Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be the "next" Steady Capture?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

drcp,

i concur, the senior members here are quite intelligent, and will easily understand, especially after reading my thread what your attack and tirade on me was all about, its very obvious.

and i also begin to wonder why other good traders left simpletrader, sam and thales for example, maybe satang will be next it would not surprise me.

in the end, the only real loosers are simpletraders customers since only amateur traders like you are left pretty much.
    Last edited by reinerh; 04-29-2018, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Im not sure there will be a replacement so quickly if Nick didnt approach anyone in the past several months. Someone wrote what im about to write a long time ago, some days you win, some days you lose, you cant make money every month or months. You can have an amazing year and a bad year as well, you cant say a strategy is bad after losing for a few weeks and even months. I also dont like telling a trader when to stop trading or what to trade and how much leverage to use. Interfering is usually the worse thing you can do to a trader.

Comment

Hi all,

As promisied please find below fully verified myfxbook for the AxiTrader Select Allocation, I was able to verify this as Axi are an actual broker, whereby the other two prop allocations are not brokers,

I know its not much but its just the first rounds of funding, and if successful they are able to allocate 1 million+ in the coming months,

The other two prop funds are not substantial, being 30k and 58k, however just thought would let you know,

Also yes I plan on leaving simpletrader, hopefully by the end of this year, perhaps maybe earlier, as the customer service side of offering signals is significant, its just me here and I dont have the infrastructure behind me in relation to customer service, it also outweighs the net gain of the signal price, offering a signal was a great launch pad for the MAMs, but the real money is prop/allocation, I am currently in two minds in relation to servicing existing subs, not sure yet,

I am not to sure how im going to be able to leave simpletrader, I think will need to get flat then work out refunds for everyone, but will tackle that problem when it arrises, Also my PayPal is all over the place, and due to the high amount of traffic on my account some subs have had issues with payment, also PayPal and the IRS are onto me as I accept payments in USD but I dont even live or have any property in the United States, total nightmare is all I can say.

Kind Regards,

Satang FX / Min

https://www.myfxbook.com/members/Sat...cation/2510808

Comment

Is it any wonder then that there are no useful signals to be found. Anybody even remotely capable of trading for a living sooner or later moves away and then you're only left with the usual dodgy signals that work for a while at best and then crash.

Comment

Originally posted by primi View Post
            Is it any wonder then that there are no useful signals to be found. Anybody even remotely capable of trading for a living sooner or later moves away and then you're only left with the usual dodgy signals that work for a while at best and then crash.

Comment

You're doing fine but I don't particularly like breakout strategies like that. All it takes is to miss this one good day perhaps in months and you completely miss the recovery. I like when it's more balanced.

Comment

Originally posted by primi View Post
                You're doing fine but I don't particularly like breakout strategies like that. All it takes is to miss this one good day perhaps in months and you completely miss the recovery. I like when it's more balanced.
                That is why my strategy only trades during high-probability time periods like speeches of central bankers etc. That way you don't get in such a big drawdown (historically). On the other hand you can miss some opportunities like the Friday GBP movement. But historically it was the more profitable choice and if you run any of both strategies on a VPS the probability of missing out an important movement is rather small.

Comment

I've been watching Corni's signal for a few months now, and decided to hop on board this morning.

I'm also not a fan of trading breakout's for myself, but the history and back test look all good to me.

It is also a completely different system than I trade (trend following) which tends to lost out when a trend changes. It appeals to have a portfolio of strategies that concentrate on different market conditions. Anyway makes sense to me.

Comment

satang,

congrats on your axi deal, thats mighty impressive. if only nick would be able to see talent when it presents itself.

also i had a hunch you be leaving as well, what a shame. you were one trading for a living, just like thales, sam and so on.

thats sure another big loss for this community.

nick sure needs to put more emphasis on retaining and attracting talent, but i am afraid this is all too late now.

Comment

That's probably where managed accounts come in because with results they're generating more fees. But I'm firmly a signal subscriber because I want to have control over the trades and risk so I can make adjustments as I see fit.

Comment

My vote goes to cartman; always and forever.

Comment

Is anyone watching FX Viper, I mean this guy I used to rate highly but damn deep in those Euro trade basket for ages and now holding onto couple GU positions 500 pips down, I mean everyone is screaming GBPUSD shorts if you see Daily and weekly its all on the down i see GBP going to 1.25 too, why not ride the wave instead of going against the market, strange trader, still hats on to his mentality and holding on, but thats no way to trade in my eyes....

Comment

Originally posted by monira

FXViper is currently managing $700 millions funds. How is that possible?
                            http://www.internationalforexgroup.com/
                            I think his 'mentor' Fx Trusted is partnering in this venture. Note that they have a 1 million minimum.

Cheers,
                            Rod

Comment

Originally posted by monira

FXViper is currently managing $700 millions funds. How is that possible?
                              http://www.internationalforexgroup.com/
                              I think it's all about exposure and propaganda.
                              The performance is actually quite poor and the growth they show on their webpage doesn't even take into account the current DD.
                              If you look at the yellow equity line on their Myfxbook page, it's now back to where it was in November 2017, which means no growth at all in equity for 2018.

On the other hand, SFE Price Action trades way better than any human traders I know, yet it has never been popular because the vendor never really promotes it. Its doesn't have a nice and straight growth line like others (even though it's definitely profitable in the long term), and people simply give up on it as soon as they hit their first DD.

Comment

Remember Amplified? Viper was an improvement over those guys whoever they were. And then he made us all a lot of money but his trading was terribly inefficient. I believe Steady was again an improvement over Viper. The obvious difference being that Viper never takes a loss even though he has to pay serious money being hedged forever. His performance since he left is pretty poor in part because the market doesn't suit him that much anymore and in part because he's probably offseting his losses with any profits that he can make now. Had he closed the trades his history would pretty much look like Steady's without going into much detail. Viper prefers his months to be positive at all costs. That seriously constrains you and forces you into suboptimal trade management. From performance point of view it's bad but it looks better with all those positive returns if you just look at balance.

Comment

Working...
                                X