No announcement yet.

Outside the Box -- Signal and Mt Cook PAMM fund

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've mentioned this before, but for your sake, I will mention it again...
    Strategy providers on SimpleTrader, SignalStart, and MQL5 platforms for the most part are not required to be experts in their field. They are traders who are doing exactly what I have been doing, learning and allowing people to copy their trading if that's what they choose to do. I trade my accounts, advise subscribers to take necessary precautions, and then when drawdowns manifest I will keep trading my accounts as I have always done. The risks are clearly stated, and subscribers normally do not want to become INVESTORS, which necessitates joining a fund. There is a BIG different between investors and subscribers.

Comment

• these subscribers intervened in the trading without knowing the strategy that was being employed.
      If you had read all my posts on the social feed and on their community forum you would know this.

They cut trades themselves.
      They followed with different risk multipliers or fixed lots.
      This is not copying trading. This will vastly alter the Profits gained or ROI for the subscriber accounts in comparison with the master account.
      And yet the losses are attributed to the master trader regardless. This will not accurately reflect the profit factor of the master account.

Comment

• Their management at Zulutrade has agreed to change this policy due to my objection and explanation of how little drawdown percentage-wise is carried when 700 pips negative on a USDZAR trade... less than 0.1%.... does that sound like Risky Trading to you? Does that sound right/good/productive that they withheld over $3000 from me due to this obviously inappropriate, selfish, and destructive policy? Their ranking of traders performance does not actually lead followers to traders who have a high likelihood of performing consistently in the future.

There was no one following that strategy with $5000 even though my master accounts always risk considerable amounts and have skin in the game (something to lose to back up what I am doing is with real money and significant capital), and I was not being paid my Zulutrade for 3 consecutive months because my strategy had been labeled as "Risky Trading" due to one of their policies where if a USDZAR trade exceeds 700 pips, the trader will not be paid their share of commissions. So I decided to archive that account and start 2 new ones, which are still running on Zulutrade marketplace. You obviously either didn't know this or you don't want to record the whole truth here.

Comment

• Originally posted by mmaker

Blaming others for your incompetence again? When will you realise you are done? You have 3k left in your "flagship" account, you wiped out everything else. The last account you managed to blow up in 4 trading days. Do you really believe you know what you are doing? If yeas then there are only 2 options. Either you are an imbecil or completely crazy. I guess there is a third option of you being a crazy imbecil and that seems to be the correct guess.
          Unfortunately, both of you say things but are not willing to then back these statements up with hard evidence.
          You also presume to know what my goals are (and for that matter what the other interested parties are planning/thinking), what I have learned, and what level of mastery I have as a trader.
          It is not cool at all that there are people like you guys who go around discouraging people who have worked so hard to progress, to learn, and to work towards a future that they are building and planning for.
          There are many different type of people in this market, so please keep your unhelpful remarks to yourself, and let others have a go at what they think is possible in this market.

1. The new HFCopy strategy did not blow up - it is still open
          2. Zulutrade has two open strategies for trade copying that have subscribers. The forum posts regarding Zulutrade admitting that their ranking algorithms are being updated (and how their trade copying is handled) I referenced are there for all to see if they want to fact check.
          3. I am servicing 25 fund clients and 15 trade copying clients who have retained my services
          4. In addition to the Mt Cook flagship strategy, I have 3 Darwinex strategies, one HF strategy, and two other Mt Cook strategies.

In addition to this the new updated Mt Cook strategy is still being tested and will be implemented by the end of July. These improvements for automation and some other "hard" rules will address the above average drawdown that the fund experienced in June (after the best month ever for the fund).
          Last edited by OutsideTheBoxHK; 07-22-2019, 06:05 AM.

Comment

• I know many many investors who would be thrilled with 52% after two years, even though it was at 258% after 2 years which is what this strategy is capable of.
            The improvements that I have described will certainly address this most recent period of above 20% drawdown (which I had maintained --- even below 10% for well over a year).... yes this is a good trader. Anyone who trades for a living will support this statement.

by the way, once again, please show me either a 2 year period when you have made over 200% while keeping Drawdown under 20%
            OR
            a one year verified track record where you have held drawdown under 10% and gained approximately 75% in that same period.
            Then you will have bested my performance, and we know you speak from hard earned experience.

Thought so. Let's keep our focus on more profits. (No matter where you choose to get them or how you choose to get them -- just share the good with us instead of haggling on and on.)
            Last edited by OutsideTheBoxHK; 07-22-2019, 11:19 PM.

