No announcement yet.

Big Changes Planned For ForexSignals.com - Have your say

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I do not trade my self, following signals. I like my broker and I do not plan to put my money on any other broker so MAM's are out of the question. I mix signals with risk adjusted and feel comfortable with this choice. Sorry to hear that public is not so kin to run a vps, mt4, ea,.. What is the future of signals for us who do not have time to chat or trade rooms, and MAM's?

thanks nc!

Comment

• Hey Nick

I have had a rather crazy idea lately, kind of thinking out of the box about how one can breath some new life into the signal side of your business. So I will list the idea below:

Effectively what I was thinking is to create a secondary market for the signals, where subscriptions to traders can be bought and sold the same as on a sharemarket.

1. So, how it would work is, you would have a section of the site (similar to the simpletrader forum) , where new traders can write a bio about their strategy etc, and list their myfxbook to verify their history of trading.
      2. Secondly, traders would then list on your "Initial Public Offering" board. The listing would include the traders details, and then the initial price of the signal, with the corresponding monthly amount. Initially, only a limited amount of signals can be issued, for this example, lets use ten signals are part of the IPO.
      3. Then, potential investors and signal followers, can do their own due diligence on the traders listed on the IPO board. If an investor is interested in the buying the trader's signal, at the proposed IPO price, then they can register their interest, and once the IPO is fully subscribed, i.e. all 10 signals have been pre-purchased, the IPO is confirmed and the signals are sold to the initial investors.
      4. The investors who now hold the signal, are under no obligation to use the signal, thus do not have to pay the monthly amount if they choose not to use it, specifically if their sole purpose is to speculate on signals that might gain in value over time.
      5. Forexsignals.com then creates an exchange, where these signals can be bought and sold on the secondary market. Obviously, these signals would increase in price if the trader is successful, and decrease if the trader can not deliver.
      6. As part of the agreement, for the trader to list on Forexsignals.com, via the IPO, they need to agree not to list on any other signal site, and also that they can only initially sell, as per this example, 10 signal subscriptions as part of the initial IPO. They are then entitled to at the end of an agreed period, lets use 12 months for this scenario, to offer a further 30 signals to the market, at a new IPO price, which would reflect the current demand for the trader's signal, and the trader has the option to attach a new monthly amount to the new signals being offered. So, as you can imagine, in the initial IPO of 10 signals, to gain interest, a trader might attach a very low monthly amount to the initial offering. This monthly amount does not change. If the trader is of course successful over the 12 month period, he now can offer the next 30 signals at a higher cost, plus a higher monthly amount. What this does, is allows the initial investors to hold a more valuable signal as the monthly cost is less than the secondary IPO, thus rewarding the risk taken by the initial investors.
      7. Again, another IPO could be repeated in the next 12 months, depending on the traders results, and if there is a demand.
      8. This allows signal investors, to not only potentially profit from the gains from using the signal, but if they are a smart investor, they could make money buying and selling signals on the secondary market. At the same time, it gives new talented traders, the ability to possibly start a career in the signal market.
      9. Forexsignals.com could then take a commission from each signal traded like a normal exchange, and still make money as per the normal monthly signal cost when the signal is in use.
      10. It also allows more traders to be listed, which keeps thing fresh, but at the same time, the due diligence is now completely on the signal investor to do his or her homework, as they will be the one gaining if the trader delivers, as they can sell their signal on the exchange if the trader does perform.

A rather out of the box idea, but might just work!

:-)

Comment

• Hey Nick, small issue. I am able to like my own post, such is not supposed to be the case

Sent from my PE-TL10 using Tapatalk

Trade the market, not the trader

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post

Thanks Robert,

I definitely want to support our US members as best we can, and you're right in that the ATC situation has too much uncertainty around it.

In response to this we've decided to tighten our relationship with Tallinex and offer US clients VIP access to all traders (including Viper) from only $5,000.

As you'd be aware, they're unregulated and this'll likely be a concern for many of you. However I've been working with them for over 18 months now throughout which we've had a small number of clients who have been trading with them and the experience has been nothing but positive. One client even has over $100k invested.

