No announcement yet.

SteadyCapture Discussion (Archived)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there any plans to open MAM account here?

Comment

• Originally posted by BillHuppert View Post
      Nick: heads-up

Because of this, your follower account has an open Gold trade that appears to be about 10x the risk of the Master account.
      Probably won't be a problem in this case, but if SC opens a much larger, or multiple Gold positions, you could end up deep in the mire.
      Thanks for the heads up Bill. I had missed this due to the large number of accounts I'm monitoring.

Jay doesn't often trade gold, however I'll probably need to top this account up to make sure I don't get hit issues down the track.

Cheers
      Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

• Originally posted by Fire View Post
        Are there any plans to open MAM account here?
        Yes, we'll be offering a MAM for investors to follow SteadyCapture at some stage. It'll depend largely on his performance on when that happens.

My guess is early next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillHuppert View Post
          Nick: heads-up

Because of this, your follower account has an open Gold trade that appears to be about 10x the risk of the Master account.
          Probably won't be a problem in this case, but if SC opens a much larger, or multiple Gold positions, you could end up deep in the mire.
          Nick,

I'm worried that there's more to this than meets the eye.

It appears that brokers have different contract sizes for Gold, and this might be the issue here. If so, I think this can be fixed in the trade copying software.

In the past I've followed a signal (through another provider I think (forgive me)) that ran into a problem with the scale of Gold trades in the same way. If SC's master account has 1 lot of Gold = 10,000, and your broker has 1 lot = 100,000, then if the scaling code in the trade copying doesn't take this into account, then your trades, though they are the same lot size, have 10x the risk/reward.

I think this could be fixed by judicious use of
          Code:
          MarketInfo(..., MODE_TICKVALUE)
          or
          Code:
          MarketInfo(..., MODE_LOTSIZE)
          to figure out what a single tick is worth in both the source and the destination, and scaling accordingly.

Or I could be talking out of my RS. Forgive me if so.

Edit: added MODE_LOTSIZE
          Last edited by idempotent; 07-27-2015, 02:24 AM.

Comment

• Hi,

The new lot size money management actually does it in this way so you should see this fixed as we roll that out.

Comment

• @Nick or Jay,

Is Jay still in hard analysis mode? I haven't seen any trades since July 21st.

Thanks

Comment

• Any update on Jay or SteadyCapture signal?

There hasn't been any posting in this thread since 2 days ago when I posted the above message.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Hey guys,

I had a lengthy chat with Jay earlier in the week. He's at his desk and looking for opportunities, however the market isn't offering any set ups suitable for his strategy.

He's also mentioned that he probably won't be as active in communicating on the forum as before due to it distracting him from his job, which is making pips

After going back and looking at what happened with the two losses earlier in the month, what he realised is that a lot of his focus was on building his site and communicating with us on the forum to make sure the transition from Zulutrade was successful.

As a result of this diverted focus he thinks it may have had an impact on this ability to read the market which then resulted in mistakes being made.

I can assure you he's more determined than ever to high a fresh high watermark, however he's not going to rush it. Slow and steady wins the race here

I'll let you guys know more if I have any further news.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
                    Hey guys,

I had a lengthy chat with Jay earlier in the week. He's at his desk and looking for opportunities, however the market isn't offering any set ups suitable for his strategy.

He's also mentioned that he probably won't be as active in communicating on the forum as before due to it distracting him from his job, which is making pips

After going back and looking at what happened with the two losses earlier in the month, what he realised is that a lot of his focus was on building his site and communicating with us on the forum to make sure the transition from Zulutrade was successful.

As a result of this diverted focus he thinks it may have had an impact on this ability to read the market which then resulted in mistakes being made.

I can assure you he's more determined than ever to high a fresh high watermark, however he's not going to rush it. Slow and steady wins the race here

Yeh when you come here, you need an admin entourage. I would tell him to not bother with the forum at all till he gets some experience here. Your team and you Nick, can cover all this work on the forum for now as you know, sure peeps would understand.

Goes to all fellow members of the community as well, maybe bare that in mind and cut him some slack for now. Not a dig as 95% of people sound as a pound. Just a gentle suggestion

Let's see him bank some profits and get his pecker up!

Comment

• just checking in......any news? haven't seen any new posts since 7/30..........
                      thanks, rfx

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                      Hey guys,

Comment

• He has been doing well recovering the losses gradually

Comment

• Extra volatility this week thanks to the PboC and some have probably noticed the market lately has been quite streaky and characteristic of thinner conditions so I'm going to try and choose my trades carefully and not rush anything.

Forex always provides more trades and as an asset class right now it's looking pretty good to me considering the recent volatility in the broader investment landscape.

I would've preferred to perform better in the last few months but as Nick mentioned I've seen how I put myself in a position where I was fulfilling too many roles at once and wearing too many hats. The forex market demands more respect than that and for my trading style I need to keep my focus on staying in the zone.

Being a part of this community and working towards the same goal is very cool and I will continue to regularly keep in touch through the forum and with Nick directly. If I delay in posting from time to time I probably haven't caught myself up - at times I'm not going to allow myself to even look or think about things outside my trading. Unfortunately I'm a bit like a racehorse, I perform best when the blinders are on.

---------------------------

Also, there is a partial synthetic hedge position currently open which I will be winding down opportunistically. For smaller accounts or trading ratios please ensure that the long AUD/CAD position is proportionally matched to the AUDJPY/CADJPY hedge. The Master is still slightly long/unhedged, but I wanted to reduce some potential risk and allow it some breathing room.

Cheers,

SC

Comment

• maybe I am wrong but it looks like we are in synthetic hedging now

Do you plan to break the hedge on audcad to climb out the DD or you consider to do it also trading audjpy or cadjpy?

thanks

Comment

• Yes, I'm only partially hedged right now and may close one side or the other earlier depending on how market action plays out. The hedged part currently accounts for less than 0.2% DD.

Comment

• Though it is a small position I'm now completely hedged on the AUD/CAD position in view of extreme market volatility today. Especially for smaller accounts please make sure your account is balanced evenly.

Comment

Working...
                                X