X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harbor. Kilimanjaro. Viper.

Comment

• Comment

• Gah I can't access any myfxbook data (baaaad internet) and my account just has lots of partial closures so I think that steady just made us some pips selling EU? was that steady? If so thank you. Was good pippage

Comment

• Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
          Gah I can't access any myfxbook data (baaaad internet) and my account just has lots of partial closures so I think that steady just made us some pips selling EU? was that steady? If so thank you. Was good pippage
          Yeah, you should have a smile when you log into your account. I made about $5k with him today.
          Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

• Okay! I'm assuming your account is less than $100k as well then?....

Comment

• Hi gang,
              I've been watching this guy's trades today and got a question:
              Why have a SL of about 250pips for only a TP of about 22pips?

The risk is too high for such a small win and "when" you hit a SL, you'll give back 10 winners.
              And if you basket, nightingale or hedge etc, there's a real risk of blowing up.

This doesn't sound like good risk/money management to me.
              I mean, at least he uses SL and sure you can exit before the stop is hit, but then what's the point of using them in the first place?

I'm starting to actually think peter brennan's video of Review of FX Viper sounds familiar, re "High success rate technics"

Thanks
              Mike

Comment

• Good work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Just checked my accounts this morning- one trade after another-a green screen- a big smile- many thanks

Comment

• Great job man

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Comment

• very nice!

Comment

• Thanks guys,

In case Myfxbook still isn't working for everybody - The Master is now flat in cash and up about 2.57% on the week.

BrokeMike,

You make a valid observation about trades using higher SL's than TP's (thus an unfavourable risk/reward ratio), so let me clarify a few things. It's part of my mandate that I've committed to with ForexSignals.com to always use stops, which is a good policy in Forex. If a surprise disaster hits during live trading and you're in a "risk on" position the need for the Stops policy is obvious.

The 250 pip stop this week was really more of a reference point chosen by looking at the Daily chart (which is the time frame used for this trade). In actuality my risk management method is very active so the 'reference point' SL isn't hit in practice, it's just there for emergency and policy reasons. As can be seen by my history I have no problem cutting a loser when it's necessary and this has always been inside the 'initial SL'. As an example my big loser in July I kept moving my stop tighter as I saw it's quality diminish, and that was the most extreme drawdown example I have in my entire history where the trade's quality was unwarranted.

In cases like this week's big trade I actually find it easier to manage because the quality of the trade is so high that if it moves heavily against you there's usually an extremely compelling reason which makes it easier to cut the trade if required. So, those are the reasons why the initial reference point SL's can be somewhat misleading.
                        Last edited by SteadyCapture; 10-23-2015, 04:32 PM.

Comment

• Hi Steady ive just joined your signal looking forward to following you

Comment

• THis may have been discussed in earlier segments so I apologize ahead of time. I live in US. Does following you with multiple open trades in the same direction break FIFO rules? I thought it meant that no Hedging. Thanks for any guidance.

Comment

• Unfortunately the signal is not FIFO compatible. The hedging is a separate thing and not really an issue with my signal. Trade copying through a FIFO broker can cause missed trades and errors. There are US based members here though who've found ways around it, they can tell you more about it than I can.

Comment

• Thank-you for the info! Anyone out there using a US Broker? WOuld I simply need to go to my Profile and switch FIFO option to "yes?"
                                thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X