Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be the "next" Steady Capture?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dazz1975 View Post
    Not wishing any ill on Jay but I wouldn't mind seeing Joel Kruger step up to the plate.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    He ran a signal back in 2014 or 2015 and it was a total disaster

Comment

Well I don't want to argue if you prefer 22% drawdown over 5%.

About Joel, I think his contrarian signals are not bad, he has more patience than most others. But in late 2016 he went short SPX and even used averaging to add more to that position. I basically lost my trust at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by daileycon

Those people you're wanting moderation from were warning you. Maybe you will listen to them next time. Don't blame the trolls.
        Again you're missing the point completely but then again you revealed all of your mature wisdom in the other thread with one of the stupidest remarks and you're not in the position to lecture to anybody. That goes for your buddy also. You can get back to me when you'we done the math I asked you to do and then I can try to explain the stupidity of it in full and maybee you'll understand but it's unlikely.

About the recent loss I know the danger of trading this or any other strategy so I'm not sure what you tried to warn me about because there was nothing.

Comment

Hey All,

Thanks for the mention, thanks but no thanks, my plate is full at the moment, I have about 40 subs 20 private clients and 2 prop/allocation accounts, also Nick has not approached me, even if he did its currently not an opportunity I would currently look into as I am a one band man.

__

I have mentioned this before and am quite clear in relation to the strategy, yes I average in and out of positions. sometimes scale out, the reason being no one can pick the correct entry 100% all the time, so I break down the positions down, the strategy is 90% range and 10% trend continuation, the markets have been hard to read for the last few months and this has resulted in dd, I am about 4% dd and confident I can navigate out.

I personally dont think their is anything wrong with averaging, as long as risk and leverage is taken into consideration,

I really dont want to say this(as been contemplating if I should state the following for the last few hours, as its the weekend) but I think SC/Jays post are not what people want to hear, we can all read between the lines, and what everyone wants its just a simple and straightforward answer, I do read all of SC/Jays post but he sugar coats everything, well more perhaps in a professional technical manner, I honestly cannot believe I just stated the prior, as rule of thumb providers should not negativity comment on other providers, on the flip side, he probably has to as he is the main trader behind FS/Thinkhuge an needs to portray a professional approach,

SC/Jay I am really sorry about what I just stated and hope you can understand, no hard feelings.

On a personal note I am sorry to hear about the losses investors have endured with SC/Jay over the last few months, I have the upmost respect for him and can understand the pressure he must be under, trust me I know.

Anyway I think I am venting a bit as its the weekend and ive had a few drinks, after-all we are all humans and we will make mistakes,

Oh, also on another note I have received the first round of allocation from AxiTrader in their Select program, will get around to getting it verified on myfxbook next week some time,

Kind Regards,

Satang FX / Min

Comment

Originally posted by corni View Post

Well I don't want to argue if you prefer 22% drawdown over 5%.

Comment

My system actually uses the same general logic as SFE just with better management of time filter and risk/reward, so no use averaging or any methods that will result in such drawdowns that you mentioned.
              You could run some backtests to verify that: https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/26551
              But to be honest I am quite happy with the smaller attention my system gets right now.
              Being chosen as the next must-perform signal here would be a very stressful situation, so I can understand Min that he would probably decline the offer.
              Last edited by corni; 04-28-2018, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Comment

satang,

Oh, also on another note I have received the first round of allocation from AxiTrader in their Select program, will get around to getting it verified on myfxbook next week some time.))))))))))))))))))))))))))

oh wow,

this is something you sure can be very proud of, thats a serious accomplishment, my hats of to you.

not too many traders have achieved anything close to that.

keep it up man

Comment

Hey thanks, I was trying to get verified today, however as its the weekend, axi/myfxbook went update, will do it next week,

also thanks for your kind words

Comment

"Wont" I mean

to scared to edit my post as it will probably flagged as spam

Comment

satang,

you are welcome. i simply have the highest respect for any trader who makes his living from profits generated, as simple as that.

to me only profits/history counts and bullshit walks.

my favorite of all times = best trader i have ever seen to date is thales, going with the trend based purely on pa, he also clearly makes a living from trading profits. so many others i see all over simply dont.

thales is the master bar none,

but then again, mr super moderator charly would call it a scam since thales account is not fully verified and simply cant be true, when in fact it is.

coincidentally charly has his own signal now, where he makes peanuts in profits, granted while at least not blowing his account. but any follower cranking up the risk in order to make decent profits will eventually regret having cranked up the risk, if ya know what i mean.

anyway, the bottom line is this, any trader who makes his living from actual trading profits is a star in my book...................................

