Jimmy's Personal Account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OutsideTheBoxHK View Post

This mentality, not having any valid, logical, technical, or fundamental basis for when you increase your Risk Multiplier
    Also I do have a valid reason for increasing the risk multiplier, and that is based on the statistical fact that the more trades SFE PA take, the higher the expected return will be. SFE PA will always recover in the long term, but you just need to have good risk management and enough capital to last until then...

Comment

when an algo is so clearly countertraded by the banks then why not give it a rest. its not that sfe is a bad ea, its just not its time in the sun.

one simply cant fight the goldmans of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by reinerh View Post
        when an algo is so clearly countertraded by the banks then why not give it a rest. its not that sfe is a bad ea, its just not its time in the sun.

Comment

Originally posted by reinerh View Post

Comment

Since you advocate SFE, putting your signal account at risk of margin call may mislead those who does not have background to think SFE is bad EA.

Comment

Originally posted by ktyong@yahoo.com View Post
              Since you advocate SFE, putting your signal account at risk of margin call may mislead those who does not have background to think SFE is bad EA.

Comment

Good luck in June Jimmy!!! I am rooting for ya as I want to see the adventure continue!!!

Waaaay too stressful for me though haha!

Comment

And we got the result. This is what I was surely anticipating when a higher Risk Multiplier is used seemingly at random or with emotion or "hopium", not analysis and Money Management. This account made good on its bets last year, then withdrew the proceeds, and now taking more unwarranted risk with much smaller account and much less on the line.
                  Nearing 73% drawdown.
                  Not a good way to trade when you have over $10,000 AUD still on the line. Not good for trade copiers and not good for PAMM fund clients.

JimmyPersonal.JPG

Comment

That's just the way I decide to run my Personal account, and I think unfortunately I got the timing wrong this time.

I have essentially been trading my Personal account as a $100K account since the start of May, when the account was about $41K. The account is now $13K, representing a $28K loss which would be equivalent to a 28% DD on a $100K account. The highest DD on the other SFE Autolot High Risk Signal account was 32.53% before it made another new high, and I don't expect that DD be breached again soon, but I may have to swallow my words if all the high impact news this week still fail to generate any meaningful breakouts...

Comment

You have played it well Jimmy. You have withdrawn more than you have deposited. Certainly a ballsy move the way you have gambled.

Even though it has been tough times at present, you can at least say you made some money out of this game.

Not sure long term your plan would work. But for some fast money you have to be happy.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Comment

So, looks like the party is over. The EA has obviously shown that it is not working under the market conditions during last 12 months.
                        2016 was exceptional with 7 terrific months ranging from 8% to 30% at 1X
                        2017 had 1 exceptional month, but from August of that year and onwards it has been pretty much shit.

Looking from this point it seems to be rather hopeless unless there is a couple of months like the 2016 heydays coming up...
                        And a scenario like that seems to be highly unlikely considering the last 12 months performance.

But for sure, i hope i am wrong!
                        Last edited by Flexable; 06-13-2018, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Oh man, this sucks, after reaching close to new highs it just came crashing down. At least you were able to withdraw quite some money out of it. you showed it's possible to earn something in this market.

That said, the original EA without any changes is not doing that bad, I mean it's gone nowhere but it's actually still in profit:
                          Last edited by reaper_unique; 06-13-2018, 08:44 PM.

Comment

I'm not following this very closely but it was my understanding that this is the official account?

If it is then it's doing just fine for an automated system. If you leave it alone. I'm not against interventions at all but just increasing risk based on nothing but a streak of losses by as much as Jimmy did on his own account was not going to work indefinitely.

Comment

The countertrend and flash reversals is so strong lately causing these zigzag movements and our losses. I wonder why that is. Cash rates seems to have stabilised globally and doesn't seem like anyone will move from this low rates for a while

Comment

Yeah I am not sure what the market is up to nowadays - even with a hawkish FOMC statement last night, the USD strength still reversed...

I simply didn't expect SFE PA to hit another new max DD straight after the recent equity high at the start of May, that's why I increased the risk and now I am paying the price for it.

There is still some wiggle room on my Personal account before a margin call, so I certainly hope the DD can be capped here. However if the market does decide to bring an end to my Personal account, then I will just have to learn the lesson and never use increased risk again on the funds that I have left sitting in the Signal account...

Comment

Working...
                                X