Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dislikes removed from trading room

Hey guys,

After some deliberation we've decided to remove the dislikes button in the trading room for trade ideas. We are all about positivity and the dislike button was just encouraging the opposite! So from now on - we've kept it simple leaving just the like button.

There's been a bit of debate about whether this is a good idea since we made the change, and after digging a bit further into it we've decided to maintain the removal of dislikes.

Members were unfortunately gaming the system. One example had a member named Chooch, who we never see posting or contributing in the room, disliking over 800 different trade ideas in the past 12 days. He wasn't the only one, but it gives you an idea of why we needed to change it up.

Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

You can play it the other way, block the abuser
      For example you have a limited number of likes and dislikes per a set period of time , like a week or day
      Typically like the "like" in forums you get 8 likes per days for posts
      Also keep the list of users who like and dislike available for everyone
      So every user can weight the rating given to any trade idea by the members name

Just some thoughts

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Comment

Long live chooch

i will sue you for slander
        Last edited by chooch; 08-16-2016, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chooch View Post
          Long live chooch

i will sue you for slander
          Ok, I'll look out for the subpoena,

Will it be coming from "Chooch", or from "rdotchin", the other user name from the exact same IP address that coincidentally also disliked 800+ trade comments?

Between your 2 user names you've taken the time to dislike over 1,600 trade ideas.

You must have an exhausted right index finger.

Comment

speaking of likes and dislikes, it's funny how someone who registered like yesterday is more popular than tradealerter

don't however think I'm accusing anyone of cheating, that would be absurd

Comment

Originally posted by Justin View Post
              speaking of likes and dislikes, it's funny how someone who registered like yesterday is more popular than tradealerter

don't however think I'm accusing anyone of cheating, that would be absurd
              If you think someone is gaming the system please let me know and we'll take action.

We're about to launch the new trading room and you'll be able to see who has liked your ideas, so it'll be a bit more transparent.

Comment

it doesn't really matter what I think. you don't need anyone's opinion if you wanna look into it, let alone mine.

money is involved, that should pretty much cover everything i have to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin View Post
                  it doesn't really matter what I think. you don't need anyone's opinion if you wanna look into it, let alone mine.

money is involved, that should pretty much cover everything i have to say.
                  What is this, espionage?

If you know someone is manipulating the system then you need to let us know so we can take action.

What you think DOES matter, because you're invested enough to feel the need to share a small snippet of information. I know it's not your intention, but this post actually undermines the whole exercise and casts doubt with those that are doing the right thing and contributing trade ideas to the community.

support@forexsignals.com

Comment

it is what is it.

this is afterall you backyard and I'm not one who should be telling you how to run your business.

check if you want, don't check if you don't feel like it.

it won't affect your lifestyle anyway and it won't certainly affect mine.

I'm gonna stop right here.

Comment

Originally posted by RenkoGuy
                      Well i got 5 thanks for a trade idea that made 300 pips profit
                      I dont think i am gonna share anymore trade idea's i dont have a chance to win with this setup
                      Thanks for contributing Reko,

The likes are normally given to trade ideas that are well presented, it's hard to know it's a 300 pip winner at the time you place it, so the only thing to judge it on is the logic and presentation behind the idea.

I'd like to please encourage you to keep contributing, just because you didn't get a lot of love for your one single trade idea shouldn't be reason enough to quit entirely, I'm sure there are people in the room that copied your idea and made some good money thanks to you.

Comment

Working...
                      X