Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Hi Nick

I think what you have created here is fantastic. I have spent many years in the forex world, and this is really the only signal site that I would trust. I think that some of us here, are also tech geeks, and actually enjoy having to setup a VPS, and then run the MT4 terminal and connect it to the signal providers, the whole process is actually quite satisfying. Also that feeling of being in control is great.

I have been here for months hoping that eventually Viper's signal would be available again. To now see that all the signals will become MAM's is very sad.

I agree with a few of the commentators here, that the problem is actually the complexity. It did take me quite some time to figure out exactly the relationship between forexsignals.com, Simpletrader, thinkhuge, connectforrex etc!

I agree with you that the signal sites like zulutrade, autotrade and MQL5 is a joke, but that to me is more the reason to continue to expand a site like forexsignals.com where people feel comfortable and trust the provider. I think you have done all the hard work and established that trust, which is very hard to do in this industry. Possibly it would be great to have a few more signal traders join the group? I also like the suggestion of a fee based on performance. Thus, if there is no profit for the month, no fee to the trader, but still a $15 charge to cover your costs to maintain the infrastructure etc. I really can't see the traders having an issue with that, as it is a similar model to the MAM.

Anyways, I think you have done a great job here, it would be sad to see things change to only MAM's. Upgrading the trading room would be great, and I think having live streams etc is fantastic too. I am actually from South Africa originally, and immigrated to NZ a couple of years ago. And honestly, being a South African, and knowing how that country operates, I would not want to put my money into a South African broker, knowing how corrupt SA is.

Thanks again for all your efforts,

CDP

Comment

Nick & Co. are doing a tremendous job and we all should try to help the guys out as well.

But wonder if the way forward is really to cut the signal service. Are the costs to keep it running too high? Also understand that the whole signal+VPS+MT4 set up might be quite complicated for some, why not offer the whole set up for additional fee for example?

MAM solution is a good thing but obviously not thru a South African broker. Is there a way to improve the IC Markets relationship?

Think overall approach could be to improve things that are already in place and perhaps offer additional services. Use those 1000 people who come to your shop...

Comment

Originally posted by Drcdp View Post
          Hi Nick

I think what you have created here is fantastic. I have spent many years in the forex world, and this is really the only signal site that I would trust. I think that some of us here, are also tech geeks, and actually enjoy having to setup a VPS, and then run the MT4 terminal and connect it to the signal providers, the whole process is actually quite satisfying. Also that feeling of being in control is great.

I have been here for months hoping that eventually Viper's signal would be available again. To now see that all the signals will become MAM's is very sad.

I agree with a few of the commentators here, that the problem is actually the complexity. It did take me quite some time to figure out exactly the relationship between forexsignals.com, Simpletrader, thinkhuge, connectforrex etc!

I agree with you that the signal sites like zulutrade, autotrade and MQL5 is a joke, but that to me is more the reason to continue to expand a site like forexsignals.com where people feel comfortable and trust the provider. I think you have done all the hard work and established that trust, which is very hard to do in this industry. Possibly it would be great to have a few more signal traders join the group? I also like the suggestion of a fee based on performance. Thus, if there is no profit for the month, no fee to the trader, but still a $15 charge to cover your costs to maintain the infrastructure etc. I really can't see the traders having an issue with that, as it is a similar model to the MAM.

Anyways, I think you have done a great job here, it would be sad to see things change to only MAM's. Upgrading the trading room would be great, and I think having live streams etc is fantastic too. I am actually from South Africa originally, and immigrated to NZ a couple of years ago. And honestly, being a South African, and knowing how that country operates, I would not want to put my money into a South African broker, knowing how corrupt SA is.

Thanks again for all your efforts,

CDP
          Thanks for the feedback CDP. I like the idea of only charging a fee if the provider is profitable and we investigated this in the early days, however unfortunately PayPal don't offer this functionality, once a monthly fee is set up it can't be changed.

While Mt Cook is regulated in South Africa, they're run remotely with funds held in Singapore & Australia and I personally trust my money with this broker more than any other.

I respect what you're saying, but I just don't see a future with monthly signal subscriptions. If nobody signs up to these MAM's it won't be the end of the world for us because at the end of the day, almost nobody signs up to the signal subscriptions as it is, so it's not like we'll be going backwards.

While it's dominated the conversation, the signals stuff is actually secondary for me. My focus is building a resource for traders by providing the only genuine, free, 24hr live trading room where people can hang out and exchange trade ideas.

I personally think the potential is huge for this, and instead of appealing to a small segment of tech geeks we'll offer something appealing to the entire industry.
          Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

So to be sure I understand your plan

Any team trader will be changed into mam only (ie. Smart Phil steadycaputre) , while all other traders on connectforex will stay as signal
            Is this right?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Comment

Nick do you want this live trading room resource for traders to generate income for the business in future? I know you said 'free' but is that the long term view? If so how does that grow the business in a financial way to pay for the running costs etc if signal or MAM doesn't generate enough?
              Last edited by littlemax; 04-14-2016, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by littlemax View Post
                Nick do you want this live trading room resource for traders to generate income for the business in future? I know you said 'free' but is that the long term view? If so how does that grow the business in a financial way to pay for the running costs etc if signal or MAM doesn't generate enough?
                The idea is that they'll dig what we're doing and then consider the MAM's on here or at ThinkHugeInvestments.com

All the traders positions will be shown on the charts. If you check out our beta streams with Tony you'll get an idea of what we're thinking.

Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                  We're not shutting down the VIP program for existing clients
                  Something I'd also like to mention is that we'll be increasing our partnership with Tallnex to help support our US clients.

