Outside the Box -- Signal and Mt Cook PAMM fund

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NextGen4FX View Post

Hes short NZD$ DOW and in USDZAR again. Same thing he margined out on previously. He jumped right back in the same markets without stepping back and re-analyzing. Someone really upset is messaging me all this so I guess his clients arent very happy. Huge lot sizes and no stops.
    After witnessing all this mess how can anyone still trust this guy with a single dime? I seriously don't get it.

Comment

• Originally posted by forexgeek View Post

After witnessing all this mess how can anyone still trust this guy with a single dime? I seriously don't get it.
      Honestly, if you take the times when his head was on his shoulders and actually cared about his clients, he wasnt doing bad. It was a spot in the beginning when he wasnt controlling his risks and now hes doing the same thing. Lesson not learnt I guess.. I really believe that if he actually took the time to listen to the other traders that are actually trying to help him, he could be a good trader. What he is doing right now says that he only cares about lining his own pockets.

Comment

• There are other ways to achieve what you are wanting to achieve without being cruel.
        I will be back.
        And victory after tough times is all the more sweet.
        The new updated strategy is not set up with all the automatic scripts in place but will be by end of the month. This updated strategy will use 6 different risk levels, tight scalping, and 12%-15% DD cut off for open basket.
        During my positive psychology, positive life balance, and stable health and accommodation is when I trade best.
        I admit that those building blocks have not been secure in the past 2 months. And it is my job to make sure they are, working with trading team to have regular check ups on the mental health and life balance side.
        For now though I am just trading 3 Darwinex and 2 extra "aggressive" accounts with looser guidelines. The two aggressive ones are different strategy to the main core OTB strategy and had produced over 200% gains in a very short time, so for them to come back to only 30 to 100% gains, yes, is a loss, but not overall, it is a gain, and it is not a blown account like you are claiming.
        Last edited by OutsideTheBoxHK; 07-05-2019, 01:41 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by OutsideTheBoxHK View Post
          There are other ways to achieve what you are wanting to achieve without being cruel.
          I will be back.
          And victory after tough times is all the more sweet.
          The new updated strategy is not set up with all the automatic scripts in place but will be by end of the month. This updated strategy will use 6 different risk levels, tight scalping, and 12%-15% DD cut off for open basket.
          During my positive psychology, positive life balance, and stable health and accommodation is when I trade best.
          I admit that those building blocks have not been secure in the past 2 months. And it is my job to make sure they are, working with trading team to have regular check ups on the mental health and life balance side.
          For now though I am just trading 3 Darwinex and 2 extra "aggressive" accounts with looser guidelines. The two aggressive ones are different strategy to the main core OTB strategy and had produced over 200% gains in a very short time, so for them to come back to only 30 to 100% gains, yes, is a loss, but not overall, it is a gain, and it is not a blown account like you are claiming.
          Im sorry Greg, having a strategy also involves having rules. Rules are meant to be followed very strictly when trading money for others and thats something simply you cannot do without a broker holding your hand or a script to do it for you., You do not belong trading money for others. When you advertise a low drawdown signal or managed account, that again involves strategy and rules. You broke all of your rules and your clients paid for it dearly. You are making the same mistakes and even worse luring people back in with a free sub for recovery and jacking up the lot sizes and risks on a supposed low risk strategy/rule set. Your doing this to reduce the amount of months you have to give your clients for free following your mistakes. That is just plain out wrong.

Greg, you need to re-analyze what you are doing and realize that what your doing is WRONG..

Comment

• If you believed in me then, you must believe in me now.
            Nothing has changed with my ability to capture profits with this strategy. Yes I am taking time out to reflect. Yes I am fixing the slight faults in the manually traded system I had been running with great results for 2.5 years.
            Yes people lost a lot of money, but did they take profits off the table like I advised and like I did myself? This is one of the fail safes in trading. Use proper risk, and remain invested so that I can continue doing what I have done for 2.5 years -- learn from my mistakes, improve this manually traded strategy little by little, gradually. But instead many people get down in the tough times and reduce risk and take money out instead of learning over the history of this strategy -- that big DD is EXACTLY the right time to ADD to your investment (or put profits that you had saved back in) NOT cut.
            Wouldn't you rather recuperate the losses over 9 months or so instead of quit?
            The risks I am taking right now with the recovery are calculated and DD is about 10% right now. And yes it will be slightly accelerated for faster recovery. These are my funds and people can copy my actions if they so choose. That is copying not fund management.
            The new cutoff of 12% as well as the new "matrix" of 5 levels of risk instead of just 3 and different take profit levels on each of those 5 accounts -- will address weaknesses in the previous system- this system is currently being set up and I will explain it over the next 2 weeks and it will be ready soon