Comment

• Whoa, come on, its one thing to criticize his trading, which is based on facts, but that name calling doesnt lead to anything.

And OTB, for you own sake, just shut up for now, nobody cares about your imaginary performance, you yourself lost money even though you were in it from the start, so dont tell me people could've made money when joining later...
              Come back when the new account runs with the new DD rules, and then lets see if your strategy will work with low drawdown settings. In its current state it won't, but lets see what you can do

Comment

• Originally posted by Amadorian View Post
                Whoa, come on, its one thing to criticize his trading, which is based on facts, but that name calling doesnt lead to anything.

And OTB, for you own sake, just shut up for now, nobody cares about your imaginary performance, you yourself lost money even though you were in it from the start, so dont tell me people could've made money when joining later...
                Come back when the new account runs with the new DD rules, and then lets see if your strategy will work with low drawdown settings. In its current state it won't, but lets see what you can do
                thanks for your feedback which doesn't resort to name calling and expletives and curse words which hurt everyone involved.
                Plus, I will not "shut up" as you suggest. I will continue going from "strength to strength". The odd thing here is that sometimes strength is in experience and "potential" stored in knowledge that only needs to be executed. If you quit after so much valuable experience, then it really is a double loss.
                Anyway, you guys have heard it all from me, so I will just point to the strong recovery that has already been launched / earned. 17% booked profit this month of July after a 60% loss, is a good start.
                Additionally, my performance is NOT imaginary as you said.
                I am PLUS 55% on this flagship account since July 2017 when it began.
                I also have other sub-accounts which have performed even better -- earning me a higher ROI by re-cycling profits from higher risk accounts into lower risk accounts month by month.

Comment

• Originally posted by mmaker

How can you keep lying like this when everything is documented? Are you not ashamed of yourself?

Your current profit is 10% in 2 years on 64% DD. You keep throwing out numbers of a selected period when the strategy was doing well. Anyone can do that. I also made 124% in a few days with 0% DD. Can you do that?

You are a real piece of shit.
                  Please dont use this type of personal attack, or you will be banned from the forum. I am aware that Donna forex has pretty much shut down the debate there, which I think is a shame. I am happy for it to continue here, but this type of comment will be censured going forward.

Comment

• your comments only go so deep. And then the debate, improvement, training, and digging for better is stifled or snuffed out due to lame phrases/statements like this last one.
                    I live in Asia now and for the past 13 years, and I have seen "crazy" products ever since arriving, and my initial reactions were much the same as this last one.
                    Snake wine?
                    Bee pollen wine?
                    Magnets for healing?
                    All sorts of weird herbs and natural products in very unattractive shops and poorly branded packaging?
                    but then... after much experience, many years, I began to wonder.... after 5000 years, even though many of them look poor on the outside, have they passed much more clever wisdom on to the generations? Do they actually have more wisdom than ultra fancy modern Western doctors, healers, attractive brands?
                    I will let you be the judge.
                    The same goes for my trading and strategies, which are still improving, still learning, still moving up higher by climbing onto the rubble of the past.

Comment

• Is there a scientific research that states that those things work? Yes? Than they do. No? Its expensive bullshit. That simple

Keep the topic on trading, all these things you write make you look metally instable, the exact opposite of what you're trying to achieve.

Comment

• That was my point. I want people to use their brains to interpret the patterns, the necessary elements to good sustainable trading, just as I must do.
                        Yes chinese medicine does work, along with yoga, chiropractic, keto diets, and things that are based on science but sometimes just haven't been understood by simple people in scientific ways yet, but they still knew they worked. They just couldn't explain it in a flash and sophisticated way.

Please don't tell me what to do. This has been attempted by many others in the past, and it just isn't good. This is my thread. I started it. I am the trader of this manual strategy. I have done the work, and you will allow all people on this thread to speak in ways they wish to speak. we are free to do as our imaginations inspire us, as long as we are not intentionally being loose with our lips and hurting people. This strategy has had success for huge blocks of time and it will become more and more successful, and it has all to do with me not being bothered by what you want, think, or feel. This is a results based discipline. So I had better produce results. I will keep the focus on success in trading, but sometimes you must venture outside the box to find wisdom that isn't exactly in the established industry.

Comment

• What's the problem with this new strategy of yours that it needs so much testing still? You said it yourself, the only flaw is that it needs a 12% hard stop. So implement it and be done with it! There is no need for any testing. Either you have it or you don't, it's that simple. There is no middle way.

