SteadyCapture Discussion (Archived)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neptune View Post
    Out of interest would 10x risk be something to consider if you planned to withdraw profits monthly (incase of a blown account years down the line)? 3% max drawdown x 10 = 30% drawdown... Probably too good to be true but if you are going to run high risk settings this seems to be the trader to do it with

I have a lot of money with Viper but may put a small amount (5k) with this trader.
    Have you not seen ZuluTrade? The max DD was 10% over 4 years correct Jay?

Neptune at 10x you will be depleted. These risks are interesting and fun but at least do it so you avoid being blown up.

Comment

Welcome SteadyCapture!

Looking forward to following your results. Would be helpful to see more trade history, other than the few months provided here.

A little confused over your ZuluTrade results that Nick referenced above. That ZuluTrade account did show three years of history, with a total of 775 trades. While the 2 month + history here: already 230 trades. Different trading strategy lately? Or maybe I'm missing something?

Thanks, and good luck!

Comment

Hello, why master account is not updated every 5 minutes? In this way Myfxbook will not register the real DD.
        Thank you.

Comment

Thanks for the comments and questions,

The MT4 results showing a higher number of trades than Zulu is because of greater use of partial closings / scaling out as well as higher activity from scalping / intraday trading.

The max DD on Zulu was subjective to each follower's own risk settings. The way I traded my own accounts had a max DD of just under 10% but if a Zulu follower wanted to do twice that they experienced 2x the return with 2x the DD.

I know it can be tempting to amp up trading ratios when looking at long term average draw down levels, but I don't recommend being too aggressive. I've seen it happen all too often that followers will become more aggressive as equity curve's ride highs and then exceeding their comfort levels when DD occurs or simultaneous DD occurs from multiple signal providers. This can shake their resolve to trust in their chosen manager's DD management. Everyone is free to make their own decisions of course but I'm convinced that the big money in this game is in patiently allowing compounding to do it's work. Compounding is almost like an invisible, silent partner in this game. It's very difficult to see when zooming into a single trade or single month but doing a quick paper calculation of what it can do over two or more years can be a real eye opener. At any rate, keeping your accounts safe and healthy enough to realize those benefits is something most followers would enjoy experiencing.

And BMM, good question about the synthetic hedges. I do not use CHF at all and always try to use the most liquid major pairs I can. The reason is because they typically are more efficient because of having tighter spreads. My only other concern is not choosing pairs that would conflict with likely trades in the 24 hours following a synthetic hedge entry. So each circumstance would be assessed independently. My method is to use two other pairs in the correct ratios. For example, using EUR/JPY and USD/JPY to create a long or short position in EUR/USD. The use of synthetic hedges is designed for the benefit of U.S. based followers. So if there is a broker common to U.S. followers here that adjusts leverage on any of the majors or major crosses (excluding CHF) please feel free to give a shout out here in the forums to help make sure I'm aware of it ahead of time. To give you an idea of frequency, I might use a synthetic hedge once or twice a year on average.

Comment

Thanks for the advice, I'll have you at 1x risk on an account with Viper then. Hopefully things continue to go well and I wish you all the best

Comment

Originally posted by SteadyCapture View Post
              And BMM, good question about the synthetic hedges. I do not use CHF at all and always try to use the most liquid major pairs I can.
              accordingly to myfx it seems that you traded CHF in the past, did you mean that you will never do a synthetic hedge with CHF?

Final question: Is your signal 100% ok for the many followers who disable all CHF pairs even considering the seldom use of syntetic hedging?

sorry for these questions but this is first time signal with syntetic hedging here, as far I know, so a little investigation is needed

Comment

Pianetti,

I'll defer to Dom on that one since he's much more familiar with how the back-end systems of myfxbook work.

BMM,

To clarify I meant that I don't use CHF at all in synthetic hedges. Disabling CHF pairs is no problem since I don't intend to be active in CHF until I see significant improvements and reliability in it's behavior which may be quite a while.

Comment

Nice just saw your most recent GBPJPY trades. Great to see that you got out in a profit! Keep it up

Comment

The market appears to be holding it's breath, waiting for Greek news. Next week could be interesting... I prefer a little more active market anyway.

Comment

Nice one Steady good start to your signal

Comment

Hi,
                        Thanks for introducing this signal to us.
                        I had a few questions.

