SteadyCapture Discussion (Archived)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by phillipnaz View Post
    Hi Nick how you doing. Did you have a good weekend.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Hi Phillip,

I did thanks

I admit I did wake up a little nervous on Saturday morning before I checked my account. Having seen the movements of the day before I was worried that NFP would spike up, or down, and put either SteadyCapture or Viper into deeper drawdown. I was pleased when I woke up to see basically a zero result with a few pips booked by all the traders (excluding Kili).

Looking at the EURUSD now, I'd be surprised if we don't get out of both traders baskets without loss. A 70 pip move north, followed by entrancement back to the 1.07's is likely in my view.
    Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

• Yes I agree with you I am also with steady and viper and at some point they was trading in opposite direction. Good to see them both book some good pips.How do I project the monthly growth targets are say for instance viper 2.3 at 2 times is 4.6%growth a month is this figure before any charges are taken out.

Comment

• Originally posted by phillipnaz View Post
        How do I project the monthly growth targets are say for instance viper 2.3 at 2 times is 4.6%growth a month is this figure before any charges are taken out.
        Yes, that's the gross return before fees are applied.

Comment

• OK cheers mate looking forward to the future with forexsignals.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
            Hi Phillip,

I did thanks

I admit I did wake up a little nervous on Saturday morning before I checked my account. Having seen the movements of the day before I was worried that NFP would spike up, or down, and put either SteadyCapture or Viper into deeper drawdown. I was pleased when I woke up to see basically a zero result with a few pips booked by all the traders (excluding Kili).

Looking at the EURUSD now, I'd be surprised if we don't get out of both traders baskets without loss. A 70 pip move north, followed by entrancement back to the 1.07's is likely in my view.
            I also crapped my pants but the great thing about fx is both can win going opposed directions if played well. Thanks Steady and Nick. Was good to hear from both. Don't think I've seen steady trade live before now that I think of it. I'm usually sleeping!!!

Comment

• I hope this is not like July, this time Steady had 2 opportunities to close trades in profit but at the moment I'm not so optimistic.

Comment

• Nice move SC, shame we can't hold on to a few Euro longs back at break even.

Banked some good pips over the last few days.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Masterfully executed Jay.

EURUSD ran out of steam at the top there, but you still managed to extract a nice profit on the basket hitting some nice levels as it bounced.

Comment

• Nice trading Steady

Comment

• Thanks guys,

I saw afterwards that EZ's Weidmann made some comments that boosted Euro pretty heavy. Lol... that's how it goes. What a nice move.

Comment

• hi Steady, firstly great trading again.

I have a setup for same play long CJ, was just wondering what yr rationale is, energy cyclical low counter play for a small bounce?

Thanks in advance if you kindly take the time to respond.

Comment

• Agreed. It's kind of stretched out here on lower volumes and I expect good continued movement.

This type of play I allow for a lot of movement and sometimes will be in and out quite a bit before the whole position is closed. It's definitely set itself up for action with decent snapback potential. Not worried about it myself but with these type of plays I like to stay nimble. I'm expecting the position to be fully resolved in the early part of next week.

Have a great weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteadyCapture View Post
                            Agreed. It's kind of stretched out here on lower volumes and I expect good continued movement.

This type of play I allow for a lot of movement and sometimes will be in and out quite a bit before the whole position is closed. It's definitely set itself up for action with decent snapback potential. Not worried about it myself but with these type of plays I like to stay nimble. I'm expecting the position to be fully resolved in the early part of next week.

Have a great weekend.
                            Hi steady do you plan on trading before or during FOMC?

Comment

• Nice work on the CADJPY basket there Jay.

Seemed like a good opportunity to close out a trade or two when the market opened and price spiked north, however you played it like a master and showed us how to handle business by getting us out of entire position with a decent gain.

Comment

• Thanks,

The trader in me wanted to hold for more profit which in this case would've worked but risk management won out this time. Options are starting to price in a lot of potential market volatility.

Going flat into FOMC seems good to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X