No announcement yet.

BETA Testers for new Simpletrader Interface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy to beta test Will ... I'm pretty handy at breaking my own code ...

Comment

Hey guys - I gave you all beta test hoping for some feedback

Comment

Haha Will,

I think the reason is because everything seems to work extremely well!

I think it would be very neat to be able to custom the dashboard a bit. Perhaps getting to choose if we want to see our signals, message overview, news perhaps, or most recent comments.

The only thing I don't like is how going into the control panel completely removes you from the main website. I would personally like the look and feel of the mainpage to stay, or adapt the mainpage to the look of the control panel, so I still have access to the wiki, blog, and how it works pages. (I hope you follow me) This is definitely a personal preference of mine and not required at all.

Would love a function that pops up in the control panel (perhaps even an email notification) that tells me when a new ST Receiver is updated. Big red boxes always catch my eye. Moreso if they have dashed red borders ;p

What exactly is the 'new items' that appears on the main page? I can't figure it out.

Another thing that throws me off is that Live Help is the only inactive button that is colored. Instead, have it grey like everything else with a red offline stamp, orange busy stamp, or green online stamp overtop of it. Having the guy color in when you hover over the button like all the other buttons.

Hope that is good enough, quite frankly if you release this tomorrow it is more than polished enough to work and be accepted by all. So no worries there.

Cheers,
        David

Comment

Thanks for the extended info there David - much appreciated.

To answer a few of the questions - the reason its less like the website is simply because it has to act like a control panel as we have so much functionality so to keep the same look and feel is almost impossible. This is also designed to work on mobiles so you can easily browse from your phone.

new items? What page is that on?

The live help is going to be slightyl better than it is now, and slowly adapt into a way of users being able to troubleshoot their issues without needing to contact our support staff. This will help us control the amount of support we get which will leave us to focus on developing more and more functionality.

Few new extra products will be being added to the left side in the next few days as well. We've been developing a few extra features that we really believe will benefit our users.

Comment

Hey Will,
            Does this new design affect the Connection to the EA 2.0, I would almost ask to join but I'm afraid if there is a bug it will affect the trades. Is this a chance of that or not?

Comment

Hi Eric,

For the time being I've got enough testers to try and contact but thanks for the offer.

It doesn't effect the copier though, this is just a change in the interface.

Comment

Hi I'm not a beta tester but I would love to be able to see my risk settings for each signal on the main control panel page if possible!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Where abouts would you like that ? On the dashboard or in the "My signals" page?

Comment

In the my signals page

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Will,
                      Can you please look into that idea?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by WillT View Post
                        Where abouts would you like that ? On the dashboard or in the "My signals" page?
                        I want that too mate, good idea, it's slightly annoying having to go through and check. I mean first world problem and all, but it would make the interface better for sure. obviously if it were to state lot or risk and the multiple

Comment

Originally posted by Okda View Post
                          Will,
                          Can you please look into that idea?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
                          any feedback please ?

Comment

Feedback received. Its been a long bank holiday over here so only back in office today.

The money management is on the beta control panel.

Comment

Will - I've had a play around and my first impressions are that its easy to use and still feels familiar to the current site - so still easy to navigate.

One thing i don't quite get though is the dashboard which doesn't really do much for me - It would be good if you could incorporate all of the info in the right hand panel into the dashboard as this is the sort of info that I would expect to see on a home page/dashboard.

Also I like graphs and charts... so maybe some better info on account performance at a glance on the front/dashboard page - I guess this dips into the analytic package but i am sure a history chart from the activity log of each account is possible?

also a 'my signals' an 'enter Trading room' and 'forum' icon on the left hand side for quick access ?

Comment

Ideas as to what to put in the dashboard bit where its all grey would be appreciated

I've added a few extra bits onto the dashboard, but need more

I want to put a graph there, but I have no idea what to graph... There isn't anything of any real use to graph

Comment

Working...
                                X