Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Worries Nick,

Thanks for the clarification.

I think I will look to put in place a value for max lot size as personally for the time being will feel more comfortable with trades around the usual size.

Comment

• Originally posted by David_AU View Post
      No Worries Nick,

Thanks for the clarification.

I think I will look to put in place a value for max lot size as personally for the time being will feel more comfortable with trades around the usual size.
      If you haven't already then read the report done by Dom. It'll show the analysis for the trading style. There shouldn't be an surprises here. It's a few pages back and you'll see there has been discussions about it in posts afterwards. Hope that helps.

Comment

• Another Dayfox?
        Why not close all in loss (yes again....) if you don't feel comfortable? Loss is not so huge for now.

Comment

• Originally posted by spidozini View Post
          Another Dayfox?
          Why not close all in loss (yes again....) if you don't feel comfortable? Loss is not so huge for now.
          That is a bit harsh at such a low DD. The question you should be asking is if you are not comfortable with the DD then why are you subscribing?

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottFX View Post
            That is a bit harsh at such a low DD. The question you should be asking is if you are not comfortable with the DD then why are you subscribing?
            I'm pretty sure spizodini was referring to David_AU and not to steady. Hard to tell.

Comment

• You're probably right, apologies spizodini.

Comment

• I'm sorry this isn't a complaint simply a question. But why 10 trades in AUDNZD that are so close to each other.

Again I am only asking for clarification as a paying customer??

Comment

• Originally posted by spidozini View Post
                  Another Dayfox?
                  I took it as spizodini was referring to SC. Maybe not, but that's how I read it.

Comment

• whitesnake01uk, SC briefly covers that on page three.

Comment

• Thanks scott I don't mean any disrespect to anyone, especially Jay.

Its just I went to be last night in profit then woke up this morning and couldn't fathom what I was seeing.

Comment

• Originally posted by whitesnake01uk View Post
                        I'm sorry this isn't a complaint simply a question. But why 10 trades in AUDNZD that are so close to each other.

Again I am only asking for clarification as a paying customer??
                        He's averaging into the position.

I understand why seeing so many positions might be a little daunting, however the overall drawdown is still very manageable at only 3.4% presently. Please look at equity position of the account relative to the gains over the past 5 month and use that to make an evaluation.

He's obviously very confident of a turn around, and if he ends up being wrong he'll likely scale out of it, just like we saw last week.

Because he uses such low leverage on each trade it gives him lots of flexibility across the entire basket when firing off additional bullets.
                        Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

• Thanks Nick that's a great response

Comment

• Hello SC,

I understand that NZD is very weak now with the CPI figure way below what the RBNZ wants and banks expecting a few rate cuts this year, my question is why not sell the NZD against a strong currency like the USD instead of the AUD ?

Comment

• Current open positions will be held into next week. I can't predict exactly for how long but like things I'm seeing and think NZD's relative weakness is yet to play out. Clearly some short covering PA today for those booking profits on it's dismal week but I still see opportunity and will remain focused and do my best to capitalize.

------------------
                              Manonmars,

NZD weakness can play out on days when USD is strong or weak but it is something I'm watching.
                              Last edited by SteadyCapture; 07-19-2015, 09:05 PM.

Comment

• This trading strategy is starting to look a lot like a manual grid/martingale system. I hope SC can get out of the basket - hopefully we see a short term rebound on AUD/NZD.

I dislike the fact that trades are placed so close to one another - in a pair like AUD/NZD which can typically extend RSI's in one direction for 200-400 pips in one direction this seems like a recipe for a heavy drawdown.

Originally posted by SteadyCapture View Post
                                Current open positions will be held into next week. I can't predict exactly for how long but like things I'm seeing and think NZD's relative weakness is yet to play out. Clearly some short covering PA today for those booking profits on it's dismal week but I still see opportunity and will remain focused and do my best to capitalize.

------------------
                                Manonmars,

NZD weakness can play out on days when USD is strong or weak but it is something I'm watching.

Comment

Working...
                                X