X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steady what is the plan for recovery?

Comment

• Originally posted by jprize View Post
      Most of us still have a month or so left on the initial subscription (before next payment). Can we subscribe a month from now, using the link in the email?
      That's exactly what I'm wondering as well?

Comment

• Hey guys,

Just for clarification, I'm certainly not suggesting you guys increase your risk multiplier. What I do on my aggressive account is at my own peril, this is why I don't openly state how I run this account.

Taruh - I disagree with much of what you've said, however I do agree that if you look at these two trades in isolation it makes Jay look like a pretty poor trader. Fortunately we've done more due diligence than these two trades, and indications are that he'll almost certainly recover based on his track record.

We'll also leave the link open for a month to allow those of you on two month plans to receive the full benefit
        Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
          Taruh - I disagree with much of what you've said, however I do agree that if you look at these two trades in isolation it makes Jay look like a pretty poor trader. Fortunately we've done more due diligence than these two trades, and indications are that he'll almost certainly recover based on his track record.
          There's a message I've been trying to get across for a while now with little success. There is only so much statistics can tell you. With statistics you know (or should I say expect) that on average you'll make money but you don't know which trades are winners and which ones are losers. Sometimes adding some logic can go a long way. Then you'll realize that some trades are just doomed from the start. You should know exactly what I'm talking about because I pointed one out specifically (not from SteadyCapture) very recently as an example. Somebody in your team should have the skills to look at individual trades and assess them. Statistics can hide trading logic flaws beautifully for a long time and we've seen enough examples of that by now. And subscribers are normally not capable of doing that themselves.

To make it clear I'm not talking about SteadyCapture here because so far I had zero interest in this signal and have not been looking at his trading at all except bookmarking myfxbook. But I'm also not saying it can't be relevant.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
            Hey guys,

Just for clarification, I'm certainly not suggesting you guys increase your risk multiplier. What I do on my aggressive account is at my own peril, this is why I don't openly state how I run this account.

We'll also leave the link open for a month to allow those of you on two month plans to receive the full benefit
            I stupidly went to use the link so now I have 2 concurrent subscriptions that end in 2 months time. Is there a way around this? I initially thought the complimentary period would be added on top of my existing. I did not know that it was not possible to merge.

Comment

• Originally posted by primi View Post
              There's a message I've been trying to get across for a while now with little success. There is only so much statistics can tell you. With statistics you know (or should I say expect) that on average you'll make money but you don't know which trades are winners and which ones are losers. Sometimes adding some logic can go a long way. Then you'll realize that some trades are just doomed from the start. You should know exactly what I'm talking about because I pointed one out specifically (not from SteadyCapture) very recently as an example. Somebody in your team should have the skills to look at individual trades and assess them. Statistics can hide trading logic flaws beautifully for a long time and we've seen enough examples of that by now. And subscribers are normally not capable of doing that themselves.

To make it clear I'm not talking about SteadyCapture here because so far I had zero interest in this signal and have not been looking at his trading at all except bookmarking myfxbook. But I'm also not saying it can't be relevant.
              Primi, that sounds good on the surface, but if you have this ability to know absolutely which trades are "Doomed" , why don't you take the other side of those trades and start your own signal???

Comment

• This is not meant to be criticism but more for try to understand as begginer trader. But if SC is +3300 pips for the year but -$2200 is this not fundamentaly bad money management / trade sizing?

Comment

Hi Primi,

I feel pretty strongly that you can't asses an individual trade and say "it was doomed from the start". There is never a trade that's a 100% winner or loser. The only way to assess a strategy is to look at hundreds (preferably thousands) of trades and determine if over the course of that period the strategy demonstrates an edge over the market.

The market will do strange things and the trader will make mistakes, those facts are a given, however what I care about is the performance and attitude to risk over the long term.

I think what you're saying is that fundamentally some strategies are flawed and doomed to fail? On that point we do agree, but SteadyCapture isn't one of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by merau01 View Post
                    This is not meant to be criticism but more for try to understand as begginer trader. But if SC is +3300 pips for the year but -$2200 is this not fundamentaly bad money management / trade sizing?
                    Ignore pips Merau. Only shonky vendors use pips as a measure of success.

Comment

• Originally posted by jprize View Post
                      Primi, that sounds good on the surface, but if you have this ability to know absolutely which trades are "Doomed" , why don't you take the other side of those trades and start your own signal???
                      It's not about absolutely knowing as there is no such thing in trading. But knowing that 9 out of 10 times a trade like that will fail is good enough for me and as good as "doomed" as you get. There was a time when I was blindly trusting statistics as well. I was wrong.

And I did take the other side but I don't want to make it a signal. I'm not good enough and even more importantly confident enough to trade for the world. Nor do I want to. At this point I prefer subscribing (yes, I'm very lazy) so I need Nick to find good traders that are aligned with my expectations.

Comment

It's not about absolutely knowing as there is no such thing in trading. But knowing that 9 out of 10 times a trade like that will fail is good enough for me and as good as "doomed" as you get. There was a time when I was blindly trusting statistics as well. I was wrong.

And I did take the other side but I don't want to make it a signal. I'm not good enough and even more importantly confident enough to trade for the world. Nor do I want to. At this point I prefer subscribing (yes, I'm very lazy) so I need Nick to find good traders that are aligned with my expectations.

I appreciate what you're saying in that you don't blindly trust statistics.

I don't either, they're only one piece of the overall puzzle that makes up a trader.

Comment

• Originally posted by pipsig
                          Hi, I am new in forex, what is this Zulu Trade? I've seen it in many sites, I just can't understand what its all about.
                          C'mon..
                          For all those people who find it more convenient to bother you with their question rather than to Google it for themselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by peeper View Post
                            Bahahahahaha that's brilliant! How'd you do that? Oh wait I'll Google how to do it!!!

Comment

• Hello, All,

Speaking of Zulu...

I’ve been tempted to sign up for Steady Capture, but one thing has slowed me so far – not the current drawdown. Maybe someone could comment.

I looked at the Steady Capture history on zulu (April 2012 to May 2015). Results looked impressive: steady (sorry) monthly gains - only 4 negative months for the whole period - and low drawdowns. Almost all trades were for a constant “1 lot”.

At the beginning of this April there were two uncharacteristic trades - each for 100 lots! These eventually closed positive, helping to attain a P/L monthly record, but not before going through a huge equity drawdown.

I am pretty new to forex – possible I’m not understanding something here - but aren't such moves quite risky? Can anyone comment, please? Jay, Nick?

Comment

• At Zulu only pips matters. Check my previous message where I explain Zulu and here totally diff so we cannot really compare.

Comment

Working...
                                X