• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same for me

Comment

• same for me -2%

Comment

• Originally posted by miro View Post
        Today you've closed 7 trades with total loss of 155 pips...however my account had 9 closed trades with total loss of 255 pips..Never had this issue till now..Thank you and keep the good work
        Partial closures messed up the stats I think

Comment

• Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
          Partial closures messed up the stats I think
          My account too. Hopefully that's the reason.

Comment

• You should get used to partial as he uses much. Just compare his perf and yours, in %, adjust with your multiplicator...

Comment

• Partial closures sometimes create a discrepancy with the pip comparison.

When our copier does a partial close it occasionally splits it into 2 positions as it balances out the trade. So these 2 positions appear as a larger loss due to the pips, however the equity position is the same.

An example:

SteadyCapture does a partial close of 0.5 lots for a 20 pip loss
              An identical sized follower account closes the partial in 2 parts of 0.48 and then 0.02, both for a 20 pip loss.

Therefor the follower account loses an additional 20 pips based on the statement, however the equity loss is identical.
              Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
                Partial closures sometimes create a discrepancy with the pip comparison.

When our copier does a partial close it occasionally splits it into 2 positions as it balances out the trade. So these 2 positions appear as a larger loss due to the pips, however the equity position is the same.

An example:

An identical sized follower account closes the partial in 2 parts of 0.48 and then 0.02, both for a 20 pip loss.

Therefor the follower account loses an additional 20 pips based on the statement, however the equity loss is identical.
                Thanks for the explanation Nick

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
                  Partial closures sometimes create a discrepancy with the pip comparison.

An example:

Would I be correct in saying that if they go to their analytics page and compare trades then they'll see the difference. I was down 255 pips (not exact) yesterday and only had slippage of 2 pips (not exact) compared to the master. I had just connected steady to a account. First trades lol

Comment

• You bought the top right near 1.12 - nice juicy round number that was rejected earlier in the day... Why not reverse when you realised you were wrong... sorry I know this is easy to say now.
                    It was a shame it didn't work out - perhaps you might consider scaling in on speculative setups - going in heavy on these quick type of trade setups leaves us all really exposed to many things including possible slippage issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by David_AU View Post
                      You bought the top right near 1.12 - nice juicy round number that was rejected earlier in the day... Why not reverse when you realised you were wrong... sorry I know this is easy to say now.
                      It was a shame it didn't work out - perhaps you might consider scaling in on speculative setups - going in heavy on these quick type of trade setups leaves us all really exposed to many things including possible slippage issues.
                      Hi David, I'm not sure I agree with your feedback here. A couple of comments:

- This was on the back of the Greek deal. When those forces are in play a round number means nothing.

- Doesn't it make more sense to exit the position and take stock rather than do a reactionary counter trade?

- He did scale in, and out

- I'm not aware of anyone having major issues with slippage?

Comment

• Originally posted by David_AU View Post
                        You bought the top right near 1.12 - nice juicy round number that was rejected earlier in the day... Why not reverse when you realised you were wrong... sorry I know this is easy to say now.
                        I think the most important words in these paragraphs are "sorry I know it's easy to say now..."

Hindsight is a *****.

Comment

• How did you end up with so many positions opening simultaneously? I set my Risk accordingly but wasn't expecting so many open positions, or a 2% loss.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Trader View Post
                            How did you end up with so many positions opening simultaneously? I set my Risk accordingly but wasn't expecting so many open positions, or a 2% loss.
                            They didn't open simultaneously, that's what a partial close looks like. The open time is the same with different close prices.

A 2% loss isn't nice, but it shouldn't worry you.

Comment

• Then it must of been an unusually large position opened then? Well, much larger than usual?
                              Cause I have my risk set so on average my trades with steady are .10 and that trade ended up 1.6 lots, and my max lot size was set to 1.0.
                              How would that happen Nick?

Loosing 2% wouldn't normally worry me if my risk was dialed up accordingly.
                              Last edited by Darth Trader; 07-14-2015, 05:56 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Trader View Post
                                Then it must of been an unusually large position opened then? Well, much larger than usual?
                                Cause I have my risk set so on average my trades with steady are .10 and that trade ended up 1.6 lots, and my max lot size was set to 1.0.
                                How would that happen Nick?

Loosing 2% wouldn't normally worry me if my risk was dialed up accordingly.
                                Yes, occasionally he'll place a trade with a much larger lot size if he sees that the probabilities are significantly in his favor.

It's not that common, but when the stars align it makes sense to take advantage.

I know with the benefit of hindsight it doesn't look like a great idea, however he's normally correct in similar situations.

Comment

Working...
                                X