Comment

If you believed in me then, you must believe in me now.
              Nothing has changed with my ability to capture profits with this strategy. Yes I am taking time out to reflect. Yes I am fixing the slight faults in the manually traded system I had been running with great results for 2.5 years.
              Yes people lost a lot of money, but did they take profits off the table like I advised and like I did myself? This is one of the fail safes in trading. Use proper risk, and remain invested so that I can continue doing what I have done for 2.5 years -- learn from my mistakes, improve this manually traded strategy little by little, gradually. But instead many people get down in the tough times and reduce risk and take money out instead of learning over the history of this strategy -- that big DD is EXACTLY the right time to ADD to your investment (or put profits that you had saved back in) NOT cut.
              The risks I am taking right now with the recovery are calculated and DD is about 10% right now. And yes it will be slightly accelerated for faster recovery. These are my funds and people can copy my actions if they so choose. That is copying not fund management.
              The new cutoff of 12% as well as the new "matrix" of 5 levels of risk instead of just 3 and different take profit levels on each of those 5 accounts -- will address weaknesses in the previous system- this system is currently being set up and I will explain it over the next 2 weeks and it will be ready soon
              Not really Greg, when you post a signal you have to go by the rules of your system posted. If you are ever charged in a court of law, that is what regulators and courts would look at. Not your definition of what trade copying is. They look at the "product" you are selling and you are breaking your own rules. Sorry but if you want to recover your own funds faster you should have an account following your signal with adjusted risks. Not advertise a low risk signal and jack up the risks on everyone. That alone leaves you very liable. The basic signal should be following your strategy as advertised at 1X risk. What you are doing is costing more people money and setting yourself up for a disaster.

Comment

Greg, your own clients that you lost money for are requesting you lower the risks back to the way it was supposed to be. It is their choice and if it takes longer for them to regain their funds back, it is again their choice. If you choose to have your funds trade at a higher risk, the appropriate action would be to have your account following with a higher risk setting. After what happened it is also appropriate that you realize that the losses were due to you not sticking to your own rules and trading at a higher risk than you were supposed to be. That alone should tell you what the right thing to do is.

Comment

• Current drawdown under 1%.
                  Booked 6.26% profit this week for the recovery, and the USD has made its turn quite obviously.

I guarantee you my resolve, my ingenuity, my will to thrive is greater than your unbalanced denouncements -- offering no path to productivity.
                  You only lose or fail when you give up and become psychologically dysfunctional.
                  See all the times when I had to inspire myself throughout this track record's history to overcome limiting thoughts and public harassment. Go back to see when I wanted to encourage people to believe in their dreams and go for them in the only way they know how.
                  You've got to look very carefully at people's motives and you've got to look very carefully at all the facts.
                  You've got an eccentric, altruistic maths teacher, single dad who served two years as a missionary as a volunteer in Colombia now doing everything he can to build a new career after his ex wife called the head of a reputable international school where he had completed one of 2 years of his contract and caused him to be mysteriously terminated due to no misconduct during the heat of their custody battle.
                  Perceived as very vulnerable and yet very resourceful and smart. People constantly trying to knock him down and take advantage of my desire to be good -- just get him a bit off his game -- then we can watch OTB rise high and finally come back and watch him crash and burn -- many here have wanted the story to have a miserable ending -- you get some sick satisfaction at seeing others do quite well in a genuine way and then delighting in their misery and their heartbreak --- I have heard your will power in your words -- and we'll take out all our disappointment and rage on him, because we too want to be great -- we too believed the dream -- and we gave up so at least let's crucify him and paste his worst moments all over the internet so he can never move forward productively.
                  And this cruel tactic has been used time and time again in our connected and technological world.
                  For what?
                  Where then are the good stories?
                  Do you spend equal amounts of time (the 1000's of hours I have spent) looking to actually perform well and tell other people about that?

There were many points along the smooth equity curve when investors could take profits off the table.
                  I had plainly spoken many times about how I traded with guidelines (not rules) as this would give me the flexibility to make decisions when the DD's actually were occurring real time.

Anyway, this is my thread. And I will continue to show what I have learned and how I will continue trading for clients that still want me to work them progressively and gradually back up to the High Water Mark. Plain and simple. Made 5% back this week, and the new updated/upgraded system has not been deployed yet. I will explain more about its workings and when it will officially start later this month. It will include more layers of risk, mixture of flexible guidelines and strict rules, and it has been designed to be more simple to manage and monitor.

