Discussion about problems with the new release of Metatrader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discussion about problems with the new release of Metatrader

Am I really the only one having problems after upgrade to the new version of Metatrader?
    This applies to Direct Connection and EA 2.0 with MT4 version 610.

1. When using direct connection I often get strange delays of a couple of minutes.
    That is critical for scalping signals like Viper or High return.

2. When using Simpletrader EA 2.0 it always looses connection after some time
    and I am not able to exit MT4. I have to kill it via taskmanager or some other tool.

Anybody having the same or other problems?

You aren't the only one I don't think but it seems a very very small minority are being effected. Good old metatrader breaking life again..

I upgraded my MT4 terminals when the first release came out, and haven't touched them since (many weeks ago now) and they have been sat connected since.

Comment

Originally posted by WillT View Post
      You aren't the only one I don't think but it seems a very very small minority are being effected. Good old metatrader breaking life again..

I upgraded my MT4 terminals when the first release came out, and haven't touched them since (many weeks ago now) and they have been sat connected since.
      That is why you could not verify my below mentioned problem as your connection seems to be 100% stable.
      I now might easily verify that the new tradecopier EA 2.0 has problems to reconnect.
      In case it does not reconnect at all as far as I can see.
      The first occurrence was due to the fact that my VPS provider had some internet connection issues for quite some time.
      I can see within my message logs that tradecopier lost connection and never reconnected again.
      Additionally I am then not able to exit my MT4 terminal. I only might kill it via task manager. Thus I assume that the tradecopier
      runs into an endless loop when trying to reconnect.

As I have setup a test environment on a notebook at home I am now able to always produce this error as there are
      normally some reconnects each day. My internet connection is not 100% stable.

By the way: Tradecopier 1.72 is working perfectly with MT4 version 610 and there are no problems with reconnects.
      Last edited by Jrot; 02-28-2014, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Jrot,

We have had users with intermittent disconnection issues (see blog.simpletrader.net) but all were resolved by updating to build 610 and EAv2, so your problem is a head scratcher.

As discussed on support, we have offered to host your MT4 on our VPS for a few weeks to try and recreate this issue you have. It is hard to know where the issue lies until we do this, as it could be something on your own VPS or setup. A home based test is not really a way of proving anything, as home based internet connections are rarely 100% stable.

I would urge you NOT to use the old EA on build 610, it may 'work' but it will likely fully crash the terminal which could be a lot worse

Comment

Hi Phillip,

Using your VPS makes no sense as the connection will be 100% stable and the problem will not occur.
          I am happy with 1.72 as it works stable for 2 days now and I will switch back from 0.01 lotsize to standard.
          Does it help to enable logging and let the EA 2.0 crash? Will the log give you some info?
          Last edited by Jrot; 02-28-2014, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Jrot,

Sorry man, but I do not get your logic here. If you are confident that using our VPS will be 100% stable, would that not mean you believe the issue is to do with your particular setup? Correct me if I am missing the point.

While we are on the topic, I received another reply from a user a few hours ago who also suffered from intermittent disconnections. They were replying to confirm that everything has been perfect since they updated to the latest build and EA.

Its your call if you choose to use 1.72. I can't make you use the latest one but I have done my bit to warn you of the possible issues that could result from it.

I can only conclude the issue lies on your VPS, as to what I do not know but we have no chance of getting to the bottom of it without access to your VPS. If you could re-engage support and let us get this resolved it would be great. I still would like to run the test on our VPS but you seem to have your own ideas, so I cant make you.

Hopefully you can help us, help you.

Phillip

Comment

Working...
            X