Problem with ST servers today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Nick,
    You say the change in server performance occured after you "obtained a new client that attached a significant number of connections".
    If you were to detach these new connections does the problem resolve? i.e. back to square one.
    Then, if that does work, could you not attach all the new connections to a different box and just have one connection to the old server?
    Or, does it not work like that?
    Cheers, Jeff.

Comment

Hey guys, I also posted this on the viper thread, but figured it made more sense here:

The occasional delays you're experiencing are a result of our sever issues. The VPS makes no difference.

Every once in a while the copier servers fall out of sync a second or two, if this happens on your EA server (we have 10 different EA servers) at the wrong time you might be delayed by a second or two.

These experts we've just hired from MySQL are about to charge us $20k+ in an attempt to get to the bottom of this incredibly confusing, perplexing issue.

Your accounts might get an occasional small delay until we can work out how to fix the problem. The best case scenario is early next week.

Sorry guys, we're doing everything we can.
      Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

Execution times were MUCH quicker for me today. 1-1.5secs seconds usually compared with 3-5+ secs for the last week or two.

Has the issue been resolved yet? Or just luck?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by pearcey2 View Post
          Execution times were MUCH quicker for me today. 1-1.5secs seconds usually compared with 3-5+ secs for the last week or two.

Hi Pearcey,

It looks like we've fixed it. We kept it quiet due to the repeated false starts recently.

We're working all weekend to roll the update across the entire network.

Thanks for all your patience.
          Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by pearcey2 View Post

where are you finding this info?

Comment

Originally posted by dupapa View Post
              where are you finding this info?
              Go to view activity in your control panel

Comment

Doesn't he need to subscribe to the analytic package?

Or the execution time is shown by default?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like simpletrader.net is down and the EA is saying:
                  "We have either been unable to find any valid signals or unable to connect to the copier server".
                  Anyone experiencing the same?

Comment

Originally posted by Anton123 View Post
                    "We have either been unable to find any valid signals or unable to connect to the copier server".
                    See here:

Comment

Originally posted by Anton123 View Post
                      Will made a blog post yesterday that they will be doing server work this weekend.

"We are doing a massive network upgrade to increase redundancy. During this we will be rebooting some of our core webservers and some of the copier servers. You will notice your EA disconnects multiple times throughout the day on Saturday, but nothing to be concerned about. It should auto reconnect.

Everything will be back and running on Sunday so just check you have a connection on your Metatrader/cTrader account.

This upgrade is giving us multi redundant routes from our core switches incase of core router failure. We are also running direct fibres between 2 datacentres to our racks to give better redundancy."

Link to blog: http://blog.simpletrader.net/mainten...eptember-2014/

Cheers,
                      Rod

Comment

Yea don't panic guys - this is all good. Just doing some major works on the network and some of the main servers. We will be fully back up in a few hours.

Comment

Working...
                        X