Comment

Originally posted by reinerh View Post
                          satang,

you are welcome. i simply have the highest respect for any trader who makes his living from profits generated, as simple as that.

to me only profits/history counts and bullshit walks.

my favorite of all times = best trader i have ever seen to date is thales, going with the trend based purely on pa, he also clearly makes a living from trading profits. so many others i see all over simply dont.

thales is the master bar none,

but then again, mr super moderator charly would call it a scam since thales account is not fully verified and simply cant be true, when in fact it is.

coincidentally charly has his own signal now, where he makes peanuts in profits, granted while at least not blowing his account. but any follower cranking up the risk in order to make decent profits will eventually regret having cranked up the risk, if ya know what i mean.

anyway, the bottom line is this, any trader who makes his living from actual trading profits is a star in my book...................................

Nope, I would not call Thales a scam. His track record is verified and he uses LMAX which is a legitimate broker. In fact, he looks like a very good trader.

Your account, which is now hidden from your portfolio, had no track record verified, and also the broker was set to "Unknown" on myfxbook. Your results were incredible, and if you recall, all I asked was for you to advise which broker you were using, and why the account history was not verified on myfxbook. You simply would not answer the question, and just attacked me, which is very strange, as you continue to attack me on this forum on a daily basis.

I honestly cant understand what your deal is, my question was so straight forward.

Comment

drcp,

look whos talking................

you are single handedly responsible of the withdrawal of my signal since you called me a scammer and who knows what else over and over, even so it was explained to you in plain english all my various reasons.

anybody care to read about the debacle can go here, see link below and see for yourself, also read post 57 what to look for in finding a good system, charlys signal most certainly does not fit the bill

but this is all water under the bridge by now, since i make my profits from trading but none or less was looking forward to sharing my trades and enrichen this community.

Its finally here, actually i did not want to publish it yet since this was not a virgin account when i started to trade Impulse on it. So the history is mighty

yeah payback is a *****................................

Comment

Originally posted by reinerh View Post
                              drcp,

look whos talking................

you are single handedly responsible of the withdrawal of my signal since you called me a scammer and who knows what else over and over, even so it was explained to you in plain english all my various reasons.

anybody care to read about the debacle can go here, see link below and see for yourself, also read post 57 what to look for in finding a good system, charlys signal most certainly does not fit the bill

but this is all water under the bridge by now, since i make my profits from trading but none or less was looking forward to sharing my trades and enrichen this community.

Its finally here, actually i did not want to publish it yet since this was not a virgin account when i started to trade Impulse on it. So the history is mighty

yeah payback is a *****................................

Ok, I cant understand your deal at all. I am not responding to you again on this forum. I have stated over and over what my questions were, and you never answer me, instead you attack, and divert to other topics.

I have to say, you are destroying your reputation with your posts, you come accross as rather bitter and twisted.

You are welcome to continue to attack me, hopefully by now the other senior members here can see you for who you really are.

Comment

Originally posted by primi View Post
                                a) Don't underestimate the pressure of being in the spotlight
                                b) Many traders do OK in ranging markets but get killed in trending, I don't think trending markets are Satang's first pick
                                c) Nick stopped looking for fresh team traders a while ago and I think that was a mistake
                                d) Forum needs more moderation, it's OK to be critical but there has to be a line because it does affect traders in various ways when things get out of hand AND it hurts the platform as well which is actually a much bigger problem for everybody involved looking long term
                                All of this 100%

Comment

Working...
                                X