No announcement yet.

SteadyCapture Discussion (Archived)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exactly, EU at a big lot size and its a buy... moreover its NFP today.
    Last edited by woollie; 01-08-2016, 10:46 AM.

Comment

• Damn. Did not realise NFP tonight. This could be either a disaster or awesome for us followers. Goodluck. Either way it is risky.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Comment

• SC any thoughts on the current baskets?
        Last edited by KGB; 01-08-2016, 04:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteadyCapture View Post
          (with some partial hedges) on the open GBP/JPY trade
          -SC
          Please forgive my ignorance, are the GBP/USD and USD/JPY positions acting as the partial hedge to the GBP/JPY trades?

If so, why not just open opposing positions in the same pair?

Happy for anybody answer this as I can imagine SC is pretty busy managing his trades.

Thanks.

Comment

• Yes, GBP/USD and USD/JPY are a paired synthetic hedge. I have done this for years for the benefit of followers whose accounts don't allow hedging.

Yes NFP was a volatility event but I didn't view it as risky as it appeared. This week was another situation where it took a back seat to what happened in China and with overall risk sentiment. Fed fund futures for March had dropped double digits over the first 4 days of this week (which is very significant). Even if NFP was a big miss or beat this time it had already become background to the main theme of the week. At other times though it can be the main thing to watch. The fact that the number did beat today was a nice chance to fade the initial reaction.

Have a great weekend all

SC

Comment

• Have to say, that i really am enjoying following you SC

love the proactive attitude to debt management,

Many thanks for the fresh and safe approach you take and share!

//Ben

Comment

• Is SC traded by just one trader or by a team of two or more people?

Comment

• Just myself.

Comment

• SC, any updates about current hedge trade? GU sell hit close to 200 pips at one time...

Comment

• Woollies don't pin the trader, it's better he does not tell us so that he is still totally free to do as h sees fit and not have to corner himself into what he has wrote
                      .just my view

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Comment

• SC any thoughts on the current GBPJPY basket. I noticed you've been slowly unwinding the USDJPY and GBPUSD

Comment

• Yes, I intend on rolling out of that position in pieces to limit the effects of potential volatility.

The market's going to give plenty of opportunities and trades coming up, but for now I see no problem with GBP/JPY funding it's own exits, nor do I foresee a problem with winding down the DD profitably.

Comment

• Gbp/jpy to retrace from here way oversold

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Hi can someone please confirm how many trade SC currently has open.

I have only 2 GBP/JPY (BUY) trades, but it is possible I manually closed some trades a while back.

cheers

Comment

• 2 long GBPJPY + 1 short USDJPY + 1 short GBPUSD.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X