memory usage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• memory usage

Guys, how much memory does copier 3.5 use do you know? It seems quite a lot compared to a terminal that doesn't run the copier.

Originally posted by primi View Post
    Guys, how much memory does copier 3.5 use do you know? It seems quite a lot compared to a terminal that doesn't run the copier.
    MT4 terminal with SimpleTrader 3.5 takes about 40-50 MB.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel View Post
      MT4 terminal with SimpleTrader 3.5 takes about 40-50 MB.
      Which number are you refering to Daniel? A freshly installed build 765 doing nothing at all is using 60MB. One with simpletrader and a few publishing EAs I use for remote control (just the standard myfxbook, fxblue) is at 146.800 which makes it about 143MB I think. The other 4 terminals visible here are without simpletrader but with and EA + the same publishing EAs each. All of them way below the one with simpletrader. It's Windows server 2012 R2, everything freshly installed.
      Attached Files

Comment

There might be difference between Windows 2012 and 2008 when it comes to RAM usage for some applications.

I also recommend you doing MT4 optimization:

Check this guide and learn how to optimise your MetaTrader 4 platform - use less computing resources as RAM and CPU.

Comment

There might be difference between Windows 2012 and 2008 when it comes to RAM usage for some applications.

https://www.forexvps.net/kb/mt4-optimization
          Yeah I know, I'm doing all that already. What I've learned is task manager is only reporting amount of memory that is reserved for this particular application and can't be used for any other. But that's not all the memory that's actually used by the terminal. Amount of physical RAM used is higher. And then on top of that if it runs out of physical RAM it uses virtual one as well. That number is even higher if you don't have enough of physical RAM as can easily happen because you have to pay for it and you're possibly not even aware that what you're seeing in task manager is not the real picture.

That's why I had warnings about high RAM usage and low system RAM. I thought I had enough looking just at what task manager reported. But the numbers never added up.

Comment

https://www.forexvps.net/kb/mt4-optimization

Awesome post thank you.

Generally speaking (I know you cannot give EXACT answers) but how many MT4's would you personally run on each of your plans.

With the assumption that you are ONLY running ST EA 3.5 with a single chart ONLY.

Comment

Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
              Awesome post thank you.

Generally speaking (I know you cannot give EXACT answers) but how many MT4's would you personally run on each of your plans.

With the assumption that you are ONLY running ST EA 3.5 with a single chart ONLY.
              Is using a single chart per MT4 realistic? I normally have two charts minimum; one for the copier and one for MyFxBook or similar.

Cheers,
              Rod

Comment

Originally posted by nwboater View Post
                Is using a single chart per MT4 realistic? I normally have two charts minimum; one for the copier and one for MyFxBook or similar.

Cheers,
                Rod
                Yes. 1 for ST copier. That is it.
                Myfxbook just go back and use MT4 auto update. It works again like how it used to a year or so ago. Go check, at the bottom of the dropdown menu in the settings on myfxbook.

Comment

Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
                  Yes. 1 for ST copier. That is it.
                  Myfxbook just go back and use MT4 auto update. It works again like how it used to a year or so ago. Go check, at the bottom of the dropdown menu in the settings on myfxbook.
                  Hi BRM,

Thanks for that great information! I never used Auto Update but had tried their Publisher. In any event this can really cut back on number of charts when one has several accounts.

Cheers,
                  Rod

Comment

Working...
                  X