cTrader EA Beta Release - Available to all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Will,
    Is the ctrader receiver going to be available for managed hosting? I am currently using MT4 hosting but wanted to eventually switch to a ctrader account in the future - will this be implemented?
    with thanks.

Comment

I'm afraid at the minute its not possible. Calgo install doesn't install individual installs but 1 install that you can run multiple times. Its a really stupid way of doing it and we've already spoken with spotware about this but to change it to individual insatlls would be a major effort which I can't imagine they are going to under take.

So right now - not something we can even offer

Comment

Thanks for clarifying Will. Bit of a shame - but as you said totally out of your hands. Just really like the concept of managed hosting for signals running on one account. I seem to get pretty good execution too
        cheers,

Comment

I am lost regarding the question. Can I run ctrader ic market with stvps and the ctrader copier

Comment

@dazz1975 Running ctrader copier on your own VPS at stvps will work. I don't have a VPS as i'm on 'managed hosting' which is available in the forexsignals.com control panel, but i cannot run ctrader copier on this setup as it uses MT4 only.
            I was thinking about switching to ctrader (i'm also with icmarkets) as both the simpletrader server and icmarkets trading server will be UK based so less latency.

Comment

We have removed cTrader from the public - please do not run cTrader until a fix has been made.

Problem
              cTrader has changed the volume amounts on different pairs. For example a 0.01 on EURUSD is 1000 volume in cTrader, however GOLD is now "10oz" for a 0.01

The differences in volume is ridiculous and should be consistent throughout - as if not we have to hard code each currency with a different volume. This is unrealistic as if they release another symbol, we could potentially have a dangerous EA capable of trading incorrect volume.

I'm having a word with Spotware right now, and they seem to half agree that its not right doing it this way. Apparently they are releasing "lots" in about a month - so unless they can come up with another fix, then we will probably not be able to offer cTrader until this has been released from them.

Sorry about this guys, out of my control - it's made me pretty mad.

Comment

Hi WillT. Is there anymore progress with CTrader copier?

Personally I would like to use ctrader as IC markets ctrader server is in UK so my thinking is that copier execution times would be quicker therefore less chance of large slippages.

Cheers
                Darren

Comment

Hi. It will be released at the end of January inline with some big mt ea updates

Comment

Hi Will,

good to hear that this issue is under surveillance.

Many thanks for the good work and that you sleep with one eye open on this.
                    ESG
                    Originally posted by WillT View Post
                    Hi. It will be released at the end of January inline with some big mt ea updates

Comment

Are there any chance of using ctrader to ctrader through your trade copier? Signal master with cTrader and use your network copier to send to cTrader slave account?

Comment

I'm afraid currently ctrader is very much on the backburner while we address all existing projects with MT4 and statistics.

Once that is sorted, we will be straight back on cTrader.

Comment

Are you able to work on the cTrader platform connection yet?

Comment

I'm afraid not - we are working heavily on making MT4 integration as good as it can be. Once we are happy with what we've achieved rolling out ctrader and other platforms will be easier.

For now, I'm not even going to put a timescale on it, however in the last month we've had some huge leaps forward on the Simpletrader platform in terms of stats and new social stuff.

A lot of it is being rolled out over the last week and the next coming week.

Comment

Working...
                            X