SteadyCapture Discussion (Archived)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 2015 - Negative Month

I would like to apologize for delivering a losing July especially considering that I am new here.

This particular loss (AUD/NZD) revealed an error in my initial assessment and weighting that I've been able to analyze against the context of a similar trade I had to bail on a few years ago. Conditions were different yes, but I've already found some useful data comparisons that make sense and I will learn from it as much as possible.

For followers who have been affected by this I have spoken to Nick about offering 2 free months and believe he is making arrangements. I think it appropriate because of 2 types of trades unexpectedly experiencing losses within a week and a half. The majority of the time the different types have a smoothing effect but obviously add the potential for a larger spike of DD when simultaneously negative of which this month's example I believe is now the worst ever.

Investments in any asset class have fluctuations and draw down at times and this doesn't hinder my belief in Forex in the least. I will continue to show my worst trades along with the best and work to improve my trading. Losing months like this do not scare or intimidate me, instead they only serve to steel my resolve and I have built up a history of growing equity in turn after protecting capital.

I would also like to add that the example of "SteadyCapture Live" being negative this month is in no way a reflection upon an increased amount of market risk and/or increased risk to any other SP's trading. Such is the nature of Forex and this month's losing trades were specific to difficulties in some setups of my trading alone. I am still completely confident in myself, what the ForexSignals.com team is doing and in the ability of the followers and members to make money.

I thank you for your interest and high expectations, it's what drives me to improve.

Best Regards,

SteadyCapture

Comment

• 2months free only for payable subscribers what about VIP members with big accounts?

Comment

• Ok. I have seen enough. Bye bye steadycapture. One week with him at 0.3 risk and lose all the profit of july of viper's gain at 3x...

Comment

• Live to fight another day. This is where we will see if steadycapture has what it takes. And I always like to see how a trader recovers.

Winners are cool and all but recovering after dd needs a different mental approach. Hope we see something special!

Comment

• Hey guys,

You should have received the email about the 2 month complimentary subscription by now.

Keep in mind that Jay hasn't broken any rules here and every indication we have shows that he'll make a full recovery, it's just a matter of time.

I know losses hurt, but they're part of trading. Yes, this was a lot higher than we would like, but keep in mind that his max DD limit has been openly advertised as 30% with targeted returns in the 2-8% range per month. He's not obligated to trade for free, however he recognises the opportunity in being a part of this community and is committed to making money for all of us over the long term.

I believe I understand this guy better than most traders we've had on this site, our due diligence has been extensive and nothing that's happened has changed our opinion that he'll get the job done for all of us.
            Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

• The AUDNZD is recovering from a long down trend and the 1.1200-1.1300 area is acting as a strong resistance from where it has turned down repeatedly. I'm sure SC may have his reasons but the trade was doomed from the start (it always is when you buy into resistance or sell into support). Then he proceeded to stack trade upon trade in a narrow pip range. From what I have seen in Forex, a bad entry doesn't kill accounts, over leveraging does. This is the second instance (after the EURUSD trade) where SC entered large positions after most of the directional move had already gone. This is the hallmark of a newbie, not a pro with many years of trading under his or her belt. This belies his excellent record and I may be wrong but there is something amiss here. Maybe he is finding it difficult to adjust or over eager to please. The truth is I'd be happier to miss a 10% profit than taking a similar loss especially when the market is not to be blamed.
              Last edited by taruh; 07-21-2015, 08:23 AM.

Comment

• I will still watch him. Maybe put some money again on him in january if I ll see something good.
                Good luck Jay. Hope you will be still in the game for a long time

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
                  Hey guys,

You should have received the email about the 2 month complimentary subscription by now.

Keep in mind that Jay hasn't broken any rules here and every indication we have shows that he'll make a full recovery, it's just a matter of time.

I know losses hurt, but they're part of trading. Yes, this was a lot higher than we would like, but keep in mind that his max DD limit has been openly advertised as 30% with targeted returns in the 2-8% range per month. He's not obligated to trade for free, however he recognises the opportunity in being a part of this community and is committed to making money for all of us over the long term.

I believe I understand this guy better than most traders we've had on this site, our due diligence has been extensive and nothing that's happened has changed our opinion that he'll get the job done for all of us.

Will you still have him on 2x risk on your aggresive vip account?

Comment

• Originally posted by oandagut View Post
                    Will you still have him on 2x risk on your aggresive vip account?
                    Yeah, absolutely. I'm tempted to turn him up to 3x if I'm honest. A drawdown like this is more likely to result in accelerated gains than further losses.
                    Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

Yeah, absolutely. I'm tempted to turn him up to 3x if I'm honest. A drawdown like this is more likely to result in accelerated gains than further losses.
                      Don't agree with this thinking at all. Passed losses have absolutely no bearing on achieving accelerated gains, and that seems to be the kind of mentality which is the reason most people never become successful in the long term.

I absolutely love this site, but I seem to see the same thing when a new trader starts about using increased risk because of such a long history, then new followers seem take what you say and get excited and then end up losing big. I know it's not financial advice at all, but I remember the same ting with HarborFx since his drawdown was so low it was advised that a bigger risk could be used, and then he hit a bad run then left due to personal reasons.

Anyway not really sure what my point was....
                      Last edited by merau01; 07-21-2015, 12:51 PM.

Comment

• For me increasing risk is martingale style...

Comment

• Very seriously. I don't want to bash.

1 - loss is very within expectations. -10% vs -30% possible, but -30% a WCS. -10% a nice loss...
                          At least he used SL and protected the accounts. This is a very very very very very very very good point.

2 - bad point for me is, as he should take the less possible ever risk, he trades a new pair. For me it is better to do nothing than to do this. Sure probably bad luck did not help. But I would be a new signal provider here, I would so my best ever, so not trade a new pair, and take then additional risks.
                          Also we might think he did not let enough "space" between trades, but this is easy to tell after. It could also help us to exit quick...

3 - We have some history. But not so much as previous history is with Zulu, and Zulu has much more and different rules than here. So here trader has more freedom, but then a new style (example on Zulu it could be only flat stake). So it is worth observing more to get confident.

So overall. I think any serious trader should or set tiny risk, maximum .25, or continue to observe until they are confident. Market will be here tomorrow. Yes not being subscribed yet/observing you can miss a few months profit, maybe. But then you would be more confident, and if such a loss arrives, you will not turn off the copier.

So let's check if he recovers in say about 3 months. Any accident can happen but ideally it would be recovered in a correct period (thus RR is good).

Comment

• Actually when i saw the that the statement last few month low drawdown, really tempted to up my risk. But then there's a 30 percent drawdown possibility as stated, so when we down the risk to 0.25, the ROI will average around 0.7 percent per month, is it worth it? The risk: reward is not great at all . I think trading at risk 1 is still very high though.

Comment

• 0.25 would be while "observation time". You can then run along others robots/signals/manual. Then you may up to risk 1 but you need to have mostly only him on your account.
                              Yes RR not so good but hard to find traders that constantly make say 5% per month with 10-15% DD so max 3 months recovery... Usually you find an average 3-5% per month for 30% DD.

Comment

Hey guys,

Most of us still have a month or so left on the initial subscription (before next payment). Can we subscribe a month from now, using the link in the email?

Comment

Working...
                                X