Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good to see you were hedging SC.

Comment

• I only have 1 long AC trade? Or are we talking about the 3 trades with the yen ones included?

Comment

• With trade copying discrepancies can occur because of rounding differences between the Master and follower accounts when the follower is a much smaller size. These differences are not normally a major concern and tend to average out over time, sometimes making more and sometimes less.

In this case when balancing hedges properly in a currency pair with large amounts of pip movement the effect could potentially be amplified which is why manually checking the ratio is appropriate here. The current ratio in your accounts should be 1:1:1 AUD/CAD, AUD/JPY, CAD/JPY

This need to manually check should only rarely be necessary and I'll give notice in the forums.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteadyCapture View Post
          With trade copying discrepancies can occur because of rounding differences between the Master and follower accounts when the follower is a much smaller size. These differences are not normally a major concern and tend to average out over time, sometimes making more and sometimes less.

In this case when balancing hedges properly in a currency pair with large amounts of pip movement the effect could potentially be amplified which is why manually checking the ratio is appropriate here. The current ratio in your accounts should be 1:1:1 AUD/CAD, AUD/JPY, CAD/JPY

This need to manually check should only rarely be necessary and I'll give notice in the forums.
          I don't really understand this AUDCAD situation. AJ short was really good profit but now in loss.

So do the hedges all come off together or will winners be shut down. Please don't take me wrong I am not being critical AT ALL. I am just trying to figure out the plan for the hedge.

I must admit I have been playing around on the edges with very small positions....more for my amusement than actually trying to make any money but it passes the time...

But anyways steady if you could give some insight I'd really appreciate it!

Thank you! Good luck with the recovery!

Comment

• Yeah, basically I'm gradually working that position off because AUD/CAD is providing enough opportunities for me to manoeuvre around the position. The pair has moved a lot since the initial entry but the synthetic hedge allows me to choose my spots instead of rushing it or having my hand forced by the market. I'm not looking at what the Yen pairs are doing individually, to me they are a part of the AUD/CAD position which is now only 15% of the initial position size and will continue to shrink until it's closed.

Comment

• I have been watching the way you are maneuvering out of that rotter with interest and am impressed. You have a fan for what its worth!

Comment

• Nice trades today, hopefully the open trades will fall in place too

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Comment

• Yeah thanks. It was a little bit of a high maitenance trade, but sometimes those end up paying more by the time they're closed.

I'm still watching for opportunities in AUD/CAD because I prefer to let that position pay for itself but may wind it down with other trade profits if it ends up dragging on and/or if focusing elsewhere appears more efficient.

I like the market outlook right now because I like an active, big volume market for trading. It'll be interesting to see how the rest of the year's action plays out.

Comment

• Hi Steady. I am just wondering what makes your conviction so strong to sell USD since the moment Yellen spoke and said they definitely will raise rates this year? It's worked out well so far, but I am just trying to figure out why we are selling USD that's all... So far so good but yeah I dunno just trying to figure out why.

Comment

• BRM,

About Yellen you are right of course, but fundamentals are only one piece of the puzzle I look at when entering trades. In this case I really liked the setup for fading USD strength. Sometimes I will trade with the trend, sometimes counter-trend.

In my opinion there are many times when two equally skilled traders could take trades in opposite directions at the same time and both manage them profitably as long as they did so for the right reasons on the right time frame and with proper management. In fact there was one such trade I did last month both long and short at the same time (via synthetics), not for hedging but for playing both directions.

In the coming weeks I have no idea which trades will come up next... USD strength/weakness?? I'll have to wait and see, all I care is that they come.

Comment

• There must be something that "they" see that we don't. Let's see how this will work out though.

Comment

• Hi, what is the difference between the buying and buying on contrarian USDCAD of today and the one occurred on the last july little crash?

just for understanding

thanks

Comment

• Hi,

I don't seem to be able to find the steadycapture interview video, where is it?

Comment

• There isn't one

Comment

• Oh it was harbor fx wasn't it?!
                                Never mind, thanks.
                                Sorry steady, keep up with the great work.

Comment

Working...
                                X