X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OutsideTheBoxHK
    replied
    Originally posted by Gunther View Post
    Removed the signal from Simple trader and myfxbook, did that have something to do with holding a 2.18 lot long on the EU from 1633? (33% DD), or constant run and losers?
    Darwinex shows the story.
    The link to this system is above in the trader's message.

Leave a comment:

• Gunther
    replied
    Removed the signal from Simple trader and myfxbook, did that have something to do with holding a 2.18 lot long on the EU from 1633? (33% DD), or constant run and losers?

Leave a comment:

• TalosFX
    replied
    I can agree with some, or even most of your points, but i still think that a monthly subscription fee is a bad idea.

The whole simpletrader platform only has like 100 paying members. So it is pretty obvious that this business model is far from being popular among investors. Darwinex + more control for investors would be great.

Leave a comment:

• OutsideTheBoxHK
    replied
    Originally posted by TalosFX View Post
    That's correct, and i failed to communicate it.

Strategy was optimized for Darwinex. As soon as we hit a new ATH, simpletrader support will most likely be canceled. Support on this forum will also stop, as both of these services are basically dead.

Average loss is still very close to 1% though.
    I don't mean to interrupt here, but pls let me correct you, business is very good here at SimpleTrader for some systems and traders.
    I think investors and subscribers are looking for something specific, and when a strategy provider hits that sweet spot for a certain group of investors then a good match is made.
    That's why I offer 3 different strategies and working on more.
    Darwinex is good too, but the competition for allocation capital is fierce there, as leverage has been cut due to ESMA, and a relatively young strategy will not get exposure to investors until you reach one of their special categories (ie above 50% overall return using their Risk Adjusted Returns). I have recently looked at your strategy there. Nice D Score at 58.1

My D Score has suffered a bit recently, as I used to be over 60, which is a good benchmark for where the talented traders begin is what I hear. My D Score is at 57.6 today.
    I love their detailed system of Investable Attributes (as they say). 10 categories of attributes for a system or trading style.
    Invest in BUX listed by OutsideTheBoxHK. Diversify your portfolio and invest in leading independent traders. FCA (UK) & CNMV (Spain) regulated FinTech.

I have found it to be a lot safer for investors who don't want to manage things day by day and not worry. But for those of us who want higher returns, it requires being able to zip in and out of trades, and I believe Darwinex's Risk Adjustment Management Software really diminishes returns for some strategies.
    My 21 month track record at Myfxbook had 245% absolute return, but Darwinex migrated my track record with only a 45% return using their Risk Adjusted methodology (10% Value at Risk target at all times). This basically means that if you want to increase risk for a short time or good confirmation of excellent opportunity (higher probability) that you can't do it with Darwinex and capture the normal returns that you would with any normal broker. I will continue with them because they have an excellent concept, have developed it excellently, have great regulation, and their investor base is very educated and experienced with Forex.

Leave a comment:

• TalosFX
    replied
    That's correct, and i failed to communicate it.

Strategy was optimized for Darwinex. As soon as we hit a new ATH, simpletrader support will most likely be canceled. Support on this forum will also stop, as both of these services are basically dead.

Average loss is still very close to 1% though.

Leave a comment:

• Gunther
    replied
    You cahamged your DD limit in the last week or so from 25 to 30. Also a lot of your trades seem to lose a lot more the average 1%. Before the changes where made maybe you should have informed your folllwers. As most will have to react to the chance after the fact instead of hacking the time to consider the risk etc before marking any changes.

Leave a comment:

• TalosFX
    replied
    The good times continue, TalosFX is at its full potential, and only 10 days after reaching 50%, my master account closed above 61.8%, so yet another milestone was reached

But please note that after such a winning streak, a dd is likely to happen sooner or later.

Happy trading

Leave a comment:

• TalosFX
    replied
    Thanks to the U.S., or Turkey, or whoever made the euro fall that much, i reached my second milestone for this year, the 50% profit mark (myfxbook)!

With this result, and no open orders, i think this will be a relaxing weekend for both me and my followers!

Happy trading

Nick Could you please check your PMs?
    Last edited by TalosFX; 08-10-2018, 06:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TalosFX
    replied
    This month ends with a 14.27% gain according to myfxbook, or a 5.72% gain on Darwinex.

It's my best perfoming month (myfxbook), and my 2nd best performance on Darwinex. For the first time i was also close to get a Darwinia prize (finished at #63 of 2000+ i guess), which is quite an achievement.

That's all, happy trading

Leave a comment:

• TalosFX
    replied
    Such a long time without posting anything.

Like always, there is not much to say, just trading business as usual.
    But today is a special day, because i reached my first personal milestone. My master account just closed above 38.2% performance for this year. Weird number, but as most of you should know, its one of the fibonacci levels we love so much, and i really like those too

Next stop: 50%!

My Darwin is also very close to a new all time high. And in 2018, it is performing better than all of the top10 most invested darwins.

Happy trading!
    Last edited by TalosFX; 07-19-2018, 11:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TalosFX
    replied
    Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
    What happened in the first week of May though? Shame to lose 2 months of profit in a week (that's obviously the main concern right now)
    Oh i'm not that concerned at the moment. It's just a losing streak, i hate it, it hurts, but happens from time to time.

What happened?
    Hard to tell, but actually nothing special. Just having a hard time with the current market conditions, especially news events in the last two weeks.
    Many smaller losses (15 or even 18 in a row i think...ouch), and no big winners, that's basically it.

May is not over yet, with 2 1/2 weeks to go, there is still plenty of time to recover. But i'm not forcing it, if the month ends with a loss, so be it, you can't allways win. Stay calm, keep a reasonable risk/money managment, and better times will come

Leave a comment:

• Big River Man
    replied
    Tough month so far. Going to be interesting t see how you recover. Can't fault your trading though. 15% profit this year with 15% drawdown. Not amazing but also not bad. You get that up to around 30% for the year and you'd have to be pretty happy with those returns.

What happened in the first week of May though? Shame to lose 2 months of profit in a week (that's obviously the main concern right now)

Leave a comment:

• TalosFX
    replied
    Hey everybody, welcome to my mostly useless and slightly late monthly post

Good news: I ended the month with a 2,35% profit and earned this cool little "Promising" badge on darwinex.

promising badge.png

Not so good news: It could've been a much better month, but the ECB and Mr. Draghi stepped in. Long story short, i thought the price on EUR/USD will test the low at ~1.215 (which it did), and reverse (which it also did), but the tables turned fast, and the only logical exit for me was the last swing low, located at quite a big distance.
    It was a big loss, but also nothing extraordinary, two good trades or 4 to 6 smaller wins are enough to recover it.
    Actually with todays profits, i'm already on a good path.

I've noticed that it was a tough month for other traders too, especially SteadyCapture and SatangFX. I hope that you'll recover soon, it's a win-win for everyone!
    And to all the followers/subscribers, remember that a drawdown every now and then is impossible to avoid. If you believe in a trader and his strategy it is a great opportunity to maximize your profits. Buy low - sell high! And on the other hand, if you have a bad feeling, wihtdraw your money, it's not worth it if you wake up in the middle of the night out of fear for your trading account to be blown.

Thanks @ nfx for posting this nice graph!

And yeah, i think that's it. Happy trading!

Leave a comment:

• nfx
    replied
    TalosFX - Your stats look good and I wish you well if you can maintain the numbers over time you would be investable.I took the averages from the Simpletrader results.
    Passed it through some random trade generator with your stats and it looks good.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

Leave a comment:

• Big River Man
    replied
    You should add a myfxbook as most people use that for analysis.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X