21% in a month-- and then writing messages to me complaining etc. --- it just does not make sense at all.

6. The recovery trades have already begun.
          Last edited by OutsideTheBoxHK; 07-01-2019, 04:36 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NextGen4FX View Post
            One thing I hate is a scammer and the second thing I hate is someone that flies around these forums like a forex Mother Theresea and ends up costing more people money in the end. I hope you realize just how much you have decimated your reputation as a trader. If you want to save it, that will depend on what you do from here. The right thing would be to use the signal to get people their balances back along with any ROI they rightfully paid you for. You should not charge people a fee and you should use the master account earnings to pay for any connection fees. Your earnings should come from an attached account. Just an idea.
            Your words are filled with emotion and not complete truth or balance. But honestly I have heard these type of conversations time and time again.

1. The markets risk and rewards are shared by all involved.
            2. A strategy provider is getting compensated both for their time and for their performance.
            3. Yes I care but I also will not stand for anything less than Joint Responsibility. Clients can set rescue levels. Clients can dis-connect. Clients can set risk multipliers. Clients can stop. Clients can take profits off the table. Look at the combined 30 month equity curve of parts 1 and 2, and there were MANY opportunities to perform all of the above risk-averse actions as a client.

Comment

Your words are filled with emotion and not complete truth or balance. But honestly I have heard these type of conversations time and time again.

1. The markets risk and rewards are shared by all involved.
              2. A strategy provider is getting compensated both for their time and for their performance.
              3. Yes I care but I also will not stand for anything less than Joint Responsibility. Clients can set rescue levels. Clients can dis-connect. Clients can set risk multipliers. Clients can stop. Clients can take profits off the table. Look at the combined 30 month equity curve of parts 1 and 2, and there were MANY opportunities to perform all of the above risk-averse actions as a client.
              Clients can do many things but it all breaks down to what you are communicating at the same time. One thing I have always respected was your communication and the fact you dont take my comments or questions as negative. When you are being asked about drawdown and you are communicating in here that it is business as usual and everything is ok, that changes it alittle. Clients that mess with risk multipliers I could care less about. That is their own doing and decision. I am talking about the people that were supposedly wiped out or lost funds on normal risk. When you communicate to them not to worry about the drawdown and this happens, it takes any joint responsibility out of it. It just means you were wrong which is ok. I don't post emotionally ever. It was very straight forward and no I didnt call you a scammer but you did post in other threads about other SPs and their methods then you do the same thing to your clients as many of them did. Dont skate around that, you did and I'm glad if your taking steps to right the wrong. I dont hate you either just disappointed. Hope you understand. As far as any part of what I said being unfactual.. That's wrong. I think your missing the point of what I posted entirely.
              Last edited by NextGen4FX; 07-01-2019, 05:53 AM.

Comment

• You just gotta love how you ignore valid critics and keep posting stuff completely out of touch with reality. Serious and experienced investors will NEVER invest with someone like you. You as a person and your trading are attracting investors that are dreaming of super high returns and ignore the fact that this comes with a super high risk as well. You did a great job in denying the fact that your trading is overly risky and reckless. Yes, even your so-called low-risk accounts. Even now you don't show any signs of self-reflection and blame your investors for complaining.
                Keep dreaming that your so-called "flexible soft guidelines" (what's that even supposed to mean??) will magically turn your trading into a cash cow once you cut drawdown at 15%. This threshold would have been crossed at least twice in the past 4 months. You don't have an edge and meaningless Russian proverbs are not changing that fact.

Comment

• Did I just read somewhere about a broker having to approve a trading strategy? I've never heard of that.. Has anyone else? I would think that if a broker approved a strategy and something went wrong that spells liability all over it. Something a broker would not typically do... Theres beginning to be so much crap in this thread it's becoming hard to keep track of.

Comment

• I will continue methodically servicing my clients and working on the goals I have set out. But a word.....

Traders at our level learn sooner or later, we need to have boundaries because even if we truly are well-intentioned, hard working, successful in other areas of our lives, dedicated to responsiveness and dedicated to not add more trauma or "scamming" feel to this space, the reality is that (those I normally call trolls) anyone with negative intentions or for whom it costs nothing to rant and rave and hurl insults will come at you when there are tough times... and if everyone on these types of forums would self reflect for just one second, THAT IS EXACTLY why the atmosphere and SELF INTEREST and condition of POSITIVE ENDURING COLLABORATION do not change.

