No announcement yet.

SteadyCapture Discussion (Archived)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If following 'SteadyCapture Live' on a 1:1 ratio a minimum account size of $4000 USD would be fairly accurate in copying partial closes as the minimum partial close would be about 1/4 of that or in this example 1 micro. Smaller than $4000 can still follow but would be less accurate as a 25% partial close might round up to be closer to 50%, etc.

Comment

That's true Jay, lower capital may involve some inaccurate closure of partial closures basically, people need to know that!

Have a good weekend all.

Comment

Yes, that's why I insisted, so followers can copy with an accurate risk and MM, as the trader decided
        I also think from 4000usd it should be OK.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel View Post
          Our SteadyCapture's report is available for download here.
          What does the leverage ratio mean. When it was it's maximum of 1:4.07? And can we know what trade that was so I can know what to expect margin wise?

Sent from Uranus

Comment

Good question BRM,

The Leverage ratio is a software calculation from the MT4 history and refers to the maximum use of leverage on any open position. It was calculated from recent available history on the live MT4 trade server.

The current maximum leverage allowed is for scalping which is 35x Equity. This amount of leverage use will be very rare and is designed to accommodate entry on maximum rated scalps with full draw down management capabilities, giving me a reference point to work with.

A theoretical maximum use of leverage would occur when a maximum rated scalp, positional and Gold trade all experienced full draw down at the same time. This has never occurred because of the slim chances and the fact that I watch co-relation levels in live trades. As one type of trade experiences draw down I also lower the use of leverage allowed on the other types.

The vast majority of the time the account will maintain all it's positions with a 12x Leverage ratio or less, thus the live history max of 4.07.
            Last edited by SteadyCapture; 07-07-2015, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
              What does the leverage ratio mean. When it was it's maximum of 1:4.07? And can we know what trade that was so I can know what to expect margin wise?

Sent from Uranus
              To expand a little more on what Steady Capture has said, the leverage ratio is based upon the notional lot sizing of the position upon open, relative to what the balance was at the time.

Using the example above and a copiers balance, this might have looked like this (roughly speaking):

Balance: $10,000.00
              Lot Size: 0.40

Market Trade: EUR|USD

The lot size in units (based upon a Standard Account) is 40,000 units of the Base Currency (EUR|USD < USD is the Base Currency). At the time of the trade opening, the balance was at $10,000.00. We want to know how much leverage (notional) was applied to the trade. So we would do the following:

40,000 units (0.40 lots) / $10,000.00 = 4.00.

We would have said that in this case the notional leverage applied was 1:4 (or said in another way, the leverage was 4 times that of the balance).

Hope this helps a little.
              -"An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn't happen today"-

Follow me on Quora for Q&A on Forex: https://www.quora.com/profile/Dominic-Gilbert-2

Comment

Originally posted by Dom View Post
                To expand a little more on what Steady Capture has said, the leverage ratio is based upon the notional lot sizing of the position upon open, relative to what the balance was at the time.

Using the example above and a copiers balance, this might have looked like this (roughly speaking):

Balance: $10,000.00
                Lot Size: 0.40

Market Trade: EUR|USD

The lot size in units (based upon a Standard Account) is 40,000 units of the Base Currency (EUR|USD < USD is the Base Currency). At the time of the trade opening, the balance was at $10,000.00. We want to know how much leverage (notional) was applied to the trade. So we would do the following:

40,000 units (0.40 lots) / $10,000.00 = 4.00.

We would have said that in this case the notional leverage applied was 1:4 (or said in another way, the leverage was 4 times that of the balance).

Hope this helps a little.
                I'm quite drunk right now, so no. My head actually just exploded. Let me revisit this in 10 hours.

