No announcement yet.

Build 574 - NEW TRADE COPIER 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm afraid they changed a bunch of code that required recoding of EA's with external DLL's. So 1.91 simply won't work on the new MT4.

Thanks.

Comment

Wall Street Replied to my query about the new build:

"You should not worry about that. Our developers will adapt the robot to the new MT4 terminal's build. As we know the new build will support the old expert advisors. We recommend you to keep your current build and don't update if it is not necessary."

FWIW

Cheers,
      Rod

Comment

I have sent an email to Jeremy at Global Prime about this issue. He is gone until 28th so I forwarded to 2 of his other people. Will advise on their response.

I did a chat with IC Markets. Astonishingly they told me that they have NO control over when new MT4 builds are pushed to us.

Cheers,
        Rod

Comment

For anyone who is really interested in the new build:

And a statement is at the top of that Forum that says this is to be released on Feb 3. Strange because on this Forum a user reported that Armada had already pushed the new build to him. Perhaps with all the real and potential problems they are now delaying it.

Cheers,
          Rod

Comment

3rd Feb would be incredibly stupid from Metaquotes because thats definatly a Monday.

I can't actually see that statement - where is it said Rod?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by WillT View Post
              3rd Feb would be incredibly stupid from Metaquotes because thats definatly a Monday.

I can't actually see that statement - where is it said Rod?

Thanks.
              Go to post #19 here. Click on the link I gave. It's in a big red tag at the top of the page. Please let me know if that works ok for you.

Cheers,
              Rod

Comment

Pepperstone updated the MT4 to build 577

my data folder is still the same like old MT4 inside Program files !!!!!
                did they cancel the new data folder thing from build 574 and revert to the older setup in build 577 ?

Comment

Originally posted by Okda View Post
                  Pepperstone updated the MT4 to build 577

my data folder is still the same like old MT4 inside Program files !!!!!
                  did they cancel the new data folder thing from build 574 and revert to the older setup in build 577 ?
                  Yes, it looks like they might have fixed the ability for old EA's to run on the new build.

We'll let you know once we've got full confirmation, as usual, metaquotes have left everyone in the dark.
                  Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

What a ****ing shambles Metaquotes are. Damn.

OK so how do I know what mt4 build I am on currently? I mean where can I see that?

I restarted my Axi Account and that seems to not have changed yet btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
                      What a ****ing shambles Metaquotes are. Damn.

OK so how do I know what mt4 build I am on currently? I mean where can I see that?

I restarted my Axi Account and that seems to not have changed yet btw.
                      Hi BRM,

In your MT4 terminal go to the Help tab then click on "About" there you will be able to see what build you currently are running...

Cheers,
                      Mario.Capture.PNG

Comment

Having run ST V2.0 for a couple of days now it looks like the new MT4 version along with the new ST version works very nicely indeed. Even getting positive slippage on nearly all trades now! Great work guys!

Comment

what about ram usage ? it should be much less now, kindly confirm that

also please state your broker

Comment

I'm running 1 MT4 terminal with SimpleTrader V2.0 and 2 other EAs. RAM usage is at 700MB but was closer to 800-850MB before the update.

I'm with IC Markets but forced the update using the metaquotes demo server

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Okda View Post
                              what about ram usage ? it should be much less now, kindly confirm that

also please state your broker
                              There is zero memory leakage in version 2.0 due to new ways of iteration in MT4.

Comment

i have just updated my two terminals with FxOpen & Pepperstone manually using MT4 demo server and loaded v2 ea
                                i can confirm that memory usage is indeed very stable and not increasing by time like before

Comment

Working...
                                X