Big Changes Planned For ForexSignals.com - Have your say

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Waleed121 View Post
    Nick probably worth changing that Avatar too since it dates back to LF era, not that it doesnt suit ya but maybe a new one after the website design

He he , always wanted to say it. What a good thread to post this in.
    Haha!

You don't like it? I thought it kinda suited me... Throw back to the old days when we toiled for months on end with a handful of members and no money.

Made me laugh there Waleed, if you think it's time for an upgrade maybe you're right
    Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

• Would it be possible that a site with no morals possibly can create code to decipher the forexsignals.com chatroom to create an instance of a trade. For example when a new GoldStar trade opens and the bell dings on the chatroom page a script can copy that entry which I class as stealing.

Comment

• yes thats very easy to code. simple javascript document.getById set to the object class, but closing would not be able to be tracked just entries.

Comment

• Suggestions;

1) Replace current live trades on frontpage with a Java applet or flash module. This should prevent stealing. Not guaranteed, but using the current its probably to easy.

2) Don't get rid of the economic calendar which is now shows as a 3rd party script from myfxbook. Even better would be to fetch it yourself which is very easy to code so we can all stay on this site and btw it looks also more professional when not using 3rd party stuff

3) Would it be possible to fetch news also from different sources? Because I don't like to keep using myfxbook, I would love to see everything in 1 single forexsignals.com front page.

4) Currently on forexsignals I don't see anything related to simpletrader and/or the marketplace. As if only the popular ones exist and no others. Not sure, but to me it's a bit confusing and I can only find out once I would check the forum for example to end up at other signals.

5) A script showing total amount invested in USD for every available signal, but not the amount of clients, or at least for the MAMs. Ofcourse this can be seen on the mam account's myfxbook page as well, but would be a nice feature to have it yourself as well.

6) Me being a provider myself with mam, not feel comfy with live streaming of my face and talking in some mic. I'm not a sales person and I'm not as handsome as you Nick I know that's not a problem lol but I do prefer to stream a part of my screen sometimes. So I can show what I see and have on my terminal. Also for registered members so we can see and observe each other or even explain our doings to other chat members.

7) Smartphone compatible, as in -different style sheet- (mobile theme)

8) I can't imagine traders on small screens, so I would prefer a specific style sheet for 1920*1080 and up (not a small one being stretched but actually being filled completely at that resolution) and a smaller one of 1600*900 (for laptop users). And ofcourse a third style sheet for mobile phones.

9) Ever considered an android app and iOS app? Like you said, time to move on

10) Talk with brokers about having mixed mams. So basically a dynamic mam where one can change risk multiplier and add/remove providers. Obviously only possible to queue the actions as nothing can be changed with open orders. Perhaps your team and a single broker can partner up, invest together, do research and develop such possibility. Not for now, but for the future. Say maybe 2017 or so

11) Not a fan of flashchat, would prefer non 3rd party stuff with more options. The smileys are too old, the choice of themes and other elements not feel like proffesional.

H.

Note: I'm already happy with everything now, probably because the lack of good support, kindness, support and good signals on other sites. So these are just suggestions for improvement, to make sure you stay fresh because clearly by reading some other posts, the site can be improved a lot in several ways

Comment

• It would be better if u post the live trades 30 mins delayed and make the open trades private in myfxbook

Comment

• Hi Guys,

One suggestion from my end regarding technology.
              Don't use FLASH or JAVA applets they just won't work on mobile. I am using chat /forexsignals very often from mobile / tablet

If we want to prevent from stealing signals from chat, we can do two things:
              1/ delay signals as D3mon proposed. 30 minutes or an hour... and of it will not make sense from my POV to steal it. 30 min Delay can ruin your acc.
              2/ BUT BUT BUT if you are subscribed to signal - you can see it in real time as today

make sense?

Ace

Comment

• Why not just removing the trades from the room as the main purpose was to give for free, some trade ideas and to do your own homework and decide if you want to follow the trader or not. By delaying the trades, people may have wrong ideas of the trader's capability as the market could have changed during the time the trader placed his trade, and the time it's shown in the room.

Keep it as is or remove it.

Comment

• I am also in europe and do not have any problem with depositing or getting the money out without a lot of costs.

Next to your us$ mam account setup 2 other accounts at the same broker.
                  One acct in us$ and the other in euro.
                  Now from your europe based euro bank acct or creditcard deposit money in the euro acct at the broker.
                  Transfer from the euro broker acct to the us$ broker acct at a good exchangerate and further to your mam acct.

Extracting money ... Just reverse the handling from above.

Comment

• Originally posted by Salubrious View Post
                    I'm one of those people who has lost six figures with a MAMM. So I won't be going anywhere near them for the foreseeable future.

Though some people here have said that the signals is mainly for the geeks this is not true, I myself prefer the signals because it gives me options. I'm a trader myself and I enjoy trading my own strategy whilst having a few signals with controlled risk growing my portfolio. This is not possible with MAMM's -you are completely at the mercy of the trader.

I believe that the MAMMs are for passive investors, whereas trader-investors prefer to have some control over their destiny.

