Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW: Top Trader Contest - Chance of managing over $1,000,000!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is it possible to modify the ranking page letting know the ranking score of each participant? It's unconfortable to not know the distance between competitors

Comment

Originally posted by Foxfields View Post
      Some numbers in the Top Trader Monthly contest are not correct!!
      BMM just got back to No.2 on the April leaderbord with a drawdown of only -0.12% but this drawdown number is not correct.
      He trades only DAX for a profit target of 3 points... but his last trade (trade #12) which closed today April 12 he was holding for 2 days trough a BIG drawdown...

On April 10 the intraday leaderboard showed a drawdown of -4.26% (see picture). On April 11 the drawdown was even much worse as DAX "crashed" more down.
      So how is it possible that now none of these 2 drawdowns are shown in the statistics??

I thought I was crazy when I saw the -0.12% drawdown today; guess I'm not the only one that noticed...

Comment

Thanks, I'll let Will and Dom know and see if we can find out what's going on.
        Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

Hey all!

Thanks for highlighting this. Will and I will be looking into this to workout whether it's a display issue (meaning, are we factoring this draw-down in the formula but visually it's incorrect or both).

I'll revert back once we get around to looking into it.
          -"An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn't happen today"-

Follow me on Quora for Q&A on Forex: https://www.quora.com/profile/Dominic-Gilbert-2

Comment

Nick and Dom, check your trading room chat PM
            Last edited by BMM; 04-13-2017, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by minkw View Post
              Afternoon traders, just a heads up, I will be removing myself from the trading contest today or tomorrow, so its ok I have not died or blown up or things of the sort, as I am in the midst of moving my main account over to IC, I could have kept the USD account but I made a mistake with base currency when opening that up, as I need my main account in AUD, this will reset my rank on both monthly and global, however I will connect my main account (AUD) in a few days with a balance of about 162k, and then start fresh in the competition again.

I did have a bit of interest with people asking how they can follow me, I just spoke to FS support and they wont be able to waive the 6th month rule(due to new broker) so wont be able to offer on simpletrader, so instead Im also setting up a mql5 as a signal provider, will let you know when thats done.
              Evening traders, Im back and connected in the contest!, as I moved my master account to a new broker all the stats were reset, hopefully I can make it to the top again and compete with PistolPete for that first place!

For those who are interested

FX Blue is a leading provider of apps and services for forex traders. FX Blue offers analysis of trading results, apps such as trade copiers and trade simulators, plus charts and alogrithmic news feeds.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by minkw View Post

Evening traders, Im back and connected in the contest!, as I moved my master account to a new broker all the stats were reset, hopefully I can make it to the top again and compete with PistolPete for that first place!

For those who are interested

FX Blue is a leading provider of apps and services for forex traders. FX Blue offers analysis of trading results, apps such as trade copiers and trade simulators, plus charts and alogrithmic news feeds.

Cheers
                Wow, $150,000 account! Good for you, I'm looking forward to seeing how you perform.

God Speed

Comment

Hey there.. DOM/Nick

I wonder why the stats for the competition is not working correctly, especially in regards to BMM who has some floating DD that is not showing in the leader-board for the contest..

as a member of ForexSignals, I would like to see a fair contest and this issue resolved immediatley/ASAP...

Regards..

Comment

Yes... to Nick/Dom

Did somebody looked into the numbers of BMM yet? Or will he get again 1st place and $750 for a monthly profit of $23.64 only (that's a joke). The drawdown number is a fake!! Maybe he won last month's competition the same way. That's probably why he wont give an interview.

I know what is saw with my own eyes realtime on 11th and 12nd April. He was in a big drawdown with Long DAX trade. You have the investor password, so just check the account history in MT4 from 10th April on. What was his last trade: DAX Long on 10th April around 12'230? Closed at B/E on 12th April? Just need to look at the chart then to see that the drawdown in the ranking cannot be correct.

Every serious trader here would appreciate if we would get an answer to this matter soon...

Comment

Sorry for the delay guys, I'll follow up with Dom and Will today and see if we can get a resolution on this as soon as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Foxfields View Post
                        Maybe he won last month's competition the same way. That's probably why he wont give an interview.
                        I already talked with FS team about this issue one week ago, let them do their work on refining the ranking formula that, I remember to you all, is the same for everybody

No, my last month competition was not affected by this "issue"

No, I am going to have a written interview as soon as I receive the questionary as agreed before Easter

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                          Sorry for the delay guys, I'll follow up with Dom and Will today and see if we can get a resolution on this as soon as possible.
                          What's the hold up with this?

Do you guys know what has happened?

Comment

We are looking at this today - we know what the issue is its just going to take a bit of time to correct it. I'll update later.

Comment

posted in blog:

This is a quick update to let you know that the trading competition stats are going through some maintenance that has taken far longer than anticipated. Please note that the stats have not been updating since early GMT Friday, and will remain offline over the weekend until we complete.

This will have no effect to any person's stats, and they'll automatically calculate the days missed once we put them back online.

Comment

We are still working on this - its turned into a MASSIVE recode of multiple areas to get everything in line and working properly.

This was actually only effecting BMM as he's pretty much the only person trading CFD's. I'm hoping to have it sorted in the next 24 hours.

Comment

Working...
                                X