Sent from Uranus

Comment

As a recent sub to Steady Capture I am trying to determine my Risk. It is very difficult for this signal. Here are some of the very conflicting Profit and DD figures I have:

1. http://www.forexsignals.com/forex-si...y-Capture.html 2.23%/Mo, DD 2.12%
                  2. http://www.forexsignals.com/download...2001-07-15.pdf From Dom's analysis Compounded annual growth 25.44%, DD 8.93%
                  3. http://www.myfxbook.com/members/Stea...e-live/1211446 which is listed as forexsignals.com reference account on page 1 of forum thread. 2.73%/Mo, 3.22% DD
                  4. http://www.myfxbook.com/members/Stea...istory/1037412 2.42%/Mo, 3.30% DD
                  5. ZuluTrade History 'All' 105% Annualized profit, 10% DD
                  6. ZuluTrade History '6 months' Annualized Profit 105%, 1028 pips, 51% DD
                  7. Zulutrade History '3 months' Annualized Profit 105%, 348 pips, 93% DD
                  8. https://www.forexsignals.com/forum/s...ll=1#post32142 Steady Captures comment: "The account is structured to allow a maximum of 30% DD in maximum leveraged situations."

So we have DD & "Risk" figures from Forexsignals.com and Steady Capture ranging from 2.12% to 30%. ZuluTrade from 10% to 93%. Of course Zultrade is probably not very reliable information, but it is shown in the Forum as a reference. In any case this is a huge range of figures!

Since I am considering using Steady Capture in an account with other Signals it is important for me to try to get a good feel for my risk. Should I use SC's 30% max, one of the others, or just throw a dart and see which one it lands on?

Cheers,
                  Rod

Comment

Originally posted by nwboater View Post
                    As a recent sub to Steady Capture I am trying to determine my Risk. It is very difficult for this signal. Here are some of the very conflicting Profit and DD figures I have:

2. http://www.forexsignals.com/download...2001-07-15.pdf From Dom's analysis Compounded annual growth 25.44%, DD 8.93%
                    3. http://www.myfxbook.com/members/Stea...e-live/1211446 which is listed as forexsignals.com reference account on page 1 of forum thread. 2.73%/Mo, 3.22% DD
                    8. https://www.forexsignals.com/forum/s...ll=1#post32142 Steady Captures comment: "The account is structured to allow a maximum of 30% DD in maximum leveraged situations."

So we have DD & "Risk" figures from Forexsignals.com and Steady Capture ranging from 2.12% to 30%. ZuluTrade from 10% to 93%. Of course Zultrade is probably not very reliable information, but it is shown in the Forum as a reference. In any case this is a huge range of figures!

Since I am considering using Steady Capture in an account with other Signals it is important for me to try to get a good feel for my risk. Should I use SC's 30% max, one of the others, or just throw a dart and see which one it lands on?

Cheers,
                    Rod
                    Hey there!

So the returns and draw-down by Zulu trade are - to put it frankly - ridiculous. The drawdown of 93% over the 3 month period is the Pip difference (learn more about PIPS and the true value in a thread I made here)

The Zulu track record thats inside the report I made is based upon his monetary performance alone (I think we will all agree, this is whats most important...).

30% is the maximum allowable (probable; albeit unlikely in frequency) draw-down (as he has previously mentioned).

What's also important to remember is that we monitor any asymmetrical returns to catch any potential deviation from what we have seen, to what is happening now.

Hope this helps.
                    -"An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn't happen today"-

Follow me on Quora for Q&A on Forex: https://www.quora.com/profile/Dominic-Gilbert-2

Comment

• Originally posted by nwboater View Post

Cheers,
                      Rod
                      Hi Rod,

I too just subscribed to SC and was wondering the exact same things.

Regards,
                      Kevin

Comment

• Here's a little more clarification into some of the figures,

5. The just under 10% DD figure was calculated from actual equity figures and is an accurate reflection of a maximum that anyone following at the same ratio as myself would've experienced.

6,7. Those DD numbers are calculated using total pips and total draw down in pips at that moment in time and does not account for equity or measure the equity gain or draw down. The largest draw down in the last 6 months on an equity basis should be equal to 3.24% and can be made to look larger on a pure "pip's gained" basis by zooming into a recent period, such as 3 or 6 months.

The 30% max DD figure I've mentioned is a reference point I need to have. I use it to calculate maximum stop levels and allowable leverage when I'm managing multiple positions. I need to have a maximum allowable cut off point and for this account it is 30%. The account rules are structured to protect 70% of the equity in the account at all times while the 30% is what I'm allowed to use and manoeuvre with in my trading. Only a black swan event that jumped over stop levels during live trading could breach the 30% level. The likelihood of this drops when you consider that historically I have remained in cash/flat the majority of the time. Also, add that to the fact that I have never once been so levered up that my stops would max out at 30%. It is the maximum allowable but I have never used it to the full. As a professional trader you always like to have 'free margin' just in case.

