Big Changes Planned For ForexSignals.com - Have your say

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by littlemax View Post
    Hi Nick, to quote " It's also worth noting that since I've announced this there's been almost no uptake in subscribers" - the overall direction of announcements seems not encouraging to new signals signups & may well discourage it, esp. any new members, as the future looks a bit uncertain for this, apart from existing clients & given the future preference announced for MAM accounts. The broader market you refer to seems to be investors who don't necessarily have a Forex background which could be seen as a decline in signal interest. Those investors as you rightly say are not interested in the steep learning curve of vps & managing risk/signal providers on their own MT4 which involves some Forex related experience. It seems to me your future direction will actively discourage new signal interest, which would leave you heavily dependent on MAM interest from non Forex background investors as it seems the current members are more weighted towards signals from the feedback here.
    Thanks littlemax, I think you guys are just gonna need to trust me on this.

As you can probably tell, I've got a strong idea on what I think the broader trading community wants and how that fits in with where we want to go. Even though I may have come across as a little frustrated at times on this thread, I still very much appreciate the input. You never know what might trigger a light bulb.

I really want to make sure you guys stay and remain engaged within our community, so please believe me that I'm not going to do anything to jepordise that.

I might be wrong with the new direction, but we need to try, and if I'm 100% honest that's the part of running this site that I enjoy. Finding creative ways to improve upon what we've built and provide stuff to help traders/investors make money in this often dodgy, volatile, profitable, stressful, scary market that we trade.

Give it a couple of months, I think you'll dig it. (and even if you don't, you can just keep doing what you're doing )
    Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

Thanks Nick appreciate being able to have input on the rocky road.

Comment

Originally posted by genki7 View Post
        Hi Nick,

Good to hear all existing subs and VIP subs can continue their signals undisturbed.

Once the subscriptions are no longer available to new clients in the future, Will the existing subs of Goldstar and Smart2 ,Steady Capture and Kili be able:

for Non-US Subs:

1/ Change the subscription term from eg; Monthly to 6 monthly or visa versa VIP or Not ?

2/ To join the VIP if the existing sub wasn't a VIP prior to the cancellation of the subscriptions (Big Changes) ?

3/ Can a Non-VIP suspend the subscription service and resume within a few months ?

4/Can an existing VIP sub who was eg: subscribed to only Smart2 prior to the cancellation of the subscriptions.
        Are they able to add , Remove and Re-subscribe at a latter time to any of the other VIP traders as long as the account remains as a VIP account?

5/Is there a $ cap on these subscriptions for subs joining today but before the cut off ?
        5a/ Is the cap based on Balance or Equity ?

Any additional info you can add would be great.
        Thanks
        Originally posted by Nick View Post
        1) Yes
        2) Yes (but you can't go back)
        3) No
        4) No
        5) Yes (balance)
        Would you please clarify , I have broken up Question 4/ (Above) as your answer seems to contradict your response to "BMM " Post on Page "7" .

Regarding : (Goldstar, Smart2, Steady Capture, Kili)
        for Non-US Subs

1/ So when a VIP or a Non- VIP cancels a signal service ,They can not re-Subscribe the signal service and will have to join the MAM to follow again ?

2/Existing VIP Subs are Not able to join another VIP signal or future VIP Signals after the cut off date ?
        So eg; Had Smart2 as a VIP prior to the cancellation of the New signal subscriptions , but I can not add another signal like Steady Capture after that date ?

3/ a) What is the $ Cap for VIP ?
        b) What is the $ Cap for Non-VIP ?

4/ Is the $ Cap the same for all the signals (Goldstar, Smart2, Steady Capture, Kili) ?

Thanks
        Last edited by genki7; 04-19-2016, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Big Changes Planned For ForexSignals.com - Have your say

What's the point of this thread? You say "have your say". But you respond to each message knocking down everyone's ideas and reiterating your thoughts comparing Linux to Windows! Laughable!

Let's talk about the elephant in the room, where withdrawals from MAMs can take over a month. And that's only when the accounts are flat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi Nick

Erm the way i see it is, You haven't promoted signals for a long time now, in fact you been winding them down for what I can tell over a year now

No new up takes but then what's new to jump on?, when's the last new improvement come like the dynamic lot sizing or a new trader or anything for signals in fact

I don't think you've given people enough reason to take up more of your signals.

You pushed new mams mostly and they are growing, is it just me or am I the only one who feels your stats are a reflection of what you have promoted lately and been focusing on?