But of course your trading just will not work with this rule implemented. Not unless you change something else. But nothing else is faulty, everything else is just perfect as it is. Oh boy, what a mess...

You're more stubborn than a mule, you want to do everything under your own terms and you made a mistake of not listening to smart people that tried to help you for a long time. And you're making the same mistake again. People are trying to help you but you know better.

The only way for you to perhaps maybe possibly come out of this with some slight chances of keeping your trading career is to shut the *** up, go away, trade privately for at least 6 months with your new rule in place and then come back to have another chance. But you're doing everything wrong again.

Comment

• I've booked over 19% profit this month after the drawdown and you still can't point to the good.
                            It's such the way with all you. Good thing I know you just need to take a course in Proper Communication and Emotional Regulation. Seriously.
                            Did you even read what I wrote down in the messages following the reflection I did after the June drawdown? Surely not.
                            I said I am designing automated features that will help me perform some "trade setting" actions at the time of trade orders... see below... and once again may I pls ask you to restrain yourself when you have an urge or lack of self control and blurt out names or rash statements without basis. Instead do your homework and be disciplined.
                            As it says in the Bible, take the LOG out of your own eye before you talk about the SPECK in the eyes of others.

Just one of the occasions when I was explaining these new changes:
                            The new cutoff of 12% as well as the new "matrix" of 5 levels of risk instead of just 3 and different take profit levels on each of those 5 accounts -- will address weaknesses in the previous system- this system is currently being set up and I will explain it over the next 2 weeks and it will be ready soon

Comment

• And it's sad to me that you talk about "how my trading career will ONLY survive IF" .... like who are you to tell others when their career starts or finishes. Like sheesh, get a clue and get a life. Do something good with your time instead of raining on the parade of others eh.
                              Do you know I have another private high risk strategy that has earned $2000 USD in just 10 days on $5000 capital? No.
                              Do you know I have 23 fund clients and 12 trade copy subscribers to service? Guess not.
                              Do you know I have $55,000 USD of my own trading capital remaining to compound? Guess not.
                              Do you know I have 4 new Introductory Brokers who I have been speaking with over the last 2 weeks about them wanting to sell my strategy to Russians, Taiwanese, Chinese, and Eastern Europeans? Guess not.
                              These are just some of the irons in the fire over here.
                              What about you?

Comment

• Originally posted by OutsideTheBoxHK View Post
                                I've booked over 19% profit this month after the drawdown and you still can't point to the good.
                                19% booked profit doesn't mean that much if you are in a 13% dd atm, and 2 or 3 days back it was at 25% or something.

Originally posted by OutsideTheBoxHK View Post
                                And it's sad to me that you talk about "how my trading career will ONLY survive IF" .... like who are you to tell others when their career starts or finishes. Like sheesh, get a clue and get a life. Do something good with your time instead of raining on the parade of others eh.
                                Do you know I have another private high risk strategy that has earned $2000 USD in just 10 days on $5000 capital? No.
                                Do you know I have 23 fund clients and 12 trade copy subscribers to service? Guess not.
                                Do you know I have $55,000 USD of my own trading capital remaining to compound? Guess not.
                                Do you know I have 4 new Introductory Brokers who I have been speaking with over the last 2 weeks about them wanting to sell my strategy to Russians, Taiwanese, Chinese, and Eastern Europeans? Guess not.
                                These are just some of the irons in the fire over here.
                                What about you?
                                - Thats great, why do you only publish "bad" accounts, and never the succesfull ones? Would help your case a lot!
                                - Don't know that, cant check it, so i take it as a fact. But what is it you want to tell us with that? Many obvious high risk martingale systems have 10 times that many subscribers in no time, that doesn't really mean anything. People are greedy.
                                - Yes i know that, because you said it more than enough times already. Better put it on a savings account if you keep trading like you did in the last 3 month.
                                - Actually, i don't doubt that. They earn a ton of fees because of your high risk trading, but thats not a sign that you are a great trader. They dont care if customers make money, lose money or stay on breakeven, the want the fees. And with your frequent trades and big lot sizes you make them a lot of money.

You had half a million in investors money, thats great and all, i would be happy about that to be honest. But actually, thats still absolutely nothing in this business.
                                You are not a super star.

Maybe you can be a good trader, i don't know, at the moment you're simply not!

Comment

Working...
                                X