Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW: Top Trader Contest - Chance of managing over $1,000,000!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

for the first time I let my profit run with two trades that had big gains: standard deviation increased from 0.634 to 2.170 which is a lot but due to gains, so it's nice

The result is that I am in the 12nd place even having a gain/dd ratio and an absolute gain better than a lot of other competitors ahead me

I suggest to review the ranking method strongly increasing the positive weight of having big right tales in the P/L distribution to not penalize so much who let the profit run

I hope it could help

BMM
    Last edited by BMM; 05-25-2017, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Hi guys,
      in this difficult period with only one rock solid trader in game, I was looking for some new services but it's quite difficult to find a good one. My first check is always related to drawdown. I don't like dd higher than 15% (stated). In my calculation it's the percentage that could be recovered easily to go again in a new equity high. As you know, if you lose 50%, then you must gain 100% to recover, it's math. After it, I check monthly performance. VPS, service fee and so on have a cost. Without a good performance you lose money. There are also other parameters that I check but "safe&gain" are the most important,imho. Nick,FS team, do you think that someone would choose many of the top traders in this contest? I thought the ranking driver would be related to Top Traders but I'd ask to the community which signals would be choosen.. In the top 10, just 2. I think you should check the ranking formula..it's a Top trader contest, not the Less Volatility contest.
      bull_2nd

Comment

Hi,
        I am new for this forum & thanks for your post

Comment

Sounds interesting .

Comment

Working...
          X