Comparing signals to Linux is meh, Linux installs like windows these days and has been increasing its market share over the last year's, why cause they made it easier
            (Companies like Microsoft dont help when they only bought out dell after hearing then planned shipping new pc's with an Linux option)

So i ask Why cannot signals be made more streamline rather than being made the unloved child

For me Mam's are not desirable, not when there is the vastly superior option of copying avaliable, so I thank you for allowing us to continue with previous setups it's really apriciated,

Love the chat room stuff all of it.

The unregulated route I just plain don't get, I get the ease of backend but I personally think you will find it very difficult to get people on that.

Example, signal or mam if I hit this site as a new client and saw you used unregulated brokers I'd instantly assume you where scamming and close the site, fx is wild west having unregulated Mam's surely is a bad thing when there are regulated options

But what do I know hah, people might like taking risks after all we all in fx

BTW congratulations on the 4 years, has been a blast being part of it

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
            Last edited by dupapa; 04-19-2016, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dupapa View Post
              Hi Nick

Erm the way i see it is, You haven't promoted signals for a long time now, in fact you been winding them down for what I can tell over a year now

No new up takes but then what's new to jump on?, when's the last new improvement come like the dynamic lot sizing or a new trader or anything for signals in fact

I don't think you've given people enough reason to take up more of your signals.

You pushed new mams mostly and they are growing, is it just me or am I the only one who feels your stats are a reflection of what you have promoted lately and been focusing on?

Comparing signals to Linux is meh, Linux installs like windows these days and has been increasing its market share over the last year's, why cause they made it easier
              (Companies like Microsoft dont help when they only bought out dell after hearing then planned shipping new pc's with an Linux option)

So i ask Why cannot signals be made more streamline rather than being made the unloved child

For me Mam's are not desirable, not when there is the vastly superior option of copying avaliable, so I thank you for allowing us to continue with previous setups it's really apriciated,

Love the chat room stuff all of it.

The unregulated route I just plain don't get, I get the ease of backend but I personally think you will find it very difficult to get people on that.

Example, signal or mam if I hit this site as a new client and saw you used unregulated brokers I'd instantly assume you where scamming and close the site, fx is wild west having unregulated Mam's surely is a bad thing when there are regulated options

But what do I know hah, people might like taking risks after all we all in fx

BTW congratulations on the 4 years, has been a blast being part of it

Nick has already decided what hes going to do. He does not make enough money on signals. I agree with chooch close down this thread, its silly.

Comment

Originally posted by rdotchin View Post
                Nick has already decided what hes going to do. He does not make enough money on signals. I agree with chooch close down this thread, its silly.
                enough to cover the costs? or he wants to expand his business?

Comment

Originally posted by ales View Post
                  enough to cover the costs? or he wants to expand his business?
                  Nick isn't running a charity business where break even is the goal..

Comment

Originally posted by Zuttasoxx View Post
                    Nick isn't running a charity business where break even is the goal..
                    understand that. we dont know all the dets tho ... but still its a sort of a stable income, MAMs could be adding some extra revenue...

a cap on an investment into a signal, rest into a corresponding MAM perhaps?
                    extra fee for a complete VPS/MT4 etc set up package?

Comment

Hello everyone!

I haven't been here for quiet some time and i really feel like i have to comment about future changes!
                      Disclamer : All these suggestions are subjective, take and understand them responsibly. I am not telling to anyone what he/she should do but could do, to improve the future of forexsignals.com

I must say Nick that you have explained very well the cons of signal subscriptions from monthly fee, VPS, etc... point of view. Nevertheless there are many sites which offer signal copier services and i believe you are the best one on the market. If you are not making progress with subscriptions then probably none of these sites are. But here is another thing which might be a problem and someone probably mentioned it earlier...Marketing! Good domain is very important but marketing campaigns are important the most. I don't know what is your marketing plan, but this is what it came to my mind at first. Managed accounts would offer more relaxed environment to managers, investors and you as well....Negative months will not be charged and you can educate investors that negative months are common and stresses the watermark protection! If you offering investment vehicle also try to educate "future, retail" investors about investing more actively. It will help!

I have never been a fan of any signal copier because it just doesn't suit to my philosophy. I was always a fan of managed accounts and monthly performance fee based on watermark rule. I really believe that switching 100% to managed account would increase the level of trust to new investors. It is also more logical and fair for investors. And as i said educating potential investors could help! So you are going the right way!

