Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• timo
    replied
    Awesome. I'll do it today or tomorrow Nick.

Is there a IB number or specific name I need to give them? Or just tell them Nick @ thinkhuge sent me!

Timo

Leave a comment:

• Nick
    replied
    Originally posted by timo View Post
    Got it! I'm still keen to try cTrader though some day, just from a new gadget perspective only.

I didn't know you were an IB for IC Markets?

I'd be more than happy to switch over from HFT to your IB.

I'd prefer you to get the IB income to support your network here.

Is it $5.50 per r/t? Send me the deets!

I think I can just request IC Markets support to switch IBs without closing/opening accounts.
    Thanks Timo,

Yes, that's right. You can move across your existing account by contacting IC Markets directly.

Please email me once you've done it so I can confirm your account is on the same discounted rate.

Thanks for the support!

Nick

Leave a comment:

• timo
    replied
    Originally posted by Nick View Post
    Hi Timo,

Please remember that we'll match any rebate you're offered by another provider, in return we'll be able to use the income to continue building this community.

The issue with cTrader is that they charge the broker based on volume. The license is free (I believe) but every trade has a commission attached. Conversely, Metaquotes only charge a yearly license fee that is completely unrelated to volume.

That's why it's more expensive to use cTrader.
    Got it! I'm still keen to try cTrader though some day, just from a new gadget perspective only.

I didn't know you were an IB for IC Markets?

I'd be more than happy to switch over from HFT to your IB.

I'd prefer you to get the IB income to support your network here.

Is it $5.50 per r/t? Send me the deets!

I think I can just request IC Markets support to switch IBs without closing/opening accounts.

Leave a comment:

• Nick
    replied
    Hmm, that is a bit on the pricey side. I might check with HFT and see what the latest rate is ...
    Hi Timo,

Please remember that we'll match any rebate you're offered by another provider, in return we'll be able to use the income to continue building this community.

The issue with cTrader is that they charge the broker based on volume. The license is free (I believe) but every trade has a commission attached. Conversely, Metaquotes only charge a yearly license fee that is completely unrelated to volume.

That's why it's more expensive to use cTrader.

Leave a comment:

• timo
    replied
    Hmm, that is a bit on the pricey side. I might check with HFT and see what the latest rate is ...

Leave a comment:

• pearcey2
    replied
    Even after using an IB like hft it would be around $7+ per rt

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• timo
    replied
    Whats the current cTrader commission rate at IC Markets pearcey2?

Is it still $6 per r/t?

I wonder if there are any IB schemes in place for cTrader? e.g. HFT group etc.

Leave a comment:

• pearcey2
    replied
    Hi Will,

What's the latest on the cTrader action?

Since ICMarkets have their cTrader server in the UK, would you be expecting a pretty decent connection to them?

I wonder if those negative spreads do exist on cTrader as ICMarkets like to advertise

Timo
    I've had a chat with IC Markets about ctrader and even though execution may be slightly better I doubt of it will make up for the higher commission on the ctrader platform.
    I think a solid VPS and a good broker on mt4 is the best we can do

Leave a comment:

• timo
    replied
    Hi Will,

What's the latest on the cTrader action?

Since ICMarkets have their cTrader server in the UK, would you be expecting a pretty decent connection to them?

I wonder if those negative spreads do exist on cTrader as ICMarkets like to advertise

Timo

Leave a comment:

• Trisha
    replied
    Thank you Okda and Big River Man.
    Trisha

Leave a comment:

• Big River Man
    replied
    I.e. press the green button that says live help

Leave a comment:

• Okda
    replied
    The best thing to do is to contact support, they will guide you and even install it for you if you wish
    Support here is very good

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Trisha
    replied
    This is a question. I've been trading forex for a few years, but am not as tech savvy as some. i.e., I would like to try/subscribe to some of the signals, like Smart Trader, Trade Alerter, etc., but I don't know how to install the trade copier to my computer. Can it work with any broker? (I have an account with fxcm - I'm based in the U.S.) Is it difficult to install?
    Thanks for any help/answers.
    Tricia

Leave a comment:

• WillT
    replied
    We are still working to get ctrader direct connect working.

Leave a comment:

• VictorTous
    replied
    Good article about it:
    http://mechanicalforex.com/2014/02/d...nical+Forex%29

Source:
    http://www.donnaforex.com/forum/index.php?topic=12263

I wish more brokers offered the following platforms:
    http://protrader.com/?gclid=CP-ryJv9urwCFeJj7AodNyMAOA
    http://www.spotware.com/products/cli...ations/ctrader

Leave a comment:

Working...