So simply put, if I wanted to recuperate some or all of the losses, I would certainly not want my fund manager to listen to unbalanced viewpoints (there is good and bad) that offer no possibility of a positive way forward immediately - - not in 6 months. Many want to begin the recovery NOW. The only way to improve from a low point is to get up and try again after a set back-- not reject people and offer no help, no grace, no mercy.

Does that mean that investors gained nothing from trust in me? Does that mean they had no opportunity to profit? Does that mean I intended for this recent loss to happen? No. All resounding no to all these. If you want a real life conversation then you can choose to have a dialogue -- based in fact -- and not this campaign of unproductive condemnation.

I will say more next week but for those who want to be inspired by a tennis star's highs and lows on her journey to be the best she can be, as I traded yesterday I watched a few interviews with Steffi Graf, possibly the greatest woman's tennis player ever, and how she overcame many dramas and challenges along the way.

1 - She had a bout of tremendous back pains that almost de-railed her career
                  2 - After staying in Germany against the odds (most tennis players left Germany due to very high taxes) and having great success on the tour, her father was arrested in 1996 for tax evasion and was later sentenced to 3 years (serving 15 months of the total sentence) in prison and this was devastating to the family's reputation in Germany and Steffi's ability to continue with her tennis career
                  3 - Monica Seles was stabbed in 1993 during one of her games, as a result of a crazed fan who wanted Steffi to return to her #1 ranking, and this was basically a career ending deep stab into Monica's shoulder blades / back
                  4 -- 1988 she won her first Wimbledon singles title at age 18 against a very formidable Navratilova.

And her tennis star hubby seems to agree with me that our scars and wounds make us more able to help others.
                  "you can't spread who you are without being broken first. Sometimes, when you've been broken into pieces, you come back and give much more to people. You can see my scars and they're key to me making a difference in other lives now. You can't have any wounds in this game that don't leave scars. They never quite heal but they make you who you are."

Andre Agassi and Steffi Graf on INSIDE SPORT (BBC) - PART 1 of 3 total
                  Andre Agassi and Steffi Graf talk to Inside Sports Gabby Logan in Las Vegas about life post retirement, Andre Agassi Boys and Girls Club - what it's about, a...

Steffi Graf on 60 Minutes - 1995
                  Steffi Graf Interview on 60 Minutes1995 Channel 9 Australia

Highs and lows of Graf the great
                  https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...at-741802.html
                  Last edited by OutsideTheBoxHK; 07-09-2019, 08:55 AM.

Comment

• More food for thought for those of you who are investing with strategy providers who have competing interests and competing responsibilities for one strategy....

What I advised and still do advise, is that you take a larger percentage of profits off the table (or recycle profits made in higher risk systems into lower risk systems... and also take a smaller amount of monthly profit off the table in lower risk systems and put this in your bank account risk free to use in the event one risk level suffers dramatic drawdown.) This way you take quite a bit of profits off the table in high risk, and you keep re-starting with a relatively small percentage of overall risk capital in higher risk accounts, and take profits off the table in low risk accounts which is taken out of the system completely. This is what I was doing and still am doing. As I have 5 risk levels in investment accounts that follow the same Core OTB Low Risk Strategy which eventually suffered a 60% DD from High Water Mark. This last DD is not ideal and is not what I had wanted to do, said I would do, or intended to do. That is why this manual failure needs to be eliminated in the updated system and recovery period, and then things will go back to the best profit times of this system. This is what you fail to mention. There really was ONE FLAW AND THAT'S IT.
                    Some disgruntled investors are only looking at what happens to an original investment when it STARTED LATE (strategy began in Feb 2017) and which only very little overall profit is taken down the risk spectrum or off the table all together.
                    I definitely need to educate people how to handle this process it seems, as people have not figured out how to do this to minimise their risk while simultaneously maximising their profit potential by handling this profit taking safely and wisely.

If you have thoroughly researched the whole PAMM fund / performance fee vs Trade Copying / monthly small fee landscape you would already certainly know that there is NO WAY AT ALL for the strategy provider to know:

1 - account sizes of his subscribers
                    2 - the dates when each of them begin
                    3 - communicate with them to know their individual goals as opposed to other people in the overall investment too

This is why it is impossible for the manager (with no admin or support staff) to weigh up where the majority of his responsibility lies.... is it with 100 trade copiers at $79 per month (whose capital amount he does not know) who had average initial investment date of Jan 2019 (which he also does not know)?? Or is it with the Fund clients with performance fee compensation in the same exact strategy who invested in March 2017 (whom he does know exactly how much capital they have invested, exactly their investment style and goals, and exactly which date/location on the overall equity curve when they invested??