The only reason they're unregulated is because they recognise the huge opportunity to support US clients, and any regulation would mean they're unable to do this.

My hope is that our US brethren will trust it enough to try with $5k, and once you realise that it's similar to any other broker you'll see this as a genuine wealth creation opportunity.

Can you clarify this a bit? As a prospective US client, how do I go about taking advantage of this?

EDIT: I've found that the correct way to take advantage of this is to create an account using your IB link: https://www.forexsignals.com/forum/f...gnals-vip-club

My remaining question is how to get Gold Star as a US resident: https://www.forexsignals.com/forum/f...1113#post71113
          Last edited by bobobo1618; 06-01-2016, 08:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bobobo1618 View Post

Can you clarify this a bit? As a prospective US client, how do I go about taking advantage of this?

EDIT: I've found that the correct way to take advantage of this is to create an account using your IB link: https://www.forexsignals.com/forum/f...gnals-vip-club

My remaining question is how to get Gold Star as a US resident: https://www.forexsignals.com/forum/f...1113#post71113

Thanks Bobobo, Appreciate you coming aboard.

Once you've got your account funded and attached to VIP you'll need to subscribe to it by contacting our support desk and requesting a link.
            Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post

Thanks Bobobo, Appreciate you coming aboard.

Once you've got your account funded and attached to VIP you'll need to subscribe to it by contacting our support desk and requesting a link.

Hey Nick, any chance you can negotiate using lot sizes smaller than .1 lots for VIP members at Tallinex?

Comment

• I miss team traders trades in trade room

Comment

• Hey guys,

You would have seen that we've swapped to the new trading room. The feedback has been mostly positive inside the room, however I'm keen to hear from everyone.

There are still a number of improvements planned that we're hoping to introduce during the month.

Namely:

- At least 2 live presenters discussing the market at scheduled times each day.
                  - Prizes for members who contribute the most liked trade ideas each month.
                  - Ability to search for comments from users
                  - Archived chat and trade ideas page

I'm quietly excited about what we've built and think this could be great for a range of traders to get ideas, advice and ultimately help them make money.

Comment

• Hi, where do i find the team traders open positions in the new chatroom? i cannot seem to locate it

Comment

• Originally posted by minkw View Post
                      Hi, where do i find the team traders open positions in the new chatroom? i cannot seem to locate it

This is the biggest downfall of the new chatroom. I for one want to see all the positions on one page and not look at myfxbook all the time to see which trader took which trade and some of the traders don't update every 5 minutes. If this was included in the new site then I would be happy. But without seeing traders positions I feel it is like hiding the positions because most of the traders in here are in drawdown the majority of the time which may scare potential subscribers but it is a reality of trading and should not be hidden from all.

Comment

• Please restore previous chat room with open trades table.

Comment

• Originally posted by oandagut View Post
                          Please restore previous chat room with open trades table.
                          Agree, replace useless streaming Nick's account and add back team traders open trades table.

Comment

• I still can hear the pings when team traders open and close, so im sure it can be implemented into the site, or I think its just being hidden for the time being

Comment

• Hey guys,

I appreciate the feedback on the removal of the trade idea table. But....

The old trading room wasn't doing it's job, so we've shaken things up a bit. The idea of our site is to help people make money by following our traders, both for free inside the trading room and through the use of our signals/MAM's.

The old trade table only really worked to reconcile your accounts against team traders positions, however the purpose when we built it was to engage new traders and give them signals on potential trade setups.

You can still easily reconcile your account by clicking on the signal name inside your SimpleTrader control panel and navigating to the Open Trades tab. This updates in real time and will allow you check to make sure all the trades are as they should be.

The stream of my live account is just a place holder at the moment, we'll be adding live moderators in the coming weeks that will be more interactive and should add significantly more value to you guys and the rest of the trading community.

Comment

• Nick,
                                Do you think we could have a MAM combining Goldstar x1 , Steady Capture x2 and Smart2 x 1 ?

Also a Viper x3 MAM at Mount Cook for australian clients who want higher risk and no MAx DD ?

Thanks
                                Last edited by genki7; 07-20-2016, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X