Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW: Top Trader Contest - Chance of managing over $1,000,000!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big River Man View Post

Thank you Bull. The timing couldn't of been better as my desktop blew up last week so the money is going straight towards a new computer and to help pay for the development of an EA.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Well done mate.

You're developing an EA? Tell me more!
    Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Nick

Well done mate.

You're developing an EA? Tell me more!
      Yeah I'm trying to find a coder to make me an EA off apps like Fiver and Freelance. Pretty expensive though. The buggers charge hundreds of dollars and won't give the code just the .exe file though. Lame. I want to convert strategy into an EA so I can trade NY session.

Anyhow the priority now is getting a new PC so that I can trade properly. Laptop thing I'm on now is too slow and small it can't even handle a live stream and 2 mt4 terminals open at once. Let alone all the other trading related programs I tend to work with. Annoying.

Last edited by Big River Man; 04-05-2017, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Yeah I'm trying to find a coder to make me an EA off apps like Fiver and Freelance. Pretty expensive though. The buggers charge hundreds of dollars and won't give the code just the .exe file though. Lame. I want to convert strategy into an EA so I can trade NY session.

Anyhow the priority now is getting a new PC so that I can trade properly. Laptop thing I'm on now is too slow and small it can't even handle a live stream and 2 mt4 terminals open at once. Let alone all the other trading related programs I tend to work with. Annoying.

I've got an idea.

How about if we built it for you and then make the .ex4 freely available to the community? We'd give you the source code as well obviously.

I could be a cool project to discuss how an EA is built and then for others to get involved in helping you test and run it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick

I've got an idea.

How about if we built it for you and then make the .ex4 freely available to the community? We'd give you the source code as well obviously.

I could be a cool project to discuss how an EA is built and then for others to get involved in helping you test and run it.
          Let me stew on this scenario for some time. New computer setup first and foremost.

Comment

Let me stew on this scenario for some time. New computer setup first and foremost.

Yeah ok, but I can't promise we'll have the capacity to do it later.

Right now there's an opportunity because Byron from our development team has some down time.

Comment

New computer setup first and foremost.
              Hi BRM, I was looking at laptop replacements myself & I was considering this (you are in Aus I take it) from here http://www.harveynorman.com.au/compu...-6-laptop.html or wherever: HP 15-AY181TX 15.6" Laptop

Not sure what your budget stretches to but I thought this seemed good value -15.6 " screen, dedicated 4GB graphics, HD display, 8GB RAM,1TB HD, Intel core i7 processor, which is a big upgrade from my current rather old Toshiba Satellite A300 with 3GB usable RAM & 300 GB hard disk with outdated processor speed which I managed to resurrect with a new keyboard for $29, but it's still long in the tooth for laptop -10 yrs or so & I still need to replace it I think before sudden death occurs. There's cheaper of course but dedicated graphics (& HD display) puts laptops into a different price range & should allow to run without hogging RAM from other processes like if you're streaming video as you said you do.
              Last edited by littlemax; 04-06-2017, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by littlemax

Hi BRM, I was looking at laptop replacements myself & I was considering this (you are in Aus I take it) from here http://www.harveynorman.com.au/compu...-6-laptop.html or wherever: HP 15-AY181TX 15.6" Laptop

Not sure what your budget stretches to but I thought this seemed good value -15.6 " screen, dedicated 4GB graphics, HD display, 8GB RAM,1TB HD, Intel core i7 processor, which is a big upgrade from my current rather old Toshiba Satellite A300 with 3GB usable RAM & 300 GB hard disk with outdated processor speed which I managed to resurrect with a new keyboard for $29, but it's still long in the tooth for laptop -10 yrs or so & I still need to replace it I think before sudden death occurs. There's cheaper of course but dedicated graphics (& HD display) puts laptops into a different price range & should allow to run without hogging RAM from other processes like if you're streaming video as you said you do.
                Thanks littlemax! But too late! Paid for a new Dell XPS 15 today.....aa they had a big sale on for few days only so got 25% off or 20% anyway it's a beast and has fingerprint recognition and Windows Pro so I won't be forced to upgrade Windows if I don't want to....now I just got email saying it won't come till the 20th!!! Oh man!!! So happy then so sad!!!

Comment

Just checked it out - rocket! You'll have fun with that BRM!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post

Yeah ok, but I can't promise we'll have the capacity to do it later.