So I guess for all us traders/private portfolio managers there's still something missing and this void is yet to be filled.

I'm a businessman and I've built numerous successful startups.

Nick, I'm sure you've done your homework regarding the MAMMs however, I don't believe the signals business is dead. It just needs a rethink and to allow it to evolve.

Agree with you.
                    In my opinion the site limps on different directions:
                    Signals
                    Mams
                    Trade room (maybe people who want to learn trading?)

I am trading myself, and besides that invested some in mams (although i prefer signals.... More control)
                    Why i invest in mams... Well to build a nestegg for if i hit a tree, so some can still grow after my departure ...

But as i see it today, not impressed by the current traders. A reason why i do not add to or open other mams.
                    A lot of very good traders(lucky to know a few personally) don't want the hassle of handling other peoples money.

A site can not be a place for everything. I visit also different sites for ideas and learning about manual trading and other sites for indicator/EA building etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by ace View Post
                      Hi Guys,

One suggestion from my end regarding technology.
                      Don't use FLASH or JAVA applets they just won't work on mobile. I am using chat /forexsignals very often from mobile / tablet

If we want to prevent from stealing signals from chat, we can do two things:
                      1/ delay signals as D3mon proposed. 30 minutes or an hour... and of it will not make sense from my POV to steal it. 30 min Delay can ruin your acc.
                      2/ BUT BUT BUT if you are subscribed to signal - you can see it in real time as today

make sense?

Ace
                      Thanks Ace,

We're removing the active trade table and instead showing the team of traders and their positions through the live stream.

Comment

• Originally posted by FX2407 View Post
                        Agree with you.
                        In my opinion the site limps on different directions:
                        Signals
                        Mams
                        Trade room (maybe people who want to learn trading?)

I am trading myself, and besides that invested some in mams (although i prefer signals.... More control)
                        Why i invest in mams... Well to build a nestegg for if i hit a tree, so some can still grow after my departure ...

But as i see it today, not impressed by the current traders. A reason why i do not add to or open other mams.
                        A lot of very good traders(lucky to know a few personally) don't want the hassle of handling other peoples money.

A site can not be a place for everything. I visit also different sites for ideas and learning about manual trading and other sites for indicator/EA building etc.
                        Thanks FX2407, you actually make a really good point.

Our site offers MAM's, Trade Copier Signals and a Live Trading Room, but we don't do any one of these things particularly well.

The goal is to offer the best trading room on the internet, that's where I see the biggest opportunity to add value and build on our existing community.

Once people get comfortable inside the trading room and explore the rest of the site a little, the hope is they'll then look into the MAM's in a bit more detail.

Comment

• Hey guys don't forget that Nick can always go back to offering signals as well. It's his own business and none of us have access to his data points and research. I think the most important thing out of all of this is that Nick is grandfathering all of us that have been through thick and thin. So whilst some may disagree with the new direction it's important to realize that he is supporting the investors that have history here. So all in all is being very reasonable.

As a side note I can personally vouch that Mt. Cook is a very professional brokerage. Good guys. Trustworthy. Deposit in and out no issues. Up front and honest. Feels very personalized. Just remember that it's a broker the guys with less that $20k would not normally have access to.

Happy ANZAC weekend for all the Ozzies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
                            Goldstar is being cut. We've caught people stealing it (again).

Darwinex and their CEO, Juan Colon happily accept clients that are running our signals and allow them to on-sell them, this guy is like a corrupt government official harboring thieves in return for a cut of their merchandise.

Sorry, but it takes a bit of work for us to identify it when people are ripping us off, and once it's discovered we've got no choice but to cut off access to the perpetrator and all new clients.
                            The scumbag is based in London. SHould be easy to get an injunction against him and sue for damages.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
                              Hey guys don't forget that Nick can always go back to offering signals as well. It's his own business and none of us have access to his data points and research. I think the most important thing out of all of this is that Nick is grandfathering all of us that have been through thick and thin. So whilst some may disagree with the new direction it's important to realize that he is supporting the investors that have history here. So all in all is being very reasonable.

As a side note I can personally vouch that Mt. Cook is a very professional brokerage. Good guys. Trustworthy. Deposit in and out no issues. Up front and honest. Feels very personalized. Just remember that it's a broker the guys with less that $20k would not normally have access to.

Happy ANZAC weekend for all the Ozzies.
                              Thank you!!!

Comment

• hi nick,
                                i certainly have not read every post in here yet. just found this thread the other day. but so far, in reading and searching, i have found no mention of US clients, mams or brokers. ATC's disposition here in US is still tenuous and they have yet to go live with their deal w/Philip Capital. (fyi, brokers like fxchoice, tallinex, etc are not really good choices imo.) in the meantime some of us in the US have basically 'money doing nothing'. i realize this is not your fault but i/we would at least appreciate your thoughts and intentions on 'your big upcoming changes' vis a vis US clients, mams & brokers. if you do not intend on going there, please let us know so we can find another place to grow our capital.
                                respectfully, rfx

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                                Thank you!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X