No announcement yet.

Top Trader Contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm glad that this has been looked at by moderaters now. I'm sorry if I opened up a can of worms but it's my belief that this formula needs to be sorted. Especially as it's also how the ST marketplace ranking is sorted.
    Congrats to winners of the month.
    Again I'd like to remind people and to apologize for my withdrawal from the competition. It's purely because I am backpacking and has computer failures and personal turmoil before I left home. And it well and truly showed in my trading. I will reenter when I return home and post up my data and 6 months of trading history prior to even entering the comp to show the positive results.

I am Just a Man Frustrated with Tapatalk and New Forum Integration

Comment

Hey guys, the new ranking formula is being worked on at the minute - I'll give more updates over the coming days.

Nothing will actually happen other than people in the competition may shift around a little.

Will update soon.

Comment

I see that third part EA or signals are still present in the rank, I can understand that it could be curious "just for fun" to see how they would perform in our contest so I propose to eliminate them from the official rank and create an other "wide" rank done adding all the signals of the market.

I would like to see how Jay or Hans would be ranked, just for fun

thank you for considering

Comment

I'm not really worried about the two guys using SFE Price action, they've both been totally honest and transparent with it (and they can't win the prizes).

I'd be more worried about anyone doing it dishonestly, as the point of the Compo is for Nick to find some new talent to trade for us.

Comment

Originally posted by gpfwestie
            I'm not really worried about the two guys using SFE Price action, they've both been totally honest and transparent with it (and they can't win the prizes).

I'd be more worried about anyone d
            oing it dishonestly, as the point of the Compo is for Nick to find some new talent to trade for us.
            I agree. Maybe even give them an asterisk or a different colour.
            I actually can't wait to join the competition again. Haven't logged into website for ages. Who's doing well? Is minkw and Pistol Pete still killing it?

Comment

Originally posted by Big River Man View Post

I agree. Maybe even give them an asterisk or a different colour.
              I actually can't wait to join the competition again. Haven't logged into website for ages. Who's doing well? Is minkw and Pistol Pete still killing it?
              Yes, asterix or something like that would be fine.

It's my first time in the compo, so not sure how it's supposed to go. Minkw was top dog, then lost out pretty badly on the NFP numbers last week. Klass is at 10, PistolPete at 13, Jimmy's at 5th.

It's all changing hour by hour at the moment though - presumably once we get closer to the end it'll calm down a bit. I saw a post from Will saying the scoring is going to be changed this month, so who knows where we'll all be at the end of the month.

It's pretty exciting though, I'm enjoying it (also pretty proud of my current Placing at 11th ... which will not last).

Comment

[QUOTE=gpfwestie;n87681]

Yes, asterix or something like that would be fine.
                /QUOTE]

Yeah, Agree. Just need to note those in the comp but not eligible for the prize.

Be interesting to see SC,GoldStar,Mentors Jason and Andrew,SFE PA amongst it all in the comp.

Who knows might be able toe get Nick , Will ,Dom & Daniel all in it (The FS Team !! competitors) .

All for fun and learning from each other.
                Last edited by genki7; 08-07-2017, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gpfwestie View Post

I'd be more worried about anyone doing it dishonestly, as the point of the Compo is for Nick to find some new talent to trade for us.
                  I was in the contest for 2 months before I started using an EA. TBH, I didn't realize EA was not allowed by the rules as I saw many using EA's even in the first interview I listened to the 1st place winner PistolPete explaining it. And he had 1,000's of trades so it was obviously an EA.

In fact, I opened an account to join the Premium Room, then that changed. Of course, that account didn't qualify for contest, so I had to open another account. If it changes again, I'll be gone.

As for the "rules" my thoughts are, biggest percentage gain is all you need, be it manual, bats, tea leave reading, star gazing or EA making the trade decisions. The old KISS principle.

Only "rule" might be, no more than 15% or 20% drawdown form an equity high just to be sure traders are aware of where they are. How would klass bend that rule and still win? Maybe we need different contests, like special Olympics

It's real money accounts, let's all make a Million Dollars ASAP

Comment

My own system is an EA I wrote myself, so I don't see that as a problem (though it may be, and am happy to be disqualified if it is)

More it's that Joel should be getting the credit for SFE Price action. And we should all follow him if he wins.

You guys have been totally honest that you are using Joel's EA / Signal, and I think that's fine. Jimmy's actually setup a Signal for SFE Price action, with the Joel's agreement - again no problem with that at all. I'm sure you guys would point Nick to Joel as the actual signal provider if you won too.

My worry is that someone with more 'nefarious' reasons uses a signal / EA, to win the compo, does not credit the owner, and pockets the money themselves.

Comment

Westie crank up the volume

Comment

Erebus ccjhuang dpageok

The top trader competition has unique traders and is very competitive recently...look for yourself...at some of the recent closed trades.
                        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

There does seem to be a common theme when those guys trade

Attached Files

Comment

Humor of the day.

Thanks to the new stellar and revised rules, a dude who made 5 bucks this month and lost money this entire year, is gonna probably win.

I would be hedged now and praying to god. Wich he probably is.

Comment

Originally posted by Sehter View Post
                              Humor of the day.

Thanks to the new stellar and revised rules, a dude who made 5 bucks this month and lost money this entire year, is gonna probably win.

I would be hedged now and praying to god. Wich he probably is.
                              yeah, volatility adapted trading spoiled the contest

Comment

Originally posted by BMM

yeah, volatility adapted trading spoiled the contest
                                They need to **** the volatility off completely. Reward to risk. Profit to drawdown. Keep it simple. On equity and not balance.

Comment

Working...
                                X