No announcement yet.

Copier + VPS in New York

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is still on our radar but just a lot going on at the minute.

No timescales, but yes it is something we are going to look at.

Comment

Just adding my support for the NY copier option.

Considering most of the brokers you support have their servers based there, it's really surprising this has not been brought up earlier.

Comment

Will if this goes ahead would you have copier servers in the UK and New York or would you move all to New York. As in future you may have signal providers whose brokers servers are London based.

Comment

Perhaps this is being looked at the wrong way around.

If Think Huge could persuade one of the big brokers to put a trading server in the Manchester data centre that houses the signal and VPS servers it would minimise the latency to almost zero.

Most of them have multiple servers already, so why not put one in Manchester. Simpler than duplicating the whole signal infrastructure in NY.
          It would be good for the broker as they would get lots of business from copier clients that want their orders at the top of the queue.

Just throwing the idea out there, I expect it will be shot down in flames!

Comment

Hello Bill,

That's a very good idea indeed.
            Might be that the location of the Brokers infrastructure has to be checked if they face additional hurdles due to legislation of the country.

But that should be investigated.

Regards,

ESG

Originally posted by BillHuppert View Post
            Perhaps this is being looked at the wrong way around.

If Think Huge could persuade one of the big brokers to put a trading server in the Manchester data centre that houses the signal and VPS servers it would minimise the latency to almost zero.

Most of them have multiple servers already, so why not put one in Manchester. Simpler than duplicating the whole signal infrastructure in NY.
            It would be good for the broker as they would get lots of business from copier clients that want their orders at the top of the queue.

Just throwing the idea out there, I expect it will be shot down in flames!

Comment

That is good thinking Bill.

I think, however the main reason the good Brokers have their servers in NY is because that's where the liquidity providers servers are. I think in theory installing a server in the UK would result in slower execution due to the trade being be passed across the pond to the liquidity provider.

Comment

In my opinion we should have our infrastructure as close as possible to Broker server.

It means that if GlobalPrime nad ICM has their servers in NY
                we should have simple trader infrastructure in NY
                our personal VPS with copier installed should be located in NY

in following scenario, we are reducing to almost zero delay caused by latency across different datacenters / vps..
                zero latency should be our goal.

Every trader should by able to choose from which simletrader infrastructure we want to use.
                we can use simpletrader control panel to save this information, or make additional option in EA.

I switch my personal VPS from Poland to NY and I've noticed better execution time, less slippage better results. For scalping (fx viper) it's crucial to execute order fast.
                Before switching to NY, I was losing 100-120 pips / month on slippage, after i am losing around 60-70...

Regards,
                Ace

Comment

Originally posted by WillT View Post
                  It is still on our radar but just a lot going on at the minute.

No timescales, but yes it is something we are going to look at.
                  Hi Will,

is the project still in your radar? Are you still on the testing?

Thank you
                  cheers
                  bull_2nd

Comment

Any news on this?

Comment

Hi Forex Signals Team,

I received the survey about ForexVPS service and I highlighted again this topic (Copier+VPS in New York). Is there any news about this project?

thanx
                      bull_2nd

Comment

I also mentioned this in the survey.

Comment

Originally posted by littlemax View Post
                          I also mentioned this in the survey.
                          me too

Comment

I filled out the survey also, but failed to mention this suggestion, although I too am very interested is seeing this happen.

Comment

Working...
                            X