The VIP club will remain open and available to US clients and we'll be dropping the minimum investment amount to only $5k for a limited time.

Our poor US brothers are limited in their options, however I've been doing a lot of homework on Tallinex and have to say that they seem to be fantastic based on my personal experience dealing with them as well as the homework I've done online.
                  Thank you Nick. We truly do appreciate it.

LL
                  Last edited by LogicaLucidity; 04-14-2016, 01:26 PM.

Comment

While it's dominated the conversation, the signals stuff is actually secondary for me. My focus is building a resource for traders by providing the only genuine, free, 24hr live trading room where people can hang out and exchange trade ideas.
                    We obviously don't see the whole picture, only you do, but it's kind of interesting that cutting signals is dominating this conversation. People have interest in keeping the signals. I know I do. But it's a long term game and if there's anything that's absolutely killing me is the uncertainty. Let me explain a bit more.

I've been a subscriber since forever and I've seen traders come and go. But I managed to pick the right traders and make my setup pretty much stable. Yes, recently my performance is not what it used to be but I have confidence that I can keep my curve pointed upwards. I'm happy with say last 2 years and may it long continue! But will it?

I'm at a point where I'll finally be confident enough to put more of my hard earned money on the line under somebody else's management gradually during the next 12 months. It takes a while to get confident enough and to be sure (as much as you can possible be sure) that nothing bad is going to happen because the right people are in control of things.

And then, out of the blue, signals are being dropped. I know you said we can keep existing signals for as long as we like. But now you've introduced a lot of uncertainty in this model. There is suddenly no future in signals. Not a good sign. There is a shift in focus to something completely different. Not a good sign. Nothing is going to change, not in a year or two anyway. Not a good sign. A year or 2 means nothing, it took me that long just to make sure I like it and it's the way I want to move forward. It's expensive to maintain this functionality. Not a good sign. You can still have MAMs. Not interested in those and absolutely not at forced brokers.

Signals are what put you on the map. With MAMs I would have walked right past. Stability is the key for me and I feel I'm not getting it anymore. So sad.

Comment

Originally posted by primi View Post
                      We obviously don't see the whole picture, only you do, but it's kind of interesting that cutting signals is dominating this conversation. People have interest in keeping the signals. I know I do. But it's a long term game and if there's anything that's absolutely killing me is the uncertainty. Let me explain a bit more.

I've been a subscriber since forever and I've seen traders come and go. But I managed to pick the right traders and make my setup pretty much stable. Yes, recently my performance is not what it used to be but I have confidence that I can keep my curve pointed upwards. I'm happy with say last 2 years and may it long continue! But will it?

I'm at a point where I'll finally be confident enough to put more of my hard earned money on the line under somebody else's management gradually during the next 12 months. It takes a while to get confident enough and to be sure (as much as you can possible be sure) that nothing bad is going to happen because the right people are in control of things.

And then, out of the blue, signals are being dropped. I know you said we can keep existing signals for as long as we like. But now you've introduced a lot of uncertainty in this model. There is suddenly no future in signals. Not a good sign. There is a shift in focus to something completely different. Not a good sign. Nothing is going to change, not in a year or two anyway. Not a good sign. A year or 2 means nothing, it took me that long just to make sure I like it and it's the way I want to move forward. It's expensive to maintain this functionality. Not a good sign. You can still have MAMs. Not interested in those and absolutely not at forced brokers.

Signals are what put you on the map. With MAMs I would have walked right past. Stability is the key for me and I feel I'm not getting it anymore. So sad.
                      Awesome post primi..I feel exactly the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by primi View Post

Exactly my sentiments Primi.

Comment

I really like your ideas Nick, especially the expanded Chat room.

One suggestions about the new chat room and a criticism of the current one. When I log on to the current chat room it is 95% personal chat and friends catching up or talking about who won the football or their favorite holiday destination etc. And only about 5% (and I am being generous saying 5%) chat about actual FX trading. So i feel for it to go to the next level and be what your after members need to be educated or persuaded somehow to keep on topic and make posts relevant to trading FX.

Good luck with the new ideas and venture

Comment

Originally posted by Okda View Post
                            So to be sure I understand your plan

Any team trader will be changed into mam only (ie. Smart Phil steadycaputre) , while all other traders on connectforex will stay as signal
                            Is this right?

@Nick can you please confirm that?

Comment

Originally posted by voodoo View Post
                              I really like your ideas Nick, especially the expanded Chat room.

One suggestions about the new chat room and a criticism of the current one. When I log on to the current chat room it is 95% personal chat and friends catching up or talking about who won the football or their favorite holiday destination etc. And only about 5% (and I am being generous saying 5%) chat about actual FX trading. So i feel for it to go to the next level and be what your after members need to be educated or persuaded somehow to keep on topic and make posts relevant to trading FX.

Good luck with the new ideas and venture
                              This could not be further from the truth!

Join us during the NY session or even the london session. I/We are constantly posting charts, discussing articles and news, rate divergence, signal trades and our opinions. There are some weirdos that rant and rave but thats why you Right-Click -> Ignore so you dont have to see their nonsense. I do this every day for about 10-15 people that muck up the room. Customize it!

Also you think a real trade desk they arent throwing footballs around, sharing funny images, jokes, during the downtimes? Those guys are trash talking, beating each other up, its how trading goes, you need thick skin.

Aussie/Asian session, I can't help you there. Theres nothing to trade worth any substance, and yes conversation will be stale.

Comment

Originally posted by Okda View Post
                                @Nick can you please confirm that?

Nick, can you cfm this?

Comment

Working...
                                X