Jimmy's Personal Account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fabx View Post
    Jimmy I am still following at a lower risk admittedly but the losing streaks do play havoc with your emotions. Once you have set your risk setting you need to resist changing it until a new high is hit. Right now that is hard.
    Thanks for commenting on the down days and not just the good days.
    THIS so much. It's one of the reasons why he will succeed (well I should say continue to exceed). And yes Jimmy I may just sub now that you have had a tough day. Take the weekend to analyze.

Comment

Hmm, I have a different perspective. In the past year the EA hasn't done anything special... It has been moving between -10 and 0%, so if we consider fees for VPS and singals etc. the loss is even bigger. I would say the EA has underperformed the same as all the rest.

Your personal results are better, because you are rising risks and when you invested the market was in line with EA, so you banked nice profits, but now you would have been in same boat and probably scared as the rest of investors, who didn't make any profit from it. In August it will be 1 year since MAM was opened and we will see if EA can make profit for those 2 months, because currently it's at -13.5% https://www.myfxbook.com/members/atr...mam-bb/2206391

What is your paln if EA doesn't make any profits for 2 consecutive years? Will you keep trading it or close it? You need to look at the EA with 1x risk and no manual intervention. Your resluts are "lucky" with manual intervention and higher risk, so we cannot count that in...

Comment

The market has been difficult to trade for the past few months...even systems that worked well in the last few years like SteadyCapture suffered bad losses. I would say having just a -13.5% DD on the MAM account (which runs at moderate risk) is actually quite an achievement considering how many other systems have gone under since this August last year.

Also, with other systems it may take years to recover a DD of 20-30%, but SFE PA only requires a few good sessions to recover a DD like that - so a new equity high is still well within reach.

Statistically speaking, the more SFE PA trades, the more profit it will make. So I believe the fact that the growth has been stagnant for so many months would really indicate that a massive gain is coming soon.

Anyway, as always, time will tell.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by oportunis
            Hmm, I have a different perspective. In the past year the EA hasn't done anything special... It has been moving between -10 and 0%, so if we consider fees for VPS and singals etc. the loss is even bigger. I would say the EA has underperformed the same as all the rest.

Your personal results are better, because you are rising risks and when you invested the market was in line with EA, so you banked nice profits, but now you would have been in same boat and probably scared as the rest of investors, who didn't make any profit from it. In August it will be 1 year since MAM was opened and we will see if EA can make profit for those 2 months, because currently it's at -13.5% https://www.myfxbook.com/members/atr...mam-bb/2206391

What is your paln if EA doesn't make any profits for 2 consecutive years? Will you keep trading it or close it? You need to look at the EA with 1x risk and no manual intervention. Your resluts are "lucky" with manual intervention and higher risk, so we cannot count that in...
            I have to agree with opportunis here. You have been extremely lucky Jimmy with changing the multiplier. To really judge a system it should be at 1x risk. Considering the above myfxbook that opportunis posted the system you are using is average to say the least.

Maybe it needs optimising.

In it's current development I would stay away.

Good luck with your system.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dazz1975 View Post
              I have to agree with opportunis here. You have been extremely lucky Jimmy with changing the multiplier. To really judge a system it should be at 1x risk. Considering the above myfxbook that opportunis posted the system you are using is average to say the least.

Maybe it needs optimising.

In it's current development I would stay away.

Good luck with your system.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
              You really need a long term view on a system like SFE PA. I understand the graph for last 9 months looks mediocre, but most people are missing the bigger picture. Just take a look at these graphs:

From Aug 2017:
              SFE PA MAM.jpg

From Aug 2015:
              SFE PA.jpg

I personally believe another big gain is just around the corner, and I will now be running my Personal account at 350% Autolot High Risk until the next big gain comes.

Comment

Just an update on the potential new MAM running both SFE Price Action and Night Scalper:

I have received a reply from Joel the EA author and he actually has something else planned - he has 3 other unpublished systems that he is doing some final fine-tuning on, and will change the current SFE PA MAM at Blueberry Markets into a portfolio of several SFE EAs some time before the end of this year. He doesn't want to rush things and would like to make sure everything is perfect before he starts this new portfolio on the MAM account. This should be even better than the SFE PA + SFE NS combination because his other unpublished EAs will help diversify the risk and lower the DD.

He will provide more information when the time gets closer, but that's certainly something exciting to look forward to!

