Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kmf View Post
    Hi Nick,

My MT4 terminal or myfxbook doesn't show any stop levels shown for any of his trades. Should I be concerned. I can see the stop levels on your SC account in your myfxbook link.

Thanks,
    Kevin
    Hi Kmf.
    Do you sure you set the copy stop loss to true in your forexsignals.com interface?

Comment

• Originally posted by ste3fan View Post
      Hi Kmf.
      Do you sure you set the copy stop loss to true in your forexsignals.com interface?
      Thanks ste3fan, that's exactly what the issue was. All fixed up now

Comment

• Cannot understand why people keep bringing up DayFox everytime a trader gets into drawdown. Here at least we have protection on the trades.

Comment

• You re right hs2013.
          For now it s just we don t understand steadycapture style.
          I remember when I started to follow viper, I didn t understand too.

Comment

• Just my humble opinion, I think in future it's good to trial out the system at minimal risk and see whether we are comfortable with the trading style, then take the normal risk .I saw that some already bail out at more than 10 percent loss, trading big account with sudden drawdown can be very stressfull and we have to ask ourself whether we are mentally prepare for more than 20 percent drawdown in a big account?

The historical low drawdown is the past and shit happen faster than we thought sometimes .
            At risk 1 if I am not wrong , we are actually risking up to 30% of our equity. IMO , if we trade less than risk 1 , it's not worth the investment with the "small"return.

Personally i don't like these scaling strategy at tight pips interval , although there's a stop loss , but this is just me. Hope the basket turn out well . Cheers!

Comment

• Firstly welcome Jay, I for one am pleased to see a trader of your calibre arrive here. It's frankly testament to the teams hard work here at Forexsignals.com over the past few years, as you know. So spot on!

Originally posted by hs2013 View Post
              Cannot understand why people keep bringing up DayFox everytime a trader gets into drawdown. Here at least we have protection on the trades.
              I expect it's the buying in supply after a decent move up, and THE FEAR kicking in.

Whatever the case, you can rest assured Jay is a great trader, by the looks of his history. And besides, even if this is a losing trade, recovery looks odds on over time.

All the best guys,

Potter

Comment

• Originally posted by Potter View Post
                Firstly welcome Jay, I for one am pleased to see a trader of your calibre arrive here. It's frankly testament to the teams hard work here at Forexsignals.com over the past few years, as you know. So spot on!

I expect it's the buying in supply after a decent move up, and THE FEAR kicking in.

Whatever the case, you can rest assured Jay is a great trader, by the looks of his history. And besides, even if this is a losing trade, recovery looks odds on over time.

All the best guys,

Potter
                Well said Potter

Comment

• Every trader on this site hit a large drawdown within a couple of months of joining, so please appreciate that it's not necessarily a sign of how they will perform over the long term.

Here are a few examples:

SmartTrader gave back his previous 3 months profits in the first month before smashing through equity highs and never looking back.

FX Viper fell back to break even (in equity) after his first 6 months.

TradeAlerter lost 5.5% within the first week of him trading for us.

Kilimanjaro is still underwater after a disastrous first 3 months that included the SNB debacle.

I think that we can agree that everyone mentioned is a top caliber trader and deserves their place on this site. Nothing I've seen from Steady Capture so far makes me think he won't follow a similar trajectory.
                  Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

• Short term Losing streaks do happen with the best of traders. When these things do happen then it's important to remember that SC has been trading successfully for a long time and has provided a full analysis regarding his strategy. I would say it's too early to reach conclusions. Have faith and give the guy a chance. As mentioned by Nick he has proved himself to be profitable over 3 years so don't let a few days or weeks of drawdown upset you.
                    Balboa

Comment

• Dag nab it....

I just got off the phone with Jay and he'll be posting on the forum shortly.

The recovery begins.
                      Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

• Stop loss hit. Good that he exited the trades and didn't hold on. We'll have to see if he can recover - his average monthly gain is about 2.5% per month (excluding this basket) which means we are looking at around 4 months to recovery. To be honest the risk to reward ratio here isn't great.

Originally posted by Balboa View Post
                        Short term Losing streaks do happen with the best of traders. When these things do happen then it's important to remember that SC has been trading successfully for a long time and has provided a full analysis regarding his strategy. I would say it's too early to reach conclusions. Have faith and give the guy a chance. As mentioned by Nick he has proved himself to be profitable over 3 years so don't let a few days or weeks of drawdown upset you.
                        Balboa

Comment

• Shit. 13% for me. That is the shittest luck. Just connected last Monday. So down around 17% in 6 trading days. Lol I thought I was safe to just stick it on risk 1x to check it out for a bit. I'm so lazy and also so unlucky! Bye bye June and July profits!!! Now I have the dilemma of whether to turn down the risk. Don't think it makes sense or recovery will take 6 months.

Let's make this recovery happen Jay!!

Comment

• I bailed out some large positions after I saw the large numbers of scaling trades and my total stop are around 5.5 percent. Been trading this pair for some time, it can move few hundreds pips away against trend before joining the main trend again. Guess this is my only consolidation.

Comment

• Wise move on your part. His trading history shows that this may be his first exposure to AUD/NZD? This pair is notorious for extended swings - but well what's done is done. I'll stay as a subscriber for another month and review performance. The part of this strategy I don't like is the nature of his baskets generally means an all or nothing approach which is typical of past EA grid/martingale systems like Margrid which I have used in the past on pairs like these. Those were scary days... I'm not sure this traders strategy suits everyone...

Originally posted by aheart View Post
                              I bailed out some large positions after I saw the large numbers of scaling trades and my total stop are around 5.5 percent. Been trading this pair for some time, it can move few hundreds pips away against trend before joining the main trend again. Guess this is my only consolidation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
                                Shit. 13% for me. That is the shittest luck. Just connected last Monday. So down around 17% in 6 trading days. Lol I thought I was safe to just stick it on risk 1x to check it out for a bit. I'm so lazy and also so unlucky! Bye bye June and July profits!!! Now I have the dilemma of whether to turn down the risk. Don't think it makes sense or recovery will take 6 months.

Let's make this recovery happen Jay!!
                                I was with the signal for little over 24 hours BRM! I've never seen money go out the door quite so fast. I made the rookie mistake of not checking to see if there were any open trades before signing up to the signal on VIP (I've only just joined VIP and had forgotten how it worked.).

When I suddenly saw all those open AUD/NZD trades on my phone, I thought surely this is some kind of error.

Well thats one way to learn a lesson!

Comment

Working...
                                X