-SC
                        Last edited by SteadyCapture; 07-08-2015, 05:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dom View Post
                          Hey there!

So the returns and draw-down by Zulu trade are - to put it frankly - ridiculous. The drawdown of 93% over the 3 month period is the Pip difference (learn more about PIPS and the true value in a thread I made here)

The Zulu track record thats inside the report I made is based upon his monetary performance alone (I think we will all agree, this is whats most important...).

30% is the maximum allowable (probable; albeit unlikely in frequency) draw-down (as he has previously mentioned).

What's also important to remember is that we monitor any asymmetrical returns to catch any potential deviation from what we have seen, to what is happening now.

Hope this helps.
                          Hi Dom,

Thanks for the reply and clarifications. I agree that the Zulu data is "Ridiculous"! And thanks for the link to your pip post - some good info there.

I also agree that "Monetary performance" is what counts. But I am curious if the monetary performance you deduced from Zulu refers to both profits and DD, or just profits?

So it seems that the bottom line on the signal is about 2-3%/month with a "Probable" 30%DD that will rarely happen. Is that a fair assessment?

Thanks again Dom. It's nice having your expertise at forexsignals.com

Cheers,
                          Rod

Comment

• Originally posted by SteadyCapture View Post
                            Here's a little more clarification into some of the figures,

5. The just under 10% DD figure was calculated from actual equity figures and is an accurate reflection of a maximum that anyone following at the same ratio as myself would've experienced.

6,7. Those DD numbers are calculated using total pips and total draw down in pips at that moment in time and does not account for equity or measure the equity gain or draw down. The largest draw down in the last 6 months on an equity basis should be equal to 3.24% and can be made to look larger on a pure "pip's gained" basis by zooming into a recent period, such as 3 or 6 months.

The 30% max DD figure I've mentioned is a reference point I need to have. I use it to calculate maximum stop levels and allowable leverage when I'm managing multiple positions. I need to have a maximum allowable cut off point and for this account it is 30%. The account rules are structured to protect 70% of the equity in the account at all times while the 30% is what I'm allowed to use and manoeuvre with in my trading. Only a black swan event that jumped over stop levels during live trading could breach the 30% level. The likelihood of this drops when you consider that historically I have remained in cash/flat the majority of the time. Also, add that to the fact that I have never once been so levered up that my stops would max out at 30%. It is the maximum allowable but I have never used it to the full. As a professional trader you always like to have 'free margin' just in case.

-SC
                            Hi SC,

Thanks very much for your further clarifications on my questions. I am getting the sense that perhaps a better word for the chance of hitting your 30% DD is Possible, rather than Probable.

Really appreciate your prompt response too!

Cheers,
                            Rod
                            Last edited by nwboater; 07-09-2015, 01:01 AM.

Comment

• Hello SC,

I will start copying your signal very soon, is it better to open an account with your broker Squared Financial, any benefits from that ?

Do you host your MT4 at ForexVPS ?

Cheers

Comment

• Hello Manonmars,

The benefit from the combination of Squared Financial and a London based VPS at ForexVPS is extremely low latency. Signals from the Master account are sent out as soon as trade fills are confirmed at the Squared Financial trade server which is located in London UK. If you had a follower account with Squared running on a London based VPS that would be about as good as it gets since latency would be so low. It should be nearly identical to the "SteadyCapture Live" Master account.

I have seen the Squared Financial trade server perform in all kinds of market conditions and so far it has been very solid and reliable. The only thing that I could foresee adding latency would be the MT4 platform itself which is somewhat susceptible to performance degradation when the percentage of system resources being used is too high. Keep in mind that when market action spikes with large amounts of volume the amount of tick data that MT4 is updating greatly increases which can cause spikes in the amount of system resources being used. This could occur at the worst possible time for trading and I have seen significant delays in MT4 performance caused by this problem if the system is not set up properly. Also, every MT4 platform is configured slightly differently on the back end by the respective broker but running as few chart windows as possible on your MT4 appears to help as well.

Cheers,

SC

Comment

Working...
                                X