No announcement yet.

SteadyCapture Discussion (Archived)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any idea why my max lot size got exceeded?

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Trader View Post
      Any idea why my max lot size got exceeded?
      Are you sure your calculations are correct for your expectations? Have you read a few posts back?

Comment

• I am not sure how you guys only got 2% loss. I had 2.8% loss on one account and 2.7% on my other account. That was with a risk factor of 1x and I set my currency to my home currency which is AUD.

Comment

• Approx 2%, could have ben closer to 2.8. I am at 1 x also.

I dont understand the question big river man

Comment

• Just to understand the control panel. In selecting Steady Capture who has a USD account and for me to follow him with a 1:1 ratio and me being AUD account.
            1. Go to control panel
            2. Select Steady Capture
            3. Go to risk settings.
            4. Select 1x risk.
            5. Select AUD.
            6. Click Confirm.

So if I follow those steps and there is not much slippage I should get same risk reward as Steady Capture?

Comment

• Originally posted by dazz1975 View Post
              Just to understand the control panel. In selecting Steady Capture who has a USD account and for me to follow him with a 1:1 ratio and me being AUD account.
              1. Go to control panel
              2. Select Steady Capture
              3. Go to risk settings.
              4. Select 1x risk.
              5. Select AUD.
              6. Click Confirm.

So if I follow those steps and there is not much slippage I should get same risk reward as Steady Capture?
              =1.35x risk right now dazz
              Set 0.74 if you want 1x risk

Comment

• Originally posted by dazz1975 View Post
                Just to understand the control panel. In selecting Steady Capture who has a USD account and for me to follow him with a 1:1 ratio and me being AUD account.
                1. Go to control panel
                2. Select Steady Capture
                3. Go to risk settings.
                4. Select 1x risk.
                5. Select AUD.
                6. Click Confirm.

Pretty sure the auto adjusting feature for different currencies is not activated yet even with latest version of the EA, so in that case you would be trading more than the master risk at 1:1 with risk set at 1. I think you need to still manually adjust for this if I'm not mistaken.
                Edit : Correct, BRM
                Last edited by littlemax; 07-14-2015, 09:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by littlemax View Post
                  Pretty sure the auto adjusting feature for different currencies is not activated yet even with latest version of the EA, so in that case you would be trading more than the master risk at 1:1 with risk set at 1. I think you need to still manually adjust for this if I'm not mistaken , but Nick would confirm this.
                  See above. I can 100% confirm it. It's maths!!! 😁😁😁😁

Comment

• Originally posted by littlemax View Post
                    Pretty sure the auto adjusting feature for different currencies is not activated yet even with latest version of the EA, so in that case you would be trading more than the master risk at 1:1 with risk set at 1. I think you need to still manually adjust for this if I'm not mistaken.
                    Edit : Correct, BRM
                    That's correct.

The new version of the EA will offer this option, however it's still in testing. We're hoping to release it to the public in the coming weeks.
                    Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

• Thanks guys. I will turn it down.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Comment

• Correct Dazz and a bit further down in the risk section it will give you a comparison of the last 5 trades. His lot sizes compared to what yours would of been on your selected risk setting.
                        Also in "account protective settings" you can set a maximum lot size however this all seems to go out the window when they take big punts like what happened on Monday and layer in and out or whatever he did.
                        I have been using these signals for a year now and the returns have been mostly positive however I have learned not to expect their trading style to be completely consistent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
                          Hi David, I'm not sure I agree with your feedback here. A couple of comments:

- This was on the back of the Greek deal. When those forces are in play a round number means nothing.

- Doesn't it make more sense to exit the position and take stock rather than do a reactionary counter trade?

- He did scale in, and out

- I'm not aware of anyone having major issues with slippage?
                          Hi Nick,
                          I have seen it many times when a big news announcement wont close past a big round number or major SR levels / pivots.... its rather uncanny massive push will turn right back around at those points.

I feel in this case market moves were just to capture people into the market but with no follow through & because move went against the breakout & news traders it just triggers SL's helps push price back down further away from the tested SR.

Exiting was the correct move - no point holding onto losing positions.

I certainly see scale out but from what I can see on the history all open time activity on these trades happened between:
                          06:59:54 & 07:01:11 (1 minute window)
                          This seems like going in heavy - please correct me if I'm wrong & show me how I have misread the history.

Slippage was just mentioned in general - traders looking to jump on a spike - we will get slipped a little but also latency.... I have seen a few times SC has opened a trade & is in & out of the market in quick time with heavy position... where possible hopefully the trader is thinking about this & also R:R for heavy entries.

Comment

• Originally posted by David_AU View Post
                            Hi Nick,
                            I have seen it many times when a big news announcement wont close past a big round number or major SR levels / pivots.... its rather uncanny massive push will turn right back around at those points.

I feel in this case market moves were just to capture people into the market but with no follow through & because move went against the breakout & news traders it just triggers SL's helps push price back down further away from the tested SR.

Exiting was the correct move - no point holding onto losing positions.

I certainly see scale out but from what I can see on the history all open time activity on these trades happened between:
                            06:59:54 & 07:01:11 (1 minute window)
                            This seems like going in heavy - please correct me if I'm wrong & show me how I have misread the history.

Slippage was just mentioned in general - traders looking to jump on a spike - we will get slipped a little but also latency.... I have seen a few times SC has opened a trade & is in & out of the market in quick time with heavy position... where possible hopefully the trader is thinking about this & also R:R for heavy entries.
                            Hi David,

Yes, he did go in heavy, but he believed he had good reason to.

Please don't be a backseat driver. Telling a trader in hindsight that their strategy is flawed based to a single trade setup doesn't help anyone.

I can assure you that Jay is focused on making money consistently without putting his (or our) accounts at major risk. If that means an upside down Risk/Reward or the possibility of slippage, I'm not too worried, provided the main objective is met.
                            Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

• Steady Capture has opened a .01 xauusd trade on his 30k Master Account. Supposedly people could run his Signal on a 4k account. On that size account the actual risk of this trade would be over 7x! What goes here?

Rod

Comment

• Good point Rod,

The main differences in Gold/Silver trading in relation to the other currency pairs are that Gold/Silver trades have the highest average duration and the lowest average trade sizes due to their daily ranges being significantly higher on a percentage basis.

For those accounts that are significantly smaller than the Master and that don't have access to incremental Gold/Silver units you may want to disable those pairs from trading until the ratio becomes closer to the Master. The same goes for accounts at brokers that use a certain contract size for their minimum such as 10 ounces, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X