• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with ST servers today?

Discussion on Viper thread but seems to have affected other signals:

Originally posted by WhiteApe View Post
    Discussion on Viper thread but seems to have affected other signals:

http://www.forexsignals.com/forum/sh...1365#post11365
    Yes, we are aware of the problem and we will fix that as soon as possible.

Comment

Now it seems it is back ok.

Comment

was it an attack on the servers ?

Comment

Originally posted by Okda View Post
          was it an attack on the servers ?
          No, absolutely not.

The number of connections on our network have grown by 40% in the past week. As a result they're becoming overloaded.

New servers are ready to be installed, however we need to wait for the market to close before we can configure them.
          Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

Well, that's good news for Business growth Nick - well done!

40% in one week. Thats some crazy good uptake.

Phillip advised me on chat that Will is working around the clock to resolve the issue, and we all thank him profusely for this.

If there is anything any of us can do to assist just let us know. It's in all of our interests to have the signal copier as solid (moar solid?) as a rock.

Please throw as many blazingly fast servers at the problem as possible!!

Also - this is a separate suggestion. If this could be achieved without adding any overhead to the signal copying process, it would be extremely useful to have the ability to see the time delay between the trader -> signal copier and/or between signal copier -> my vps and/or between my vps -> broker.

At the moment we just have 'closure time' and 'slippage', but this could be anywhere between the trader and the broker, where there are a number of stops.

Take last nights issue for example, I initially thought it was either the trader himself who was closing trades during a massive liquidity spike, or the broker was overloaded and couldn't close trades in an acceptable time. It never occurred to me the issue could be the signal copier. But if there was an extra column or two in the analyitics page or history page, then I could have seen at a glance that the issue was actually from the ST server / signal copier, and not the trader or the broker.

I think another thing you/we might need is a status page. Like what web hosts have. This should be our first port of call when an issues arises, so we quickly view the status page - you might put up a notice 'temporary load on signal copier, to be resolved in 5min'.

Between these 2 things it might save you a few hundred support tickets?

Comment

Is the copier playing up again at the moment?

If anyone is running SiamFX - you should check your open trades ASAP.

I just noticed that 8 trades closed about half an hour ago on the master that appear to have not closed on my account.

So could be just me, or everyone ... just a heads up

* Edit * - False alarm. It was just the Control Panel not updating for a while. Didn't mean to scare anyone
              Last edited by timo; 05-29-2014, 04:20 AM.

Comment

I wonder how the weekend hardware upgrade went. I am currently unable to connect to the copier server at market open

Comment

I wonder too. Have been getting disconnects. Will contact support.

Cheers,
                  Rod

Comment

now connected - hope its stable

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteApe View Post
                      I wonder how the weekend hardware upgrade went. I am currently unable to connect to the copier server at market open
                      Hi Whiteape,

It didn't go well. We spent the entire weekend working on the update after also spending a huge amount of money on the new hardware, however it's not configuring correctly.

That's why you guys experienced a disconnection earlier. Everyone should be back online at this point.

I'll post again once I know more.

Comment

Here's the answer from Brandon at Live Chat: "We apologize. Development is working on the issue and will be done soon hopefully."

Comment

Ok, everything is back online.

Our upgrades didn't go as well as we hoped, we spent the entire weekend (and a big bucket of money) installing new hardware only to have some fairly large issues with the configuration once we plugged it all in.

It's not a linear upgrade, a layman expectation is that we can just buy more hardware, plug it in and our system is more robust. However a better analogy would be to compare our system to a petrol engine. There are dozens of variables that depend on each other to work efficiently. Just because you install a larger exhaust doesn't translate into a more powerful engine unless everything else is the motor is also configured and installed to provide the additional power.

So you can think of our system as an engine - with no instruction manual (nobody is doing what we're doing).

I'm extremely fortunate to be working with a gentleman that has the talent, expertise and work ethic to solve these problems. Give it up for Will!

You guys get all hot and sweaty over FX Viper, but WillT is just as talented, just with a different set of skills.

Comment

Thanks Nick & Will,

We appreciate it x1000

And better to be safe than sorry. I'm sure new subs won't mind waiting a few days extra if it means a more robust platform.

The trade copier is worth it's weight in gold now I'm sure ...

How about some saucy pics of the new hardware when you're done?

Comment

Yes i couldn't agree more, we are very fortunate to have such a talented och dedicated guy on the team.
                              Always helpful and very skilled!
                              Thanks Will for your hard work, we all appreciate it

Comment

Working...
                              X