1. There is a culture of only showing your best / good side.
                    2. When the only maxim that will sustain us is "failure is not fatal"
                    3. Failure is part of a process. You all will say, oh but then you shouldn't be offering your services until you have reached a threshhold of certainty of sustained success. But then these are the same people who subscribe to the next "shining star" on these trade copying sites, hoping the outcome will be different this time. And yet everyone is separated by a huge gulf of internet distance and anonymity.
                    4. This "process" is to keep moving forward -- to not give up. But to keep moving forward it has to be worth your while and sustain your life if you don't have sufficient income from other means. But if you're already financially independent then you probably wouldn't be here. You would be investing at a more established institution, with a certified fund manager - getting far smaller returns. Or as a trader, you would not even have your trade history and profile and services posted ONLINE! That is why it is nearly impossible to find consistently profitable strategies that are open to retail investors.
                    5. The process of gradual "series of actions or experiments" that leads to success then will take you off sites like these. I was nearly there. Maybe a few more months, but I pushed it too hard and did not cut early enough.

SteadyCapture knew this.
                    Nick knew this.
                    FXViper knew this.
                    And those others traders who give their best (like the new guy hi-jacking my Donna Forex thread) who we don't hear from anymore from Nick's team and other sites (I also was this guy -- looking back in 2017 in the history of this thread -- fighting battle after battle to stay positive and continue to concentrate my focus on the engine of growth) they stopped posting and went offline because it's too hard. They didn't want to do it anymore.
                    In this culture that we allow to dominate, it is too dog-eat-dog.
                    Where is the process?
                    Who will help the trader along when in larger DD?
                    You think this new guy is any different? Just wait til he has his first drawdown -- whether it is holding a basket of losing trades or just a consecutive losing streak -- doesn't matter.
                    Will this community give him the long period necessary to show his skills?
                    Will we stay supportive and fully invested so that the upward slope of his equity curve has a chance to manifest before we crucify and vilify him publicly?

Will we take the same amount of responsibility for our investments as we demand of the fund manager / trader?
                    Last edited by OutsideTheBoxHK; 07-02-2019, 04:54 AM.

Comment

• This thread has become quite the soap opera. I am not sure if anyone who actually posts here is remotely interested in signals.

Comment

• Originally posted by RenkoGuy
                        Your management and trading skills are pathetic.
                        Your average pip win was about 4.2 just another scalper who is afraid to trade.

Why do scalpers call their selves traders ? They aren't.
                        Risking 10 % or more to make 0.3 % per trade with many trades open and adding in lot sizes
                        is just plain stupidity.

So trade with your own money don't scam people anymore.
                        If you are not successful after 16 years !!! then please stop trading.
                        I don't know why you don't take the time to tell the whole truth. Did you lose money while investing under my straategy? Probably isn't as a result of me.
                        What is it?
                        Do you really want to tell the new subscribers?
                        Wrong again.
                        this stat taken from MyFXBook verified trading history:
                        Average Win: 208.52 pips / $9.04

Comment

• Wrong again and misleading and incomplete information. Only reason I take time to correct this is because I want others to know the truth.
                          Zulu investors copy my trading in their own way.
                          Zulu stats are representative of what copiers decide to do after I enter a trade / open a position.
                          This is absolute lunacy.
                          Zulu measures everything -- performance ranking and whether they will label a strategy or trader as "risky trading" --- on SOLELY PIPS BASIS. That means a 1 lot USDZAR pip is the same as 0.01 lot of NZDUSD --- does that sound right or safe??

Comment

Wrong again and misleading and incomplete information. Only reason I take time to correct this is because I want others to know the truth.
                            Zulu investors copy my trading in their own way.
                            Zulu stats are representative of what copiers decide to do after I enter a trade / open a position.
                            This is absolute lunacy.
                            Zulu measures everything -- performance ranking and whether they will label a strategy or trader as "risky trading" --- on SOLELY PIPS BASIS. That means a 1 lot USDZAR pip is the same as 0.01 lot of NZDUSD --- does that sound right or safe??
                            Whats wrong here is that your supposed to be recovering funds for people and your way over exposed, lot sizes are way way too big for a "recovery effort". If someone just lost money for you, would you be ok with them taking so much risk once again? I am just trying to be reasonable here. You are making the same mistake all over again. Your going to get slapped again if you continue to do so. Im really trying to help you out here.
                            Last edited by NextGen4FX; 07-03-2019, 01:24 AM.

Comment

• Now youve busted the previous day high and still going up.. No hedge, no stops... What gives?

Comment

• Originally posted by RenkoGuy
                                He must be short the Dow i think but again the Dow is in a uptrend.

Only people with BIG ego's trade against the trend.
                                Hes short NZD$ DOW and in USDZAR again. Same thing he margined out on previously. He jumped right back in the same markets without stepping back and re-analyzing. Someone really upset is messaging me all this so I guess his clients arent very happy. Huge lot sizes and no stops.
                                Last edited by NextGen4FX; 07-03-2019, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X