cTrader EA Beta Release - Available to all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cTrader EA Beta Release - Available to all

Hey guys, we've decided to release a beta version of the cTrader EA.

This release can only be run on Demos - do NOT try to run this on a live account as we are unsure of its stability.

You can download the EA by clicking here

I've put together a quick video which shows you how to install it. At this time, we will not be supporting the installation via support so if you are unable to install this - please do not contact our support as we are not geared up to support a beta product at this stage. We should be able to roll this into a live version in the following days once we have some feedback from you guys.

You can download spotware cAlgo here: http://spotware.ctrader.com/calgo-spotware-setup.exe

Please note that I say in the video you need to select cTrader from the conneciton method - This is incorrect... you just select EA as you would on a normal MT4 account. The ctrader option will not display for you and was actually related to something different.

Lovely Will.. Thanks will test this out.

Comment

Bugs
      I'll add to these as we go but just one I have found and will be fixing in a new release:

- When trying to trade a currency that doesn't exist - it hangs and will not fault until you stop the EA.

Comment

Bit of bad news - the bug that I found has been reported to cTrader and they've acknowledged it is a bug that needs fixing so we have to wait until they release their next set of fixes.

Annoyingly - this can be weeks as it takes them ages to get through their testing process.

So this is on hold yet again.

Update: cTrader have acknowledged the issue and have fixed it internally - next release will include the fix. Nothing will be required from our end and it will just start working. You can continue to test but make sure you exclude any pairs that are not in your cTrader via simpletrader control panel else the bot will simlpy stop responding.

UPDATE: Update your cTrader and this is now fully working.

Comment

Hey Will,

This is awesome!

I have a demo cTrader account ready to rock.

Can I be added to the Beta test please? I assume you need to add us manually, as I can't see the cTrader option in the copier select menu / drop down.

Also, will this be available as Managed EA / Hosting eventually? Or just with EA to start off with?

Cheers

EDIT - I just re-read your first post update. I see that the cTrader option is not required. I'll just select EA :P

Comment

I'll be releasing beta 1.1 later today.

This adds in nothing major but just some nice sanity stuff to make sure no broker spammage etc

Comment

Woot!

Also, when do you think you might be integrating it into the Managed Hosting Option?

It's nice to have that as a standalone backup ... or for demo accts ...

Comment

Soon as we have a stable release - we'll have it on the managed hosting.

Comment

I've just set up a demo account running FX Viper on one of my VPS's. I'll let you know how it goes.

Once it's stable I'll set up a live account with cTrader at IC Markests so you guys can compare.

So far it's been pretty easy to set up and start running. It's also a whole lot prettier than MT4
                  Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

How's the cTrader testing coming along Will?

Is a stable release on the horizon?

Comment

Hey sorry about no reply - got back from holiday and been catching up.

We've put it on a live account so we'll give it another week or so and give you all the stats of how its performing.

Then we'll release it so it can run on live accounts.

So far its performing nicely - however to be totally honest its not massively different from MT4. However its nice to have an alternative away from the grips of MQL

Comment

Thanks Will,

Sounds promising ..

Hope you had a good holiday

( you will have forgotten all about it after a few hours at the desk sigh ... )

Comment

Originally posted by WillT View Post
                          Hey sorry about no reply - got back from holiday and been catching up.

We've put it on a live account so we'll give it another week or so and give you all the stats of how its performing.

Then we'll release it so it can run on live accounts.

So far its performing nicely - however to be totally honest its not massively different from MT4. However its nice to have an alternative away from the grips of MQL
                          Hi Will. Any news on ctrader ea. You mentioned a month ago you were putting it on a live account and give feed back after a week or so.

Cheers
                          Darren

Comment

Hey - yea should be released in the next few days - We are releasing it with an installer package so you don' have to unzip anything. Same with MT4 EA etc, thats just taking a bit of time to finish.

Comment

Thanks Will. Looking forward to it.

Comment

Working...
                              X