Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be the "next" Steady Capture?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OutsideTheBoxHK View Post

Just emotionally, flippantly throwing out a signal service after 5 losing trades or a 2 month losing streak might be the worst thing to do.
    And I actually find this happens more often than not. People getting jumpy after a 10 or 15% drawdown, and then at least with systems that can produce more significant gains in good times, the recovery will be lost if you divest.
    This, of course, goes both ways, so sometimes it's important to divest at the right time when you think a strategy is starting to fail terminally.
    10 or 15% DD might not bad if the trader is making 3-5% monthly. It is a problem however if the avg monthly profit is 1%. You are throwing around these numbers without any context. I gladly take 10% DD if I know realistically I can make it back in 2-3 months but I would not be willing to wait for a year.

Besides, why would anyone want to invest in systems that make 15% one month and lose 10% the next? Those spikes make me think twice about a system. I prefer to have steady returns month to month to extreme highs and lows like so many traders seem to base their systems on.

Comment

Originally posted by GiancaFutures View Post
      I am Viper sub...yes we took a hit today...yes it was not good indeed...but it easy to speak later. I do not mind, I know Jeff will never put in danger my account. He is a tough guy, after all these years a hit is ok...I am still up overall and nobody can make money every year. I personally told Jeff to delete the account because it is not fair to show all the trades. I am sure Viper will put all energy to recover. Cheers, Gianca
      Let me get this straight. You have/had a floating DD for 2 years and you still trust this trader after what happened this week and will keep him to manage your funds?
      Last edited by Xinvestor; 05-05-2018, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Xinvestor View Post

Let me get this straight. You have/had a floating DD for 2 years and you still trust this trader after what happened this week and will keep him to manage your funds?

Comment

I was thinking the same thing. They have the DD going just to keep the investors. Its much harder mentally to exit a PAMM when just equity is in DD than when balance goes down even though its much worse. Its an old rule better to be flat than in a bad trade....

Comment

Yes and I think the following illustrates the point - take these two accounts for example:

Account 1:
            E5034789-185C-4180-950D-C3C8456388D9.jpeg

Account 2:
            84C1783B-A99E-481C-AF9B-6246BC8EBB5B.jpeg

Comment

You do not know what you are talking about. I REPEAT SO THAT YOU CAN UNDERSTAND: You do not know what you are talking about. Now do me a favour: go at the beginning of this post and read again. I read your post: you are very good with words, but you do not know what you are talking about. Staying in a DD to keep clients: what's the purpose: MAM manager only earns performance fee on high-watermark. You do not...you can finish.

Comment

You do not know what you are talking about. I REPEAT SO THAT YOU CAN UNDERSTAND: You do not know what you are talking about. Now do me a favour: go at the beginning of this post and read again. I read your post: you are very good with words, but you do not know what you are talking about. Staying in a DD to keep clients: what's the purpose: MAM manager only earns performance fee on high-watermark. You do not...you can finish.
                Im afraid he know exactly what he talking about ...Viper have been 2 years in minus ..First sign of collapse is what we study now ,, He removes his myfxbook ,,His monthly performance can not go lower ,, And DD is bigger for every month so it will be exciting next level

Comment

I am the one who doesnt know what I am talking about but you are the person who invested with Viper and has been in DD for the last 2 years. Did you forget to take your medicine?

I am pretty sure Viper gets some hefty rebates so he makes money regardless, he just doesnt tell you about it. Maybe he is even charging an additional mark up, that I dont know. He keeps opening trades and gets paid from every single trade so he can keep the floating DD open while still making 1 or 2$ rebate per every single lot traded. Performance fee is nice if he can get it but he doesnt need it. Do you now understand what we were talking about do I have to explain it one more time for you?

I get you are stressed that you have been blowing away your money for the past 2 years but come on. You made a stupid decision by investing with this guy in the first place, then kept making stupid decisions by continuing to be invested and now that everyone is telling you to get out, you still maintain that Jeff is a good trader and he will never put your money at risk. You are either and idiot or delusional, there is no other explanation.

Months ago I predicted SC crash and Viper crash. SC already happened and Viper is slowly but surely getting there. Keep your money with Viper and see what happens, I am sure Jeff is concerned about yur investment even more than you are. He will not allow himself to put it in danger hahahaha

Comment

In Search of the secret fund manager .Still waiting for the reply

Comment

Originally posted by MrMcmahon View Post
                      In Search of the secret fund manager .Still waiting for the reply
                      Wow, you are desperate

If you keep stalking me, I might have to report you.

Comment

Wow, you are desperate

If you keep stalking me, I might have to report you.
                        Lol so now i cannt even comment on anything ???
                        Report for what ???? Please do it

Comment

Originally posted by MrMcmahon View Post
                          Lol so now i cannt even comment on anything ???
                          Report for what ???? Please do it
                          Everywhere I post something, you show up and start posting stuff unrelated to the thread. I think you might be obsessed, all signs point to it. I really dont mind it but I doubt people on this thread want to be reading your crap. If you want something, write me a PM but I am done responing to you.

Comment

I am the one who doesnt know what I am talking about but you are the person who invested with Viper and has been in DD for the last 2 years. Did you forget to take your medicine?

I am pretty sure Viper gets some hefty rebates so he makes money regardless, he just doesnt tell you about it. Maybe he is even charging an additional mark up, that I dont know. He keeps opening trades and gets paid from every single trade so he can keep the floating DD open while still making 1 or 2$ rebate per every single lot traded. Performance fee is nice if he can get it but he doesnt need it. Do you now understand what we were talking about do I have to explain it one more time for you?

I get you are stressed that you have been blowing away your money for the past 2 years but come on. You made a stupid decision by investing with this guy in the first place, then kept making stupid decisions by continuing to be invested and now that everyone is telling you to get out, you still maintain that Jeff is a good trader and he will never put your money at risk. You are either and idiot or delusional, there is no other explanation.

Months ago I predicted SC crash and Viper crash. SC already happened and Viper is slowly but surely getting there. Keep your money with Viper and see what happens, I am sure Jeff is concerned about yur investment even more than you are. He will not allow himself to put it in danger hahahaha

Your words to me means zero...Don't Talk the Talk if You Can't Walk the Walk. I will not answer to your post anymore. If you were so good at predicting failures did you take opposite trades? I guess you do not even have an account. But I would like to give you a chance: can I invest with you Italian Lira o Spanish Peso? How does that sound to you? cheers

Comment

Time to hit the showers Xinvestor.

Calling other members stupid and delusional because they disagree with you isn't ok.

I've banned you for 7 days.
                              Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by RenkoGuy

I think it should be me.
                                Please PM me your paypal, I am ready to invest with you.

Comment

Working...
                                X