SteadyCapture Discussion (Archived)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by taruh View Post
    2 long GBPJPY + 1 short USDJPY + 1 short GBPUSD.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Agree, SC has been banking profits on the GBPUSD & USDJPY, on the move lower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by taruh View Post
      2 long GBPJPY + .

thanks Taruh - are those two trades (USDJPY, GBPUSD) in profit? Unfortuantely I closed them because I was concerned about my overall drawdown (as I have Viper trading the same account)

Comment

• Originally posted by SwissToni View Post
        thanks Taruh - are those two trades (USDJPY, GBPUSD) in profit? Unfortuantely I closed them because I was concerned about my overall drawdown (as I have Viper trading the same account)
        GBPUSD 300 pips in profit, USDJPY 80 pips in profit, but banked more then half the position on each. So only partial open position

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Gunther already replied to your question. You can also track open and closed orders of any signal from your control panel.

Comment

Hi can someone please confirm how many trade SC currently has open.

I have only 2 GBP/JPY (BUY) trades, but it is possible I manually closed some trades a while back.

cheers
            Be a little careful closing out some of his trades manually. Right now the GBPUSD and USDJPY are partial hedges against the GBPJPY trades, if you'd closed them you're basically completely unbalanced and will have very different results to the master account.

If you want to reduce exposure then do a proportional partial close across the entire basket.
            Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
              Be a little careful closing out some of his trades manually. Right now the GBPUSD and USDJPY are partial hedges against the GBPJPY trades, if you'd closed them you're basically completely unbalanced and will have very different results to the master account.

If you want to reduce exposure then do a proportional partial close across the entire basket.
              Cheers Nick. Yes I was a bit careless in closing the trades. I didnt realise at the time he was hedging. I was a bit distracted with Viper's drawdown. A partial close of the whole basket is a good idea.

Comment

Cheers Nick. Yes I was a bit careless in closing the trades. I didnt realise at the time he was hedging. I was a bit distracted with Viper's drawdown. A partial close of the whole basket is a good idea.
                I actually don't know if that would work. As the EA calculations are based on your balance. I mean of course it will work if you close but then future partial closures might not work.

TBH if your worried about Viper 2% drawdown and Steady 1.5% drawdown then you must be overleveraged?

Best to turn down risk and leave all the trades alone

Comment

• I think steady is managing this really well..manager to deleverage GJ at those highs before it dropped, then take profit on some GU after the drop. Well played.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
                    I think steady is managing this really well..manager to deleverage GJ at those highs before it dropped, then take profit on some GU after the drop. Well played.
                    Yeah, I agree
                    Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

• I will continue to wind down the G/J position opportunistically in pieces to limit the effects of it's increased range and volatility. I still see it as an overall profitable position, but yes I realize it's taking longer than some would've hoped. In this case though, I feel it's appropriate to use some hedges and pick my spots rather than force the trade.

Nick made a good point about the difficulty in manipulating the position yourself unless doing so in the correct proportions. So I can post the correct ratios if needed.

Comment

• Go on steady we know you got this one, a bit of prolonged dd is all gravy it's not like you hold an hope, totally oppersit in fact.

You do whatever you need mate, been interesting watching your moves thus far

Best of luck

//Ben

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Comment

• i'm sitting here up 6.35% @ 1.5x just since 1st of the year. i'm pretty happy w/this and also feel comfortable to let steady do his thing. he looks very competent and i am looking forward to a very good year with him. rfx

Comment

• On the side lines .. and warming up to add this signal to my portfolio. . Matbe 2 more good months and i will jump in ..
                            Nice performance so far .. if we didnt get that -10% month last year ... things would have been totally different. .
                            But after that big hit .. impressive performace so far ..
                            Hope for more to follow ..
                            Good job ..

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Comment

• Thanks for the comments.

Yes, without July my chart would look much better. But respectfully I would like to point out that the chart as it is now gives far more information about me and my management style. It's possible to go on long extended runs with fairly low DD (I know cause I've done it, as have many other talented traders), but you find out what you're really made of when a tough trade comes and difficult DD. It's fundamental to my trading skill set to maintain the ability to cut losers when necessary AND to refocus and regroup immediately afterwards. July is the biggest example of that in my career to date and gives you far more information about my management style than the sexiest looking portion of my history. (Just IMO)

So, to those on the sidelines I say take as much time as you need. I fully appreciate the challenges forex investors have to face. It takes time, understanding, confidence and a level of comfort to invest in forex well. But from where I sit that doesn't make us any less of, or a lower class investor than the more "mainstream" investors. For example, the "average" Canadian investor has seen their equity markets dip by about 25% in just the last 9 months, AND saw their currency devalue another 15% on top of that in the same period! Yes, maybe we who are in Forex face the market's volatility head on week in and week out, but I don't think that makes us any less sane. In fact, this might be the kind of year and environment where short term speculative trading really shines.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteadyCapture View Post
                                Thanks for the comments.

Yes, without July my chart would look much better. But respectfully I would like to point out that the chart as it is now gives far more information about me and my management style. It's possible to go on long extended runs with fairly low DD (I know cause I've done it, as have many other talented traders), but you find out what you're really made of when a tough trade comes and difficult DD. It's fundamental to my trading skill set to maintain the ability to cut losers when necessary AND to refocus and regroup immediately afterwards. July is the biggest example of that in my career to date and gives you far more information about my management style than the sexiest looking portion of my history. (Just IMO)

So, to those on the sidelines I say take as much time as you need. I fully appreciate the challenges forex investors have to face. It takes time, understanding, confidence and a level of comfort to invest in forex well. But from where I sit that doesn't make us any less of, or a lower class investor than the more "mainstream" investors. For example, the "average" Canadian investor has seen their equity markets dip by about 25% in just the last 9 months, AND saw their currency devalue another 15% on top of that in the same period! Yes, maybe we who are in Forex face the market's volatility head on week in and week out, but I don't think that makes us any less sane. In fact, this might be the kind of year and environment where short term speculative trading really shines.
                                So generally i shouldn't expect such a big hit as last year to happen again .. as u intend to cut off trade earlier as far as i understood. . Correct ??

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X