The other factors which could/would increase level of trust and success are:
                      - Put more focus on signal providers...Threat each signal provider manually and approve them if you and your team decide to accept him/her. Like you have done for smart, viper, kili, etc...
                      - It is better to offer only 10 good signal providers than 90 average signal providers and 10 good one mixed in the 90 bad traders. You as a company have to filter the noise (rocky managers) to retail investors...
                      - Probably only few people will agree with the next proposals (if you agree with them your are most likely a serious investor who is looking for serious managers)....:
                      1.) Manager has to use stop loss 100% of the time (no mental stop loss, no ea protection, no adding to losing position etc...)...This kind of approach is scaring a lot of people.
                      2.) I would personally increase the minimum amount of track record to 6 months or even better 1 year minimum. (Seriously i don't know who want to invest into a trader with few months of trading, this is simply unprofessional and decrease rating of forexsignals.
                      3.) No EAs (with EAs go on mql please, this domain and community should keep being professional and delivering high end product to serious retail and professional investors).

- Make bundles ...You have done great job with FX Fusion hedging...Do that with more selected managers. Offer these bundles or if you want to call it "presets". If i imagine that i would like to invest 10k here and i wouldn't have any idea about where to invest i would really love these "presets"... Also tell through videos why it is important not to invest into only 1 or 2 manager (trader)...It is common mistake from investors i think. So again basic education would help!

- Nick we have many other sites where we could get almost the same managers for much lower price, i would suggest moving beyond the average and become the leading professional signal community. Managed accounts are good start!

Summary: (+ means increase)
                      - Quality > quantity (Don't accept every trader with 1000$ and 3 months of trading accept only managers you really believe in, pick them responsibly) trust +, professional +, easier job for investor to select +
                      - Difficult joining rules (I would go with 1 year minimum myfxbook...no eas...100% stop loss, etc..) trust +, professional +, attract more money +
                      - Make bundles (it is better to invest into 10 managers with 1K to each then to invest 10k to 1 manager) investors confident + easier job for investors +
                      - EDUCATE INVESTORS | take care of your clients + (they will like that)

I feel that you are on the right path!

Best Regards
                      FX Protector
                      Last edited by FX Protector; 04-19-2016, 05:37 PM.

Comment

By your post all vip traders would be gone. Viper doesn't use SL, smart doesn't use SL and he uses EA... Every trader has his strategy and to enforce SL and only manual trading is not a good idea. You have option to exit all trades at specific draw down if trader isn't obeying his max. DD rule.

One year track record requirement would be great, but than again we saw a lot of traders blow their accounts when they had 1 or 2 years of trading history. Past results are not guarantee for present or future performance...

Also this site name is forexsignals not managedaccounts... Not to mention with copying signals you choose your own risk, currency and broker and you can take control of trading if signal isn't doing good job.

Comment

Originally posted by rdotchin View Post
                          Yeah your right and I back him in whatever he chooses to do as over the years he has shown transparency and that he is the real deal,

The thread is titled have your say, so I'm not really bothered that he has made up his mind, Nick has done a fantastic job so far, hats of to him, I'm as I said happy old clients can still hang on to what they know currently

Im just putting my thoughts out there, not expecting any changes based on it,

maybe your right it is a silly thread, Internet is great for that

Comment

Originally posted by chooch View Post
                            What's the point of this thread? You say "have your say". But you respond to each message knocking down everyone's ideas and reiterating your thoughts comparing Linux to Windows! Laughable!

Let's talk about the elephant in the room, where withdrawals from MAMs can take over a month. And that's only when the accounts are flat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Most of the feedback that's been posted has been flat out that ditching signals is a shit idea. I've then gone into detail explaining a dozen reasons why signals aren't the vehicle to expand this site beyond the small niche we currently occupy, which then gets largely ignored. I'm not really sure what more I can do...

That's also not an elephant you're looking at... clients at the Mt Cook MAM's can close their trades and pull out at any time regardless of whether there are open trades. This is one of the advantages of partnering with them.

Comment

Ok, after a lot of robust debate I'd like to confirm that we're looking at the possibility of keeping the signals active on SimpleTrader.

ForexSignals.com will only offer the MAM options to new visitors, however those that want it will be able to sign up through a trade copier subscription directly on the SimpleTrader site.

As I've said before, I really appreciate the feedback that's been posted here. I know many of you love this site as much as I do and I don't want to put that at risk. We obviously want to expand and I think this might provide a balance to give everyone what they want.

Comment

I for one am very happy with the news that has came along. Mamm is my preferred method and have been with viper, smart2 for pretty long time. All i like to know is what will be the minimum investment and will mamm be supported with ic markets at all?

Comment

Working...
                                X