Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be the "next" Steady Capture?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who should be the "next" Steady Capture?

Ok, so i think that Steady Capture will be gone for good very soon, not even Nick can defend this kind of trading much longer.

There is a long list of failed forexsignals managed accounts, Kilimanjaro, Smarttrader, Goldstar, FxViper (more or less)...

I never joined the managed accounts because i allways thought that those signals aren't a good investment. FxViper was the only one that got me thinking, even though i knew it's a grid/averaging/whatever strategy, his results almost got me.

But let's get to the point, of the currently available signals on simpletrader, which one would be your choice for a managed account?

SatangFX would be a good choice.

Comment

https://www.myfxbook.com/en/members/...normal/1331484

Comment

Not wishing any ill on Jay but I wouldn't mind seeing Joel Kruger step up to the plate.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kmf View Post
          i agree 100%

very very disciplined = strict rules which he adheres to.

and he actually trades for a living, like me, what a concept

Comment

Would not follow any FS promoted MAMM ever again. They have all been shit with no exceptions.

Comment

Originally posted by kmf View Post
              But it's an averaging strategy after all, and i think forexsignals had enough of those. Even thogh he does a quite a good job until now, he would've hit his DD limit already two times in the last two month if he didn't increase it to 6,5% (instead of 5%)

Comment

Originally posted by Flexable View Post
                Would not follow any FS promoted MAMM ever again. They have all been shit with no exceptions.
                Understandable, but if the right signal is chosen, (for me that would be a non-grid, non-martingale system), i'm wiling to give it a go.

Comment

a) Don't underestimate the pressure of being in the spotlight
                  b) Many traders do OK in ranging markets but get killed in trending, I don't think trending markets are Satang's first pick
                  c) Nick stopped looking for fresh team traders a while ago and I think that was a mistake
                  d) Forum needs more moderation, it's OK to be critical but there has to be a line because it does affect traders in various ways when things get out of hand AND it hurts the platform as well which is actually a much bigger problem for everybody involved looking long term

Comment

They are all scam unfortunately tried them all lost in all final point do not invest in them would be a very logical approach

Comment

Originally posted by primi View Post
                      a) Don't underestimate the pressure of being in the spotlight
                      b) Many traders do OK in ranging markets but get killed in trending, I don't think trending markets are Satang's first pick
                      c) Nick stopped looking for fresh team traders a while ago and I think that was a mistake
                      d) Forum needs more moderation, it's OK to be critical but there has to be a line because it does affect traders in various ways when things get out of hand AND it hurts the platform as well which is actually a much bigger problem for everybody involved looking long term
                      a) agreed.
                      b) traders do okay in the markets their strategys are made for, simple as that.
                      c) I don't think they stopped looking, my guess is that they are very cautious now and just didn't find what they were looking for. But this begs the question of why they incubate "Revolution".. a crappy trading if you ask me. Steady Capture was just lucky to be already here before kicking out fxviper and goldstar.
                      d) There are a few that crossed a line, and there will allways be, but it's not out of control in my opinion. Most comments are just annoying, reapeating the same thing over and over again. If these things affect you, you may be a good trader, but you shouldn't trade publicly, that simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Amadorian View Post

a) agreed.
                        b) traders do okay in the markets their strategys are made for, simple as that.
                        c) I don't think they stopped looking, my guess is that they are very cautious now and just didn't find what they were looking for. But this begs the question of why they incubate "Revolution".. a crappy trading if you ask me. Steady Capture was just lucky to be already here before kicking out fxviper and goldstar.
                        d) There are a few that crossed a line, and there will allways be, but it's not out of control in my opinion. Most comments are just annoying, reapeating the same thing over and over again. If these things affect you, you may be a good trader, but you shouldn't trade publicly, that simple.
                        b) true, but they shouldn't get killed when the markets don't suit them or if they were all around good traders they'd be able to thrive in any market condition actually. We haven't seen what Satang can do in current conditions (or worse) except that he got slightly in trouble twice recently
                        c) perhaps but I think they approached this the wrong way anyway. Dissecting a trader statistically to death is not exactly the way to go in my opinion. You need to have at least one very good trader aboard and look at what a candidate is actually doing with trades. And I don't think they have such a person. You can have good looking statistics but it's still a ticking time bomb and you can very likely recognize it as such if you have more knowledge than 3 phds in statistics
                        d) it's a public forum but it's a private business as well. Try making a scene in the lobby of a private company day after day and see how long you'd last.

Comment

I know you love SFE products but maybe it would be even better to build an algo portfolio with a bit more diversification. I am not a good salesman and don't want to persuade anyone into using my system, but if you look at the performance of the SFE MAMM since its start in Aug 2017 it is still down -5.2% while my system, which in general is very similar to SFE price action but with more risk control, made about 21.8% since Aug 2017. I still think that the SFE products are great and some of the best long-term systems available, but diversifying with other well performing system with lower drawdown is what I would recommend.

Comment

Originally posted by corni View Post

I know you love SFE products but maybe it would be even better to build an algo portfolio with a bit more diversification. I am not a good salesman and don't want to persuade anyone into using my system, but if you look at the performance of the SFE MAMM since its start in Aug 2017 it is still down -5.2% while my system, which in general is very similar to SFE price action but with more risk control, made about 21.8% since Aug 2017. I still think that the SFE products are great and some of the best long-term systems available, but diversifying with other well performing system with lower drawdown is what I would recommend.
                            https://www.myfxbook.com/en/members/...calper/1393341

Comment

Originally posted by ccjhuang

Yes I totally agree with you about diversification, and that�s why I also run SFE Night Scalper on my Personal account. SFE NS on vendor�s account has also made about 500% gain since the account started (https://www.myfxbook.com/en/members/...calper/1393341), but I don�t promote SFE NS much due to the concern that too many people using it at the same time may cause more slippage and affect the performance of the EA, given that it mainly trades during the quieter Asian session.
                              Not sure about the 500% increase. More like 200% but still great stats anyway.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X