No announcement yet.

High memory usage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys, are you positive there is no memory leaking with the new copier v2? Last 2 days I'm again seeing increasing memory usage from my terminal with simpletrader copier attached.

Comment

Build 625? Or something else
      I checked it on previous build and it was fine, didn't check it on 625 yet

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Okda View Post
        Build 625? Or something else
        I checked it on previous build and it was fine, didn't check it on 625 yet

No, 610. It was OK up until last few days. I have a suspicion it's slightly related to the number of trades it handles. But can't confirm it. At least that's what it seemed like before with the old version. With v2 this is the first time I noticed and again I have quite a few trades going on.

Comment

Originally posted by primi View Post
          Guys, are you positive there is no memory leaking with the new copier v2? Last 2 days I'm again seeing increasing memory usage from my terminal with simpletrader copier attached.
          primi, uninstall that MT4 platform and reinstall it again into different folder.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel View Post
            primi, uninstall that MT4 platform and reinstall it again into different folder.
            It was a fresh install after upgrading to build 610 screwed my folders, templates, profiles, everything. It's about 2 weeks old. You think it would help?

Comment

Daniel, I'll noticed a memory leak on my platform also since upgrading to V2.0 EA Simpletrader. I'm using build 610 on Axitrader. CNS VPS, Windows 2012R2. Reinstalling MT4 does not resolve the issue. I'm currently restarting my MT4 every 3 days. The memory creep is slow but it is there.

I'm not using any other EA's with my MT4.

Comment

Originally posted by alazarus View Post
                Daniel, I'll noticed a memory leak on my platform also since upgrading to V2.0 EA Simpletrader. I'm using build 610 on Axitrader. CNS VPS, Windows 2012R2. Reinstalling MT4 does not resolve the issue. I'm currently restarting my MT4 every 3 days. The memory creep is slow but it is there.

I'm not using any other EA's with my MT4.
                Did you do complete uninstall MT4 and then reinstalled it to the different folder?

Comment

Yes, even with a complete reinstall to a different folder I still get growing memory usage. I dunno if build 625 resolves this issue or whether the simpletrader EA 2.0 has a memory leak. Axi hasn't released the 625 build yet.

Did you do complete uninstall MT4 and then reinstalled it to the different folder?

Comment

Originally posted by alazarus View Post
                    Yes, even with a complete reinstall to a different folder I still get growing memory usage. I dunno if build 625 resolves this issue or whether the simpletrader EA 2.0 has a memory leak. Axi hasn't released the 625 build yet.
                    Last few days suddenly high memory usage again. Have restarted yesterday because it went up to 166 MB and I just received another warning so it went back up to that number in a little bit less than a day.

Comment

I've been running the EA since I coded it - so I think i'm up to aqbout 3 months now and still low mem so I honestly don't know what you are seeing.

Previously MQL4 had no way of doing infinite loops so this is why mem crept up - but now there are no infinite loops and it destroys everything on every loop so I have no idea how you could be seeing a mem issue from the EA to be honest.

Could be something else?

Comment

Originally posted by WillT View Post
                        I've been running the EA since I coded it - so I think i'm up to aqbout 3 months now and still low mem so I honestly don't know what you are seeing.

Previously MQL4 had no way of doing infinite loops so this is why mem crept up - but now there are no infinite loops and it destroys everything on every loop so I have no idea how you could be seeing a mem issue from the EA to be honest.

Could be something else?
                        I don't think so. It's always only this particular terminal that I'm running Simpletrader copier on.

Comment

primi, i always decrease the number of bars in history to 100 as shown in attached image , i advise you to do so if you hadn't , also how many windows of pairs are opened , only one for the ST ea or you have others opened for example for myfxbook ?
                          also i remove everything from the charts to try and reduce the memory and cpu usage as much as i can
                          i am running 3 EA on this terminal as you can see and usage is 43MB of ram only,
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Okda View Post
                            primi, i always decrease the number of bars in history to 100 as shown in attached image , i advise you to do so if you hadn't , also how many windows of pairs are opened , only one for the ST ea or you have others opened for example for myfxbook ?
                            also i remove everything from the charts to try and reduce the memory and cpu usage as much as i can
                            i am running 3 EA on this terminal as you can see and usage is 43MB of ram only,
                            I have bars reduced yeah, then there is myfxbook and MT4i publisher for monitoring on my desktop at home. But I have that with every other terminal as well that's running on my VPS and so I can only conclude that it must be Simpletrader related. Because everything else is the same. There is nothing on the charts, just price.

Comment

Do you have debug enabled by mistake? Inside the St ea settings

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, I didn't read the whole thread and just trying to brainstorm with you

Comment

Debug wouldn't cause any issue as it just prints more info.

Comment

Working...
                                X