Comment

Hi Guys,

Just another quick update while we are still in DD.

It seems that the current market has been volatile enough to make SFE PA trade frequently, but unfortunately there just hasn't been enough momentum for those trades to run through stops and generate profits for us. Nevertheless, the levels at which SFE PA enter the trades are all important support/resistance levels, and that's why when the trades reverse they always seem to happen around the levels SFE PA entered those trades. I know this system really tests one's patience, but it will just be a matter of time before we get a day where all the trades go our way and bring the account back to equity high.

Also for those that say SFE PA is failing, please don't forget that the official account has just made a new equity high on 1st of May and the current DD that followed is not yet even over 10% (see the chart below). The loss on my Personal account is exaggerated because I use higher risks. I must admit I probably timed it wrong increasing the risk too early this time, as I thought there would be further gain to follow in May. However I do believe SFE PA will do well in June and July to overcome the current DD, as it has generally done quite well in those months.

I have now increased the risk on my Personal account to 400% Autolot High Risk (which means essentially trading my $25K account like a $100K account). As long as the official account doesn't breach the previous max DD of 22.28% (which only happened once in nearly 3 years), then my Personal account will be safe.

I know it's risky, but it's a risk that I am happy to take and I am sure SFE PA won't let me down.

sfe pa.jpg

Comment

Comment

good luck,

i dont know why you have not figured out that outbreak is counter traded by the bigger algos. barth is also getting killed with his pa approach.

my impulse is dead as well, the party is simply over.

one needs to adapt to the new reality before you give it all back.

Comment

Originally posted by reinerh View Post

good luck,

i dont know why you have not figured out that outbreak is counter traded by the bigger algos. barth is also getting killed with his pa approach.

my impulse is dead as well, the party is simply over.

one needs to adapt to the new reality before you give it all back.
                        Not all breakout EAs are the same, and I believe SFE PA is still the best among them given it just made a new equity high at the start of this month. The DD on the official account (running at low risk) is also just a bit ove 10% at present, which is very acceptable.

In fact, Joel has just made some comments about the recent performance a few days ago: https://www.mql5.com/en/market/produ...omment=7578185

Comment

Yes but you have 5x risk, so this is pure gambling. And I think we all know where this will end eventually. Maybe not now but it's gonna happen sooner or later... Luckily you had profitable years before and took most profit out before by "obeying" your wife, otherwise your whole raising risk approach would be entirely different now I hope that those who follow are not risking more thant they can afford to lose...

Comment

This mentality, not having any valid, logical, technical, or fundamental basis for when you increase your Risk Multiplier is like addictive gambling or playing a game at the circus.
                            I would agree with the others who have said that being lucky in the past does not bode well if you repeat this random behavior. I would especially not do this when you are not the one making the trades or making the trading decisions. Do people really invest in this signal when you are just copying it from someone else?
                            Best of luck, really, but this kind of rationale is what gives forex a bad reputation.

Comment

Originally posted by oportunis View Post
                              Yes but you have 5x risk, so this is pure gambling. And I think we all know where this will end eventually. Maybe not now but it's gonna happen sooner or later... Luckily you had profitable years before and took most profit out before by "obeying" your wife, otherwise your whole raising risk approach would be entirely different now I hope that those who follow are not risking more thant they can afford to lose...
                              Yes my wife is now in the "I told you so" mode again, for not withdrawing some money at the start of this month...

Anyway, I know SFE PA will eventually recover, but it's just a matter of when...I hope it will be sooner than later.

Comment

Originally posted by OutsideTheBoxHK View Post

This mentality, not having any valid, logical, technical, or fundamental basis for when you increase your Risk Multiplier is like addictive gambling or playing a game at the circus.
                                I would agree with the others who have said that being lucky in the past does not bode well if you repeat this random behavior. I would especially not do this when you are not the one making the trades or making the trading decisions. Do people really invest in this signal when you are just copying it from someone else?
                                Best of luck, really, but this kind of rationale is what gives forex a bad reputation.
                                There is another signal that just runs SFE PA at 1x Risk at all the time, but I think most people just find it boring: https://www.myfxbook.com/members/jim...t-high/2188821

This signal is copying my own Personal account and I have already made it clear in the past that my approach is risky, and I know that. I may have been lucky but that's how it worked for me.

I had asked for the vendor's approval before I published my Personal account as a signal here as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X