1. So, so far max DD is 5-10% for a 3% per month on average. But as risk is 30%, this mean this signal shouldn't be run at a risk over 1 ? And even much less if I already use a signal with say 30% risk (example Viper risk 2) ?

2. Is it normal I don't see the signal here ? https://www.simpletrader.net/forex-signals.html

3. Why do I see some CHF trades lately? Trader said he will not use any CHF pair?

4. Can the trader use SL as safety? Those using SL while the CHF move lost much less than those without SL... (even if still, it
                        slipped...!)

5. Trader was earning huge from Zulutrade as he had thousand of followers. Why did he stop?

6. Zulu max open trades was 10, will it be same here?

7. Zulu, by its nature, was only based on pips. So lot stake was flat. Seems it changed as I see now lotsize is not always the same?

Thanks !

Comment

Originally posted by Neptune
                          I have a lot of money with Viper but may put a small amount (5k) with this trader.
                          Originally posted by Neptune View Post
                          Thanks for the advice, I'll have you at 1x risk on an account with Viper then. Hopefully things continue to go well and I wish you all the best
                          So you if you use Viper risk 1 it is at least a 13-15% risk. SteadyCapture risk 1 is a 30% risk. So you are risking about 45% of your "lot of money"? Even if unlikely they hit their max DD but still....

Originally posted by Daniel
                          Yes, he does:

"FX Viper 1x Risk, Kilimanjaro 1x Risk, Smart2 0.5x Risk and SteadyCapture on 1x Risk."

So... this 32kAUD account with just Viper and SteadyCapture is using a 45% risk. Added to this Kilimanjaro and Smart2, wow. Isn't it too much?

Comment

Originally posted by arkoon View Post
                            So you if you use Viper risk 1 it is at least a 13-15% risk. SteadyCapture risk 1 is a 30% risk. So you are risking about 45% of your "lot of money"? Even if unlikely they hit their max DD but still....

So... this 32kAUD account with just Viper and SteadyCapture is using a 45% risk. Added to this Kilimanjaro and Smart2, wow. Isn't it too much?
                            Yeah, theoretically. However Steadycapture hasn't exceeded 10% in over 4 years of trading. Coupled with the fact that Viper has only hit more than a 10% drawdown on handful of days over the past 2.5 years and that they trade different pairs that aren't overly correlated, it's a risk I'm willing to take.
                            Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by arkoon View Post
                              Hi,
                              Thanks for introducing this signal to us.
                              I had a few questions.

1. So, so far max DD is 5-10% for a 3% per month on average. But as risk is 30%, this mean this signal shouldn't be run at a risk over 1 ? And even much less if I already use a signal with say 30% risk (example Viper risk 2) ?

2. Is it normal I don't see the signal here ? https://www.simpletrader.net/forex-signals.html

3. Why do I see some CHF trades lately? Trader said he will not use any CHF pair?

4. Can the trader use SL as safety? Those using SL while the CHF move lost much less than those without SL... (even if still, it
                              slipped...!)

5. Trader was earning huge from Zulutrade as he had thousand of followers. Why did he stop?

6. Zulu max open trades was 10, will it be same here?

7. Zulu, by its nature, was only based on pips. So lot stake was flat. Seems it changed as I see now lotsize is not always the same?

Thanks !
                              I can answer most of those Arkoon

1. It's a decision you need to make. I personally am running a personal account at 2x

2. Apologies, that's now visible on this page

4. The CHF debacle is the only time that we've seen the market jump to such a degree. Since this event liquidity providers and brokers have put measures in place to ensure that if something like this does happen again it won't result in market price being "turned off" for such a long period of time. That's ultimately what caused the carnage.

5. Because Zulutrade are shrinking and taking longer and longer to pay their traders. ForexSignals.com has grown steadily over the past 3 years and we always pay our traders on the 1st of the month without delay.
                              Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

Hi SteadyCapture,

what is you max lot size based on 10k account per position?
                                today I saw you opened 1.24 lot on EU, but before you lot size was around 0.2 lot (http://www.myfxbook.com/members/Stea...e-live/1211446)
                                I just want to be prepared how big exposure your signals might have on my account.

thanks,
                                Ace

Comment

Working...
                                X