Right now there's an opportunity because Byron from our development team has some down time.
                    I am still not sure if I would take you up on this as to just make an EA of my strategy that is serving me well on the contest might be shooting myself in my own foot. So I am in no rush and quite indecisive on this. BUT I do like your general idea. And if he has downtime and has an interest I would be interested in throwing some other ideas out there of more simple robots or even indis that the community here could use.

For example. I have had ideas to play around with Rob Booker's Finch Robot, and would be happy to play around with it with the community here, I also like an idea quite similar to how another prominent trader of Twitter trades and making a indicator for that. They are both countertrend which is the opposite to how I trade but if they were able to be created then the community here could play around with them and find something profitable or helpful together? I could PM you or just openly talk about it in this thread but I don't want to hijack your competition thread.

It may be that (well it's likely highly probable) other forum members have other ideas or better ideas.

Comment

I am still not sure if I would take you up on this as to just make an EA of my strategy that is serving me well on the contest might be shooting myself in my own foot. So I am in no rush and quite indecisive on this. BUT I do like your general idea. And if he has downtime and has an interest I would be interested in throwing some other ideas out there of more simple robots or even indis that the community here could use.

For example. I have had ideas to play around with Rob Booker's Finch Robot, and would be happy to play around with it with the community here, I also like an idea quite similar to how another prominent trader of Twitter trades and making a indicator for that. They are both countertrend which is the opposite to how I trade but if they were able to be created then the community here could play around with them and find something profitable or helpful together? I could PM you or just openly talk about it in this thread but I don't want to hijack your competition thread.

It may be that (well it's likely highly probable) other forum members have other ideas or better ideas.
                      Thanks BRM,

I'll look at starting a new thread, because I think this concept could grow into something.

We can then get members mechanical strategies and build it into an indicator or EA for the benefit of everyone.

Comment

Ok, I've set up a dedicated thread and invite all ideas. Let's build something awesome for the benefit of everyone:

Hey Guys, I'd like to invite everyone to submit your technical trading strategies for discussion, with the aim of developing indicators to automate the

Comment

Afternoon traders, just a heads up, I will be removing myself from the trading contest today or tomorrow, so its ok I have not died or blown up or things of the sort, as I am in the midst of moving my main account over to IC, I could have kept the USD account but I made a mistake with base currency when opening that up, as I need my main account in AUD, this will reset my rank on both monthly and global, however I will connect my main account (AUD) in a few days with a balance of about 162k, and then start fresh in the competition again.

I did have a bit of interest with people asking how they can follow me, I just spoke to FS support and they wont be able to waive the 6th month rule(due to new broker) so wont be able to offer on simpletrader, so instead Im also setting up a mql5 as a signal provider, will let you know when thats done.
                          Last edited by minkw; 04-11-2017, 07:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by minkw View Post
                            Afternoon traders, just a heads up, I will be removing myself from the trading contest today or tomorrow, so its ok I have not died or blown up or things of the sort, as I am in the midst of moving my main account over to IC, I could have kept the USD account but I made a mistake with base currency when opening that up, as I need my main account in AUD, this will reset my rank on both monthly and global, however I will connect my main account (AUD) in a few days with a balance of about 162k, and then start fresh in the competition again.

I did have a bit of interest with people asking how they can follow me, I just spoke to FS support and they wont be able to waive the 6th month rule(due to new broker) so wont be able to offer on simpletrader, so instead Im also setting up a mql5 as a signal provider, will let you know when thats done.
                            Thanks Minkw,

You can still list your signal on SimpleTrader, it just won't show in the public marketplace until you've got the 6 months history. You'll still be able to get clients through the direct link.

I'd hate to see you selling your signals to our community on the faceless MQL5 portal just because of this restriction.

Comment

Hi Nick,

I didnt know that was an option,

Thanks I will let them know,

Comment

Some numbers in the Top Trader Monthly contest are not correct!!
                                BMM just got back to No.2 on the April leaderbord with a drawdown of only -0.12% but this drawdown number is not correct.
                                He trades only DAX for a profit target of 3 points... but his last trade (trade #12) which closed today April 12 he was holding for 2 days trough a BIG drawdown...

On April 10 the intraday leaderboard showed a drawdown of -4.26% (see picture). On April 11 the drawdown was even much worse as DAX "crashed" more down.
                                So how is it possible that now none of these 2 drawdowns are shown in the statistics??

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Working...
                                X