This is almost impossible for the manager to navigate without alienating some of the clients (potentially a large portion of them --- numerically significant or insignificant -- doesn't matter -- there will undoubtedly be a large lot who scream loudly that they were scammed. So how does the "start from scratch" strategy provider stay solvent long enough full time to serve all these clients well?? I tried and am still trying to find the right balance and still make enough to survive until the complete client list becomes easy to know, easier to serve, and easier to satisfy with ONE amount of profit.

Not sure if you even can understand all of this without a case study with full examples with numbers to know how hard this is... and I will say I had made it --- and instead wanted to log one more good month of 10% or more to show investors who were merely watching/ not invested.

Comment

More food for thought for those of you who are investing with strategy providers who have competing interests and competing responsibilities for one strategy....

What I advised and still do advise, is that you take a larger percentage of profits off the table (or recycle profits made in higher risk systems into lower risk systems... and also take a smaller amount of monthly profit off the table in lower risk systems and put this in your bank account risk free to use in the event one risk level suffers dramatic drawdown.) This way you take quite a bit of profits off the table in high risk, and you keep re-starting with a relatively small percentage of overall risk capital in higher risk accounts, and take profits off the table in low risk accounts which is taken out of the system completely. This is what I was doing and still am doing. As I have 5 risk levels in investment accounts that follow the same Core OTB Low Risk Strategy which eventually suffered a 60% DD from High Water Mark. This last DD is not ideal and is not what I had wanted to do, said I would do, or intended to do. That is why this manual failure needs to be eliminated in the updated system and recovery period, and then things will go back to the best profit times of this system. This is what you fail to mention. There really was ONE FLAW AND THAT'S IT.
                      Some disgruntled investors are only looking at what happens to an original investment when it STARTED LATE (strategy began in Feb 2017) and which only very little overall profit is taken down the risk spectrum or off the table all together.
                      I definitely need to educate people how to handle this process it seems, as people have not figured out how to do this to minimise their risk while simultaneously maximising their profit potential by handling this profit taking safely and wisely.

Not sure if you even can understand all of this without a case study with full examples with numbers to know how hard this is... and I will say I had made it --- and instead wanted to log one more good month of 10% or more to show investors who were merely watching/ not invested.
                      Even words from your own client telling you that your taking too high of risks does not even move you.. The fact you post all of your life problems and when one of your clients post theirs, you don't even sympathize for them. If you will not stop to rationalize with people you lost funds for, maybe more drastic measures are due. That can be done as well but come with some heavy consequences for you. I don't think your familiar with your locals and the consequences of your actions.

I have not poked fun at you or participated in the BS and have asked some really direct and serious questions. Some reason you just think its business as usual and its not. If you cannot be reasoned with, you need to be dealt with. I am not asking for much and have not. I think you should take a moment, slow down and consider acting like you have a soul for a minute.
                      Last edited by NextGen4FX; 07-12-2019, 08:46 PM.

Comment

• In only 4 days he has managed to get to 86.91% DD on this new account! https://www.myfxbook.com/members/Out...himoku/3402737

Comment

• Huh, haven't been a while here seems most traders went bust. The link above is already gone It seems that all who are on forum can't handle the pressure...

Comment

• staloneQuote.jpg

The naysayers, the doubters, those who quit before tears and wisdom have worked their magic, it is these type of people who will be long gone in about 2 years from now once my new updated strategy will have had an even more quality chance than the 2.5 years of success before to build out a track record as before -- now with mix of:

1 - strict rules
                            2 - soft guidelines
                            3 - matrix of 5 levels of risk -- some cutting profit early -- some letting winners ride
                            4 - taking profits generated at higher risk off the table EVERY month and recycling down the risk spectrum
                            5 - this is all that is needed and what I am working on (nothing that is visible publicly on myfxbook other than the main long mt cook strategy is following my updated strategy yet -- I am keeping these private for now -- continuing to working for those who want to hit a new high water mark and of course those who trust that I can and will do it and not give up to recover as I have done many times before)

Comment

• And that is where you are wrong.
                              it is NEVER too late.
                              As in all of life's pursuits worth pursuing. love, relationship, discovery, skills, acumen, training. You just never give up, and then you will master something.

Comment

• Originally posted by RenkoGuy

"you will master something"

I can assure you if you don't master something after 16 years it's never gonna happen.
                                Give up trading and seek help.
                                The big problem is that he is trying to Master trading at his INVESTORS EXPENSE. That is just plain wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X