Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW: Top Trader Contest - Chance of managing over $1,000,000!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW: Top Trader Contest - Chance of managing over $1,000,000!

You don't want to miss this...

ForexSignals.com is giving our community members the fairest chance of becoming a professional trader and managing millions of dollars.

The team here have been working hard behind the scenes in bringing you a transparent and exciting new opportunity anyone can take part in. We're not just assessing how much money you've made but instead we're wanting to see (irrespective of your balance size*) how much risk you took for the gains you've made.

This means that those with a smaller balance have the same chance of becoming our next Top Trader as someone who has a 6 figure balance.

So how are we assessing who is classed "better" than another trader?

Lets have a look at the ranking formula:
    1. Realised Gain (equity if lower than realised gain) / ( Max Draw-down * Standard Deviation of trade gains)
    We're looking for a trader who can demonstrate consistent risk management. Those who have sporadic or erratic returns (e.g. large outlier losses) will not receive a better ranking score than someone who has demonstrated consistency.

Here is everything you need to know in order to get started:
    1. Live IC Markets account
    2. Must be under IB (ID: 1619)
    3. Minimum balance of $1,000*
    Unlike some trading contests, you'll be pleased to know that we're not marking up your spreads of trading commissions either!

Entry into this contest will also enroll you into the "Monthly Top Trader" contest too!

Courtesy of IC Markets, the top 3 traders with the highest rank (same as above) will win the following cash prizes deposited into your account:
    1. $750.00 USD
    2. $500.00 USD
    3. $250.00 USD
    So what are you waiting for? Join the Public Trading Room to learn more about how to join this contest!

Hurry though, time is running out as we're due to launch our first Monthly Top Trader contest on the 1st of February! All entrants must have their accounts synced prior to the 1st of February to be eligible for cash prizes in that month!
    -"An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn't happen today"-

Follow me on Quora for Q&A on Forex: https://www.quora.com/profile/Dominic-Gilbert-2

Hey Dom, thanks for the invite. I signed up (1st person ) and can't wait to be part of this.

This is a unique experience and I love what you've done with it.

Comment

Does the million dollars come from a broker or does it mean they will be the next Jay and Hans?

Comment

Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
        Does the million dollars come from a broker or does it mean they will be the next Jay and Hans?
        Hey Big River Man - next Jay and Hans
        -"An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn't happen today"-

Follow me on Quora for Q&A on Forex: https://www.quora.com/profile/Dominic-Gilbert-2

Comment

Just to let people know as they might have the same issue, I opened an account 2013 with a different IB and they wont change the IB to this one. The only solution is to open a new account with a different email address they tell me.

Comment

Originally posted by freddy250 View Post
            Just to let people know as they might have the same issue, I opened an account 2013 with a different IB and they wont change the IB to this one. The only solution is to open a new account with a different email address they tell me.
            Hi Freddy250!

Could I ask you to please send me a private message and I will look into this for you straight away!

Comment

Can USA traders join the contest?

Comment

Originally posted by mybit View Post
                Can USA traders join the contest?
                At this particular moment in time, this is not an option for US clients. However, we are working hard behind the scenes in trying to find a way to allow US clients entry to it. Keep an eye on this space and the trade room.

Comment

Comment

Hi I already have an ic markets account, I have put in my details, how will i know if everything has been excepted for the competition, i was expecting an email. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by BancoSpielbergo View Post
                      Hi I already have an ic markets account, I have put in my details, how will i know if everything has been excepted for the competition, i was expecting an email. Thanks
                      Hi There!

We can see your application - fear not, we're just in the process of verifying if your account is under our IB ID (1619).

Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions / confirmation.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom View Post

At this particular moment in time, this is not an option for US clients. However, we are working hard behind the scenes in trying to find a way to allow US clients entry to it. Keep an eye on this space and the trade room.
                        That would be great and even better with more broker options. Tallinex, TradersWay, FXchoice for USA and pepperstone, axitrader, globalprime, fxpro, lmax, mtcook, and others would be appreciated.

Comment

Can you guys explain the global leader board more and how allocation will work? Will this be similar to Darwinex where Fund allocation goes to the top 3 traders each month.

Comment

Originally posted by HedgeBitcoin View Post
                            Can you guys explain the global leader board more and how allocation will work? Will this be similar to Darwinex where Fund allocation goes to the top 3 traders each month.
                            Hey there!

We're looking for our next team trader / trading partner to manage our capital, brokers and clients in a managed account.

You can learn more about the contest rules inside the trade room. If you click the banner, then scroll right down it will outline everything you need to know

2 days left before February top trader contest starts (cash prizes are being awarded to 1st, 2nd and 3rd places!). Entrants after the 1st of February will be entered in to the March Top Trader contest.

Comment

Thanks Dom. 3 months on the leader board and 9 month track record without using martingale will be an interesting battle for AUM. Are there any other strategy qualifications or limitations that are in place? Also I like how the max drawdown isn't an issue, so we can basically trade as aggressive as we see fit and the scoring is based on the adjusted return/ dd. Then, your company can reduce the exposure to what ever is necessary to stay within your company's maximum drawdown threshold. Great Idea